Pedri | Barcelona player

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
18-years-old, 60+ matches played this season for club and country and puts in arguably a MOTM performance against Croatia.

Huge talent and we'll probably be hearing a lot more about him for years to come.

diarm

There is absolutely no need for Barca to have this guy and De Jong. The sensible decision would be to sell one of them to us so they can fund another 50mil a season for Messi's contract.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Who's a better prospect - him or Foden?
Completely different players, Foden has pretty much been used as a forward for City, Pedri is a dictating central midfielder... and also 3 years younger.

He should be compared with Camavinga and Bellingham though, and between those 3 I have no idea who is the most promising midfielder. The 3 would make quite the midfield together though.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Another one of those players where the game is innate to him. Barcelona have a lot of problems but having two midfielders like Pedri and De Jong is just unfair.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Looks like they've got a real player in Pedri.

Imagine if Barcelona concentrated on their academy instead of wasting hundreds of millions on the the neo Galacticos project last few years.

How many others have been stifled or lost though in recent years?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Imagine if Barcelona concentrated on their academy instead of wasting hundreds of millions on the the neo Galacticos project last few years.

He isnt from their academy, he was signed from Las Palmas.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Another one of those players where the game is innate to him. Barcelona have a lot of problems but having two midfielders like Pedri and De Jong is just unfair.
After wasting around 250 million on Coutinho, Dembele, this is how football gods compensated for it.

They have some excellent young players.

Skills

Snitch

They bought him only 2 seasons ago.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Looks like a star in the making.

The Foden comparison is interesting. Foden has the skills but doesn't get into the same positions... maybe because of Mount/the lack of quality in the rest of the England midfield, but maybe also he has just been moved about too much. IMO he should be in the England team but either in the middle or on the left.

Bwuk

He’s better than Foden. Foden looks so good because of who he plays for.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He’s better than Foden. Foden looks so good because of who he plays for.
Don't agree. Foden was outstanding for the England youth team for example. He is very clearly a top talent.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
He is special. A joy to watch.

We've got some very young promising talents coming up. Ansu and Araujo already kinda established themselves as starters. If only Koeman pulls his head out of ass in regards to Puig, he will show how special a player his is.

Okey

Yep. Time will tell, but the kid looks special.

Abraxas

I did not catch much of today's game but he's been absolutely outstanding in some of the others. Had never even seen the guy play nor was I aware of his background or progress, he just immediately stood out as one of Spain's best players.

redrobed

Just Googled him and he plays centre mid which we’re in desperate need of. We should be all over this. Barca have a good track record when it comes to bringing through youth.

Ace of Spades

He has been really good for a while, plays like a veteran even though he is only 18. Very impressive.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Pedri showed fatigueness in the end of the season, but playing the first tournament for spain especially as a starter, gave him new energy it seems. Let's see how he will perform against suisse. But if spain reaches the final and Pedri will perform in those games, the hype will go through the roof.

Bole Top

they bought him for 5 million euros, but it will cost them 25 million more when he plays 100 official games for them. good deal.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
70 million euros.
Risky from Barca, I wouldn't mind Liverpool paying that amount of money for him and I'm sure there are other clubs thinking the same.

Of course he would need to agree to leave Barcelona for North West England :lol:

Last edited:

DaGOAT

That’s on Bartomeu and his “sporting project”.

Barca have plenty of promising youngsters coming through through.
In 3-4 years (maybe before) you will most certainly hear the name Gavi, who is the most promising youngster in all of La Masia.
This upcoming season Nico (Busquets regen) will spend the preseason with the Barca first team. Very promising too.

Bole Top

Risky from Barca, I wouldn't mind Liverpool paying that amount of money for him and I'm sure there are other clubs thinking the same.
agree, but it's his first year there and they bought him from Segunda tbf. I seriously doubt they were expecting him already to be so good for both club and NT at 18. I never even heard of him until I saw him on Barca bench.

there was in twitter thread couple of months ago that Barca were offering him new contract because Liverpool were interested in paying that clause. new release clause would be around 350 million, but I don't think he signed it. both him and Fati are yet to sign long termn contracts.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Looks like a star in the making.

The Foden comparison is interesting. Foden has the skills but doesn't get into the same positions... maybe because of Mount/the lack of quality in the rest of the England midfield, but maybe also he has just been moved about too much. IMO he should be in the England team but either in the middle or on the left.
Foden doesn’t play the same way. He’s a final third player. Pedri is more of a player who can skip about in midfield passing it around. He’s got more Modric/Iniesta vibes to him. Pedri is certainly ending up a central midfielder in a 3, Foden is predominantly a wide left playmaker.