ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Really good episode this week.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
When's this coming to the UK!!!!!

Drifter

American
Loving this series and was not expecting it after seeing him in Suicide Squad. Can not get that annoying opening song out of
my head.

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Loving this series and was not expecting it after seeing him in Suicide Squad. Can not get that annoying opening song out of
my head.
I don't skip the intro as I always do with most shows. The contrast between their serious faces and the ridiculous dancing is funny.

United in sin

Ep 6 just kicks it up a notch. Best episode till date imo.

Cena is getting into his flow and is killing it.

I love this so much. Probably the best show around now.
He's been surprisingly good in this overall despite a few wooden acting moments. It's definitely one of the early best shows of 2022

nimic

something nice
Scout
Cena is a far better actor than Dwayne Johnson, that's for sure.

Another great episode, this might be the best thing DC has done as far as TV or movies go. It's definitely a hundred times more interesting than any of Marvel's TV series so far, even the ones that were "doing something different".

United in sin

Another great episode, this might be the best thing DC has done as far as TV or movies go. It's definitely a hundred times more interesting than any of Marvel's TV series so far, even the ones that were "doing something different".
Cena doesn't have Johnson's acting chops in my opinion, but it's all relative. I did like Cena in "Vacation friends'. He's getting better.

DC are stepping up. Doom patrol is great too. I think Loki is the best of the lot (DC and Marvel) though, in my humble opinion.

Last edited:

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

Gotta disagree on both those points champ, and I Iove Cena and love this show.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Dwayne Johnson plays one role very well, but that role is Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson. Preferably in the jungle.

I've definitely never seen him do the sort of acting that Cena did in this episode.

James_42

The show is amazing, and the intro is still as good as it was the first time I saw it.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Think all 3 (Rock, Cena and Bautista) are good in their own way. I like them all.
Bautista is good, thought he was great in his small role in Blade Runner 2049. Dwayne Johnson has more charisma than any of them, but I think he might be the worst actual actor. He's the most successful one, obviously, by a factor of... a million?

OneUnited24

This is what I want to see from the superhero genre now. No “we have to save the universe”. I want more peacekeeper, the boys and polkadot man

Really love this show and James Gunn is just killing it with DC. It’s funny but im more interested in what DC come up with then anything expected from marvel. Who would have said that a few years back…

Last edited:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Another fantastic episode. This is THE show to watch right now. Some genuinely heartfelt moments in this. Set up for a great finale. I’m gutted because I don’t want it to end. And I want James Gunn to do more DC stuff. I fecking love this show.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Brilliant episode. They've paced the show really really well.

Ekeke

Another fantastic episode. This is THE show to watch right now. Some genuinely heartfelt moments in this. Set up for a great finale. I’m gutted because I don’t want it to end. And I want James Gunn to do more DC stuff. I fecking love this show.
I'm hoping for a 2nd season then leave it there with him starting a new show with different characters

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Cena doesn't have Johnson's acting chops in my opinion, but it's all relative. I did like Cena in "Vacation friends'. He's getting better.

DC are stepping up. Doom patrol is great too. I think Loki is the best of the lot though, in my humble opinion.
fecking hell that’s a take. Johnson can’t act. Period. He’s fecking abysmal. He’s just lives his life as this fake-charisma generating slice of boredom. He is to acting as Joe Rogan is to intellectuals.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It’s so great and has a surprising amount of heart to it too. Gunn has nailed it. I still think Freddy is the best character but Cena has killed it too, he’s perfect for the role.

mad that he wrote the whole thing in a few weeks during lockdown and thought there was no hope it’d get picked up.

Selbourne

I usually avoid watching super hero stuff but I did get around to watching Suicide Sqaud 2 and thought it was brilliant

Pleasantly surprised this is great too. James Gunn is a brilliant director. Just hope they don't butcher the end like the numerous shows i've seen recently.

ha_rooney

Really good episode, finale is set up nicely.

Ekeke

All over. Wow. What an incredible job they did with this show.

I liked Guardians, although I was super dissappointed with the 2nd one and not very excited for a 3rd... For me this show was way better than the first Guardians move too. But not just that. I'd say its also easily the best superhero based tv show thats been made.

The show had absolutely everything. Short of a bit more budget for top level hollywood special effects moments, this was as best as you could possibly have done something based on a character like Peacemaker. Again I hope theres a season 2, but more importantly I think its absolutely imperative that DC keeps working with Gunn, gets him to make another show, another Suicide Squad or even has a go at one of the biggest properties/characters in the DC franchise. I'm trying to think of who would be the highest profile DC Comics character who would truly fit with the comedy... I'm thinking The Flash, but mostly Wally West as The Flash and failing that Green Arrow. And no not "Arrow" but the actual Green Arrow who is a Robin Hood activist with some jokes. As they are both Justice League members I'd say thats the one step up from the popularity of working with Harley Quinn.

I mean I think he'd do a great job of doing a movie with The Joker in it too but I dont know if it would be the movie that a lot of movie Batman fans want and The Joker would potentially steal the show. Superman seems like no shot for something with so much comedy.

Oldyella

They really managed to stick the landing. This was a great series. Easily the best DC stuff we have seen so far. Gunn really has a nack for sneaking in heartfelt character moments between the action and comedy, the speech about beard dye and the butterflys final talk with Peacemaker were episode highlights.

Think he has really invigorated the DCEU and I bet they can't wait to get him back after Guardians 3.

oh, and Harcourt... :angel:

United in sin

fecking hell that’s a take. Johnson can’t act. Period. He’s fecking abysmal. He’s just lives his life as this fake-charisma generating slice of boredom. He is to acting as Joe Rogan is to intellectuals.
You're entitled to your fecking opinion sir. Johnson all day for me, but I do like the others. Johnson, Boutista, Cena in that order for me.

ha_rooney

Good fun overall & a very good finale. Glad it’s been renewed.