Television Peacemaker

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

I am surprised there’s no thread on this. The first three episodes are now up on HBO Max. I am only one episode in, but so far it’s really enjoyable. It’s in exactly the same vein as The Suicide Squad and picks up right where the movie left off. The tonal consistency is hardly surprising because this whole thing is written and directed by James Gunn.

I’ve generally not been a fan at all of the DC material on film, but The Suicide Squad was excellent and this appears to have continued the quality. It’s early to tell after one episode but there were some genuinely funny moments, plenty of gore and sex, and a sort of irreverent charm. It helps that this has a TV-MA rating, and so they can really let the shackles off. Thus far it looks better than anything Marvel have produced for the small screen, and if you are a fan of The Suicide Squad or Doom Patrol, this will probably be right up your alley.

Widow

I just can't watch John Cena trying to act, and not because you can't see him. Throwing in a shite ton of swearing to make it seem edgy also didn't work.

The character is like Deadpool if ordered from Wish, typical DC. Similar to Marvel but sightly worse.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
I just can't watch John Cena trying to act, and not because you can't see him. Throwing in a shite ton of swearing to make it seem edgy also didn't work.

The character is like Deadpool if ordered from Wish, typical DC. Similar to Marvel but sightly worse.
I mean, I’m not hung up on it enough to argue your point with any real vigour; yet, despite his acting limitations, it’s really enjoyable. Two episodes in and it’s a really fun watch.

Ekeke

Strange, they're nothing alike. Deadpool was a Deathstroke rip off not a Peacemaker one

The show is very entertaining

Widow

I mean, I’m not hung up on it enough to argue your point with any real vigour; yet, despite his acting limitations, it’s really enjoyable. Two episodes in and it’s a really fun watch.
It's subjective though, right? Each to their own.

Strange, they're nothing alike. Deadpool was a Deathstroke rip off not a Peacemaker one

The show is very entertaining
It's just my opinion. I found the characters very similar. Happy you like it, it's just not for me

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Fun watch so far, pretty much what I expected.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Looks like a low budget version of The Boyz.

Will give it a watch anyway.

Ekeke

4 episodes in and this is even better than The Suicide Squad, which I liked and plan to watch again soon. Very good character building and entertainment

Hamnat

This was my favorite episode by far. Vigilante vs the racists was awesome. He is probably my favorite character now. I find the Judomaster fights to be standouts too. I don't even need him to have a fully realized personality he's just funny as is.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
This is amazing. Better than any Marvel TV show I have seen so far. Cena seems to be made for acting in this show. James Gunn really deserves all the money being thrown at him.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
It gets better and better every episode. Vigilante vs the White Supreme is already classic TV. As the previous poster said, this is so much better than anything TV related Marvel have done. It’s so enjoyable and I like all the characters. It’s got heart too, and that really came through in this last episode. This is just a really genuine surprise. I didn’t even know it was coming out, and stumbled across it on HBO Max. Now I can’t wait a whole week for another episode.

United in sin

Really enjoying this so far. Can't go wrong with Gunn at the helm. A lot had been mentioned about Cena's acting but I think this role suits him to a tee. The support cast is amazing as well

Ekeke

This is amazing. Better than any Marvel TV show I have seen so far. Cena seems to be made for acting in this show. James Gunn really deserves all the money being thrown at him.
Yeah I see people complaining about Cena as an actor, but I think he's killing it in this role as a messed up psychopath with funny traits learning new things and challenging his beliefs

The Gunn Peacemaker is the original comic book character taken to the extreme of course. In the comics his saying was that he'd fight anybody for peace, he would take on armies with batman-like gadgets and guns after the legal route (he's a lawyer) fails. So they've made him as ridiculous as possible by saying he'll kill anyone for peace giving the character a less serious and more comedic purpose with the more extreme saying/idea.

mu4c_20le

I thought Vigilante was a little annoying at first, but once the mask comes off, Freddie Stroma is brilliant.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yeah I see people complaining about Cena as an actor, but I think he's killing it in this role as a messed up psychopath with funny traits learning new things and challenging his beliefs

The Gunn Peacemaker is the original comic book character taken to the extreme of course. In the comics his saying was that he'd fight anybody for peace, he would take on armies with batman-like gadgets and guns after the legal route (he's a lawyer) fails. So they've made him as ridiculous as possible by saying he'll kill anyone for peace giving the character a less serious and more comedic purpose with the more extreme saying/idea.
I couldn't agree any more tbh. Cena is perfect for this role. His father too tbh