Pedri | Barcelona player

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's incredible, I know the tactics played a role but he outplayed Modric in El Clasico which is a huge accomplishment whichever way you slice it. However I have a nasty feeling he'll end up at City so I won't go overboard with praise until he signs a new contract.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Everyone seems to think he's incredible and I don't think I've watched him play yet.

So, what about Camavinga?!
Camavinga is a substitute at Real and had an underwhelming season last year. He has great talent, but many people on here probably haven’t really watched him regularly/closely. Pedri was already starring in a European Championship last summer with Spain while Camavinga was at home. I don’t think they are comparable yet.

gajender

He's incredible, I know the tactics played a role but he outplayed Modric in El Clasico which is a huge accomplishment whichever way you slice it. However I have a nasty feeling he'll end up at City so I won't go overboard with praise until he signs a new contract.
You are confusing him with Gavi , Pedri already extended his contract last year till 2026.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Would kill for a central midfielder like him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Would kill for a central midfielder like him.
As would I, but it would require a much bigger change to see the best of him. Would need more players who have a similar approach to play with.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Not watched him.

Does De Jong play in his position / get in his way?

What type of midfielder is he if he reminded of an ex player?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Not watched him.

Iniesta is the usual comparison. One Xavi has made too and you'd think he'd know.

kthanksbye

Exceptional talent, with him and Fati, Barca have two players, who are as good as Mbappe and Halaand.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Truth is, he can be pretty much anything you want him to be. Need a dribbler/ball carrier to break a defensive structure? He can do that. Need a metronomic passer who sets the tempo and runs the play? He can do that. Need an off ball runner? Yep, can do.

On top of that he's tireless, has good pace, a fantastic understanding of spaces and angles, a solid defensive IQ and the tenacity of a DM.

He's basically the perfect modern midfielder

DaGOAT

Not watched him.

You a football fan? At all? Seems ridiculous not to have watched Pedri now as he is one of the best midfielders out there.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
What else to say about Pedri that has not already been said.
And I think Gavi has the qualities to be another world-class player.
And Pablo Torre, he has an enormous quality.

Barcelona have midfield for many years.

Pickle85

You a football fan? At all? Seems ridiculous not to have watched Pedri now as he is one of the best midfielders out there.
Why are your posts so confrontational? Not hugged enough as a baby?

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
What else to say about Pedri that has not already been said.
And I think Gavi has the qualities to be another world-class player.
And Pablo Torre, he has an enormous quality.

Barcelona have midfield for many years.
Personally I think Gavi is the bigger talent. He just seemed stronger on the ball and has better ball sense. Not to say I don’t rate Pedri highly, one of the best midfielders already even at 19, I just think Gavi has a higher ceiling.
Did not see much of Nico and Pablo Torres to comment

Stadjer

Who is the more talented one though? Pedri or Gavi? Gavi the more attacking one and Pedri the more controlling one?

Caesar2290

I think he might be the reason Barca sell off De Jong in the summer. They need to balance their books and De Jong is on insane wages. I think a 50 million bid and De Jong is gone.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
He really is special. Although Jude would also argue with that title tbh.
Don't forget Flo Wirtz :) I'm biased obviously but I'd take him ahead of Bellingham (who is phenomenal in his own right of course)

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Don't forget Flo Wirtz :) I'm biased obviously but I'd take him ahead of Bellingham (who is phenomenal in his own right of course)
Very true, only I sort of didn’t look at him as a CM so to speak so wasn’t thinking that way. But he’s certainly up there, marvellous talent.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Pedri and Gavi are both brilliant and could be the core of a brilliant Barca future, scary to think there De jong is also only 24.

OneWhoKnocks

I think he might be the reason Barca sell off De Jong in the summer. They need to balance their books and De Jong is on insane wages. I think a 50 million bid and De Jong is gone.
haha Barca will never sell de Jong they’re getting a massive Spotify sponsorship

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Who is the more talented one though? Pedri or Gavi? Gavi the more attacking one and Pedri the more controlling one?
Hard to say. Gavi right now is all talent and potential. Pedri is one of the best midfielders in the world...there's less than 2 years between them, so probably Pedri