Gaming PC Gaming Screenshots - *Large Images*

Brocky

Been wondering why The Caf' didn't have one of these for a while and figured I would create one, seeing as there are a lot of PC related threads popping up lately.

This could turn into a pretty hefty thread. The forum software will handle physical image size and allow clicking to view full-size. In an attempt to keep the strain on the site minimal and also to be courteous to those with slow or limited connections, I think there should be a couple of guidelines.

- Keep max images per post to 10 for now - Forum limit is 20 but we'll be working with large images here
- Avoid quoting entire posts of images
- Quote images in spoilers, if possible
- Tag screenshots with the game title and, if relevant, any mods
- Try to keep game discussions in the PC Gaming thread - https://www.redcafe.net/threads/pc-games.426258/
- Maintain superiority of glorious PC Master Race! *Jokes. I own a PS4*

A decent free image host - https://www.flickr.com/

Been playing a lot of Elite: Dangerous lately, so I'll kick-off with that. Some images are at 1080 and others at 4k.

*Click to view full-size*

Last edited:

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Would be nice to get a PC gaming thread in general. A place to organize gaming shenanigans and what not. Haven't launched Steam in ages. And probably won't until Mass Effect Andromeda.

I'll see if I have any decent PNG images.

Brocky

Brocky

4k Witcher screenie. Just a random shot.
Stunning. Although, I can't view it in all it's 4k glory because clicking the image takes me to the host site, who have a huge advert plastered in front of it. Try - https://www.ezphotoshare.com/ and then choose the BBCode Full option to get your embed link.

Hoping to see plenty of Witcher shots. I have it on PC but don't currently have a controller, so haven't bothered installing it. I really need to suss out hooking up my PS4 controllers.

Last edited:

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Stunning. Although, I can't view it in all it's 4k glory because clicking the image takes me to the host site, who have a huge advert plastered in front of it. Try - https://www.ezphotoshare.com/ and then choose the BBCode Full option to get your embed link.

Hoping to see plenty of Witcher shots. I have it on PC but don't currently have a controller, so haven't bothered installing it. I really need to suss out hooking up my PS4 controllers.
Why the hell would you need a controller to play it on PC? It's perfectly fine with KB+M.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

Just plug them in. It's that simple :lol:

Ainu

Currently playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on PC so I'll post a few quick grabs of that one. It's on High settings to maintain a good framerate, Very High and Ultra seemed beyond my GTX 970. Still very pretty though.

Brocky

Why the hell would you need a controller to play it on PC? It's perfectly fine with KB+M.
Because I am around 60% through playing it on PS4 and I'm just used to it. It plays much better with a controller, also. The Division, on the other hand, I much prefer KB/M.

Just plug them in. It's that simple :lol:
Really? I thought you'd have to use some crazy .BAT file effort, like you did with the PS3 controller. I'm a bit far from the machine to play wired, though. I bought a Steam Controller and gave up on it after a couple of days trying to get used to it. I wonder if I could get the PS4 controller to link in with the blu-tooth dongle for that...?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Because I am around 60% through playing it on PS4 and I'm just used to it. It plays much better with a controller, also. The Division, on the other hand, I much prefer KB/M.

Really? I thought you'd have to use some crazy .BAT file effort, like you did with the PS3 controller. I'm a bit far from the machine to play wired, though. I bought a Steam Controller and gave up on it after a couple of days trying to get used to it. I wonder if I could get the PS4 controller to link in with the blu-tooth dongle for that...?
You can get any old cheap dongle to connect it, yeah. I do it wired though, but you can get longer leads anyway.

Though I did switch to an XBone controller half way through playing, because I just prefer them.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief

Sweet, bookmarked.

EDIT: Also what @Woodzy said. :lol:

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Sword and armour detail is insane

Geralt's rune enchated sword gleaming in the dusk sunlight

And of course, wouldn't be a witcher if he didn't do witchery things.

Brocky

Those Elite Dangerous pics having me jonesing for Star Citizen. Is the aforementioned any good?
I think so, although it is very much an acquired taste. Many see it as a grind, though Elite has always been a long and slow progressing experience and that's what some people don't like, as they can't get all the best ships in a couple of weeks. Did you play the original games?

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
I think so, although it is very much an acquired taste. Many see it as a grind, though Elite has always been a long and slow progressing experience and that's what some people don't like, as they can't get all the best ships in a couple of weeks. Did you play the original games?
I have not. In need of a good space game though. I'll have a gander at some videos.

Rudie

Mentary
I have not. In need of a good space game though. I'll have a gander at some videos.
I'm sorry but Elite is basically boredom in space, you can easily acquire mega bucks on bounties and such and before long you're rolling in it without anything at all to spend all that hard earned dough on. It's as pointless as any game can be and apart from the visuals there is very little substance. Glad you're enjoying it though Brocky!

Brocky

I'm sorry but Elite is basically boredom in space, you can easily acquire mega bucks on bounties and such and before long you're rolling in it without anything at all to spend all that hard earned dough on. It's as pointless as any game can be and apart from the visuals there is very little substance. Glad you're enjoying it though Brocky!
By exploiting the game and the mission mechanics, sure. Not everyone feels the need to do so, however. Hey, who would have thunk it....if you cheat the system to get mega-bucks in no time at all, the game gets boring pretty fast! :rolleyes:

There could be more engaging content, sure, I agree....show me an open-world, sand-box type game that doesn't suffer from that.... but, as I said, Elite is an old-skool kind of game where it's a long-haul, slow burning experience and generally doesn't pander to the "I need to have all the best stuff now!" type of modern-day gamer. That's Elite. Always was and always should be, imo. Again, it's an acquired taste and not for everyone.

Anyway, there's an Elite thread for game discussion. Fancy throwing up some screenshots of what you're currently playing?

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
What armor is that? High level Feline? Just got the Superior Feline set, but it doesn't look quite like that.
Grandmaster Griffin Armour. Becomes available to craft in Blood & Wine. In fact each Witcher armour gets another craft-able level from mastercrafted to grandmaster.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
This thread reminds me I should play the DLC eventually.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Being one with nature.

Please don't ban me. I'm assuming that extreme videogame violence is OK, then why not a penis?

Marcelinho87

Yes! Excellent thread.

I play @ 1440p myself so will be looking to bang a few in at some point.

On Elite Dangerous, how is that game? Looks crazy complicated.