Television Peaky Blinders

Sylar

I liked s5. It probably helped I binged it rather than one a week.

I also like they put historical figures in it (but I avoid googling them as it will take away any tension, eg I dont know much of Mosleys story, or how it ends so it helped with the penultimate scene).

Its funny seeing Anya TJ in this given s5 happened before her big hit in Queens Gambit

Sylar

Oh thats a shame. thought they could at least go until s7 but at least it gets a finale (though will be about 6 episodes which does seem too little to wrap this up)

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Pretty gutted about this. She was a mega actor and perfect in this role. Peaky won't be the same without her.

Sylar

Do wonder what they will do about her and her character with this now.

Will be nice to see how they honour her.

LARulz

So gutted she died. But I imagine for the show its only one more season at best. It's not like they're doing the show without Tommy but she was a huge character and it would feel weird

Wing Attack Plan R

Just started season 6. Having watching the first 5 seasons in the past 3 weeks, many of the tonal shifts and plot switches feel jarring. Not sure what it was like for anyone watching the series as it was released.

Specifically, I thought the Adrien Brody Super Mafia Bros. arc was weak sauce. Brody was awful. The "sky king" style switcheroo at the end, where Tommy has secretly entered into agreements with Al Capone, and the NY mafia, was about as ridiculous as it gets. I felt the show jumped the shark then and there.

Then season 5 with the Billy Boys, Michael turning into a traitor, Linda freaking out, Finn blabbing about the assassination - everything feels unearned and rushed. The finale of season 5 was setup just like the boxing match finale, which felt oddly derivative.

So many things just landed with a thud: Aberama Gold getting killed sucks. That the Billy Boys would crucify his son, who is a bad-ass boxer (an arc that suddenly got thrown onto the bonfire), instead of using him, makes no sense. Gold was great.
Alfie getting killed and then suddenly not being dead after being shot in the face, that smacked of desperation.
Same with Arthur being killed and then suddenly he's also not dead. I love Tom Hardy, enjoyed his scenes after his resurrection, but it felt like fan service.
I think the addition of Anya Taylor whatever has not helped one iota.

I am dreading season 6. I want it to go out on a high note. I've enjoyed the hell out of this show, but seeing it all in a condensed window makes a lot of the cracks appear.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Just started season 6. Having watching the first 5 seasons in the past 3 weeks, many of the tonal shifts and plot switches feel jarring. Not sure what it was like for anyone watching the series as it was released.

Specifically, I thought the Adrien Brody Super Mafia Bros. arc was weak sauce. Brody was awful. The "sky king" style switcheroo at the end, where Tommy has secretly entered into agreements with Al Capone, and the NY mafia, was about as ridiculous as it gets. I felt the show jumped the shark then and there.

Then season 5 with the Billy Boys, Michael turning into a traitor, Linda freaking out, Finn blabbing about the assassination - everything feels unearned and rushed. The finale of season 5 was setup just like the boxing match finale, which felt oddly derivative.

So many things just landed with a thud: Aberama Gold getting killed sucks. That the Billy Boys would crucify his son, who is a bad-ass boxer (an arc that suddenly got thrown onto the bonfire), instead of using him, makes no sense. Gold was great.
Alfie getting killed and then suddenly not being dead after being shot in the face, that smacked of desperation.
Same with Arthur being killed and then suddenly he's also not dead. I love Tom Hardy, enjoyed his scenes after his resurrection, but it felt like fan service.
I think the addition of Anya Taylor whatever has not helped one iota.

I am dreading season 6. I want it to go out on a high note. I've enjoyed the hell out of this show, but seeing it all in a condensed window makes a lot of the cracks appear.
For me, season 6 was the worst. Not bad to be clear but comparing with other 5 sessons it was a little bit meh.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
At its peak.. I really liked the show. But S6 felt a bit ''off'' and I couldn't muster the strength to finish it. And I don't feel bad for doing so.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Speaking of Peaky Blinders; i read article few days ago about Paul Anderson (Arthur). Daaaaaaaamn, what drugs can do to a man. He looks like a 80y skinny old man.

Wing Attack Plan R

Speaking of Peaky Blinders; i read article few days ago about Paul Anderson (Arthur). Daaaaaaaamn, what drugs can do to a man. He looks like a 80y skinny old man.
His lawyer’s defense is a bit fanciful. Fans gave him all the drugs he had on him, and his own excuse that “the flu” made him look 80 years old, is a bit… much.
Anyway, he did seem to age a decade after he cut his hair after season 3.
Wonder what mayhem he will get up to in the feature film.

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/peaky-b...ks-silence-after-crack-cocaine-arrest-3594272

Wing Attack Plan R

Season 6 definitely was better than the Super Mario Bros. Italian mob bullshit. Each season was basically the same idea with new names: a villain who must be defeated: Campbell, Luca, Alfie, etc.

As I didn’t know what Tommy’s fate would be, I didn’t know if he would get the Biblical justice he deserved or if he would prevail. But what I realized is, like Walter White and Tony Soprano before him, you want your clever criminal to win. I’m happy with Tommy’s denouement. There is no way to make it into the beautiful mansions and cars the honest way, and that’s why I think we love characters like Tommy. The rules will never let the have-nots become the haves, so go for it , son.

Sad it’s over. Enjoyed it.