Gaming PC Games

Iron Stove

Get Abzu (for free on Epic) if you haven't, it's really cool for an artsy indie IMO

0le

More free PC mini-games/games/DLC packs to own this week:

[STEAM] Nights Into Dreams:
https://www.sega60th.com/
(signup with Sega and link with steam, may need to do it twice if error message appears):

[STEAM] Streets Of Kamurocho (17th Oct to ?)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1368430/Streets_Of_Kamurocho/

[STEAM] Golden Axed: A Cancelled Prototype (18th Oct to ?)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1368460/Golden_Axed_A_Cancelled_Prototype/

[STEAM] Company of Heroes 2 : Southern Front DLC pack:
https://giveaway.companyofheroes.com/

[EPIC GAME STORE] Kingdom New Lands
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/kingdom-new-lands/home

[EPIC GAME STORE] Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/amnesia-a-machine-for-pigs/home

Bosws87

Anyone frequently play any of League of Legends, CS:GO or Valorant

always looking for some people to play with to avoid the community of 3 of the most toxic games.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/sboswell/

Steam profile

Yuffiee is my League Name

Yuffie#1726 is my Valorant name.

Be great to find some people to play any of these ranked i usually avoid rank solo as its toxic as hell (CS being the worst culprit)

Castia

New Destiny 2 out later today and then new CoD out on Friday....which one to get??

Already pre ordered Footy Manager 21 and the beta could go live later today as well.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Not sure if others have mentioned, but Hades is genuinely fantastic. Not my genre at all, but I was fully hooked. Highly recommend - though definitely not a 'before bed' game as adrenaline is pumped up.

First finish on run 27 if that's at all useful to anyone starting out.

Carolina Red

Staff
@Tiber @Mr Pigeon

So I’ve gotten the hang of the new (for me) game mechanics in HOI4 now and have embarked on a fairly successful campaign as the UK the last couple of weeks.

Held firm over Czechoslovakia and started the war with Germany in 1938, which sparked a civil war in Germany. The Republicans successfully overthrew Hitler and a coalition of the UK, France, the Czechs, and the Republican Germans made quick work of the Nazis. Fascist Italy joined the Nazi side and were also quickly dispatched.

It’s mid-1941 and I am now about 8 months into a war with the Soviets over Finland and 2 months into a war with Japan over their attempted invasion of Malaysia.

A coalition of the UK, France, Germany, Finland, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Italy, and recently the United States have held the Soviets at bay and are now pushing them out of the Baltics and Finland and have taken Leningrad.

Japan invaded the Philippines at the same time as Malaysia, which brought the US into the war with them as well. I’m leading a UK, USA, France, Netherlands, Australia, Kiwi, Chinese factions coalition against them now.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
@Tiber @Mr Pigeon

So I’ve gotten the hang of the new (for me) game mechanics in HOI4 now and have embarked on a fairly successful campaign as the UK the last couple of weeks.

Held firm over Czechoslovakia and started the war with Germany in 1938, which sparked a civil war in Germany. The Republicans successfully overthrew Hitler and a coalition of the UK, France, the Czechs, and the Republican Germans made quick work of the Nazis. Fascist Italy joined the Nazi side and were also quickly dispatched.

It’s mid-1941 and I am now about 8 months into a war with the Soviets over Finland and 2 months into a war with Japan over their attempted invasion of Malaysia.

A coalition of the UK, France, Germany, Finland, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Italy, and recently the United States have held the Soviets at bay and are now pushing them out of the Baltics and Finland and have taken Leningrad.

Japan invaded the Philippines at the same time as Malaysia, which brought the US into the war with them as well. I’m leading a UK, USA, France, Netherlands, Australia, Kiwi, Chinese factions coalition against them now.
Not too shabby! I always think the best campaigns are going to be the ones that are somewhat historically accurate but the mad ones always turn out better.

I finally got around to playing Crusader Kings 3 and attempted another Scottish Empire campaign similar to what I completed with CK2, which spanned the same land as the old Roman Empire plus Ireland, Scotland and Scandinavia (but minus Cornwall for obvious reasons). My first roadblock occured when I had to explain to my real life partner why all of my characters were naked, which was due to me creating my own religion called Beckhamism and not really paying attention to what options I was selecting (I was only interested in the multiple wives thing). She's seen me eagerly murder any heirs that I don't deem "worthy" and marry a horse but apparently this was what she thought was weird.

The second roadblock was that my PC runs like bricks flowing through a sieve after a few hundred years and I had to end my campaign after only getting as far as conquering Britain, Ireland and parts of France. The next time I play it I'll probably just stick to overthrowing the Pope or reclaiming Jerusalem with a Jewish Ethiopian character, which always turn out to be fun times.

Carolina Red

Staff
Not too shabby! I always think the best campaigns are going to be the ones that are somewhat historically accurate but the mad ones always turn out better.

I finally got around to playing Crusader Kings 3 and attempted another Scottish Empire campaign similar to what I completed with CK2, which spanned the same land as the old Roman Empire plus Ireland, Scotland and Scandinavia (but minus Cornwall for obvious reasons). My first roadblock occured when I had to explain to my real life partner why all of my characters were naked, which was due to me creating my own religion called Beckhamism and not really paying attention to what options I was selecting (I was only interested in the multiple wives thing). She's seen me eagerly murder any heirs that I don't deem "worthy" and marry a horse but apparently this was what she thought was weird.

The second roadblock was that my PC runs like bricks flowing through a sieve after a few hundred years and I had to end my campaign after only getting as far as conquering Britain, Ireland and parts of France. The next time I play it I'll probably just stick to overthrowing the Pope or reclaiming Jerusalem with a Jewish Ethiopian character, which always turn out to be fun times.
:lol: I love it

I did a similar conquest with Scotland in Medieval 2: Total War. It was great.

The ANZAC fellas have made a landing in Dalian, China and pushed a Japanese battle fleet (no carriers) out in the open. About to hit it with my 2 Carrier fleets and see if I can do a Pacific Taranto.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
:lol: I love it

I did a similar conquest with Scotland in Medieval 2: Total War. It was great.

The ANZAC fellas have made a landing in Dalian, China and pushed a Japanese battle fleet (no carriers) out in the open. About to hit it with my 2 Carrier fleets and see if I can do a Pacific Taranto.
Did it work? I always spent too much time building my fleets and forgetting to send them to different harbours so I inevitably end up with fifty carriers sitting off the coast of Boston.

Carolina Red

Staff
Did it work? I always spent too much time building my fleets and forgetting to send them to different harbours so I inevitably end up with fifty carriers sitting off the coast of Boston.
Worked splendidly.

At the cost of 13 planes, I sunk 3 battleships (including the Nagato), 5 heavy cruisers, and 3 destroyers.

0le

Epic Games are releasing a free new game every day for 15 days. The first one is today and this will continue daily. Check their website:
First game (Cities Skyline + 3 DLC packs):
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/cities-skylines/home

DLC packs are listed here:
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-...s?sortBy=releaseDate&sortDir=DESC&pageSize=30

Next game will appear here in a few hours time:
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/free-games

Ubisoft have already been running a similar promotion. They currently have Trials Rising free:
https://register.ubisoft.com/happyholidays2020-day4/en-GB

The easiest way to check the next deals will be to check this link daily:
https://ubi.li/happyholidays

Or you can check hotukdeals:
https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ubi.com

I believe the daily resets are 4pm GMT for epic and 1pm for Ubisoft but double check

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Has anyone played Dyson Sphere Program on steam?

Honestly at 16 quid it's just.. the best most life consuming game ever. I can't get enough.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Has anyone played Dyson Sphere Program on steam?

Honestly at 16 quid it's just.. the best most life consuming game ever. I can't get enough.
I have it yeah, was playing it a fair bit until Valheim came out. Very good game though, enjoyed it a lot and will come back to it in a few weeks.

Talking of Valheim, if anyone wants to play with a group, we're going to be getting a dedicated server after playing it last night with a group of 5 we had such a blast. PM me for a discord link and you can join us. It's a fun game to play in single player but a proper laugh with a group.

Bosws87

errr an early access game, can't stand that whole process.

Just looks like another flavour of the month like rust.

evil_geko

Whole Kingdom Hearts series is ported to PC and coming out on 30th of March. Epic Games exclusive for now though, and they are almost all full price, which is pretty shitty deal considering whole series can be bought for about $30 on PlayStation store or something? I only played the first one on PS2 emulator. Will wait for better prices and get them later on. Hoping it comes on Steam a year later like most Epic exclusives.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/discover/kingdom-hearts

SirAnderson

Coming here to vent at the fact that I am so far behind in games I need to play. Have Cyberpunk, RDR2 and Hitman 3 all waiting. Last big game I finished was Death Stranding.
I started the first 2 but barely played an hour on each of them for various reasons, haven't even installed Hitman 3 yet. Right now it's feeling like an obligation more than anything else...have I lost my love for gaming? :(
Well this kind of gaming anyway...Haxball is doing more for me than these right now :eek:

Nickosaur

For those that have Game Pass for PC, the EA Play suite of games is being added tomorrow... finally! Had originally been expected back in December I believe.

With the Bethesda games being added last week, that should keep me busy for a while.

Bosws87

For those that have Game Pass for PC, the EA Play suite of games is being added tomorrow... finally! Had originally been expected back in December I believe.

With the Bethesda games being added last week, that should keep me busy for a while.
Is the EA Part through origin or the disaster that is the gamepass app?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
They have to. Their store sucks arse, and it's ridiculous that a software company has the most useless and outdated system when it comes to literally everything from paying and installing their shite to actually having to deal with it when things go wrong.

The MS store is incredibly bad at everything it does. Ridiculous how it's still in the state it is.

Bosws87

Ray Tracing GPU's only the performance of AMD's Raytracing is really poor.

Simbo

Been playing the Humankind 'opendev' this last week. 4X game made by developer of the Endless series', very much a mishmash of Civ and Engless Legends mechanics. Its a test phase just playable until Sunday i think, fixed 150 turns on 1 map, game due for full release in August.

Its hooked me tbh, played a bunch of games now trying different things. It needs a lot of tuning but there's some things it does very well compared to Civ, etc. I think they are on to a winner.

Bosws87

Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition should release at 4pm ish today free for anyone that already owns the game.

First RTX exclusive game will more then likely run through this game again over the next week.

Ainu

I dropped the game about halfway through for some reason so this will be a good excuse to fire it up again.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Anyone played TW:Rome Remastered yet? Just downloading it now. Played it to death back in the day.
I've got it installed and ready but haven't had the time to start, let me know how it is! I'll probably get a start on Saturday

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
We'll be doing a session of golf with your friends after the United game. Anyone can join in, mic not required if you don't feel comfortable talking to us chumps. We should have 5/6 of us on. PM me for details if you want to tag along.

Fully Fledged

I've got it installed and ready but haven't had the time to start, let me know how it is! I'll probably get a start on Saturday
I've put 17 hours into it over Friday and Saturday playing Britannia. I've taken most of Gaul but now everybody has started to declare war with me.

I prefer it to the modern games were they overcomplicate the game play to make it too much of a slog to get anywhere. This is more simplistic but still can be challenging. I'm enjoying it.