Pedri | Barcelona player

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Who is the more talented one though? Pedri or Gavi? Gavi the more attacking one and Pedri the more controlling one?
Gavi is more intense in defense while Pedri is more talented. Gavi reminds me of Verratti while Pedri reminds me of Iniesta. If both progress to a similar level of the aforementioned players it would be the best and most compensated midfield in the world.

Caesar2290

haha Barca will never sell de Jong they’re getting a massive Spotify sponsorship
They're are up their eyeballs in debt and were on the verge of bankruptcy. They're not City or PSG. If a good offer will come in, they will sell. It's as simple as that.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
They're are up their eyeballs in debt and were on the verge of bankruptcy. They're not City or PSG. If a good offer will come in, they will sell. It's as simple as that.
Barcelona right now has fairly well balanced accounts and the bulk of the debt spread over the long term.
In case of need to sell to sign a player, the discarded players will be the first. De Jong's price will be €100M+

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I disagreed. Their income is very good. They just need to control their expense, which they are currently doing. They have no need to sell their best players.

DaGOAT

Top 5 midfielder in the world at the moment - at 19.

Ridiculously good this season.

wr8_utd

:'(
He really only had goals missing in his locker and he's added that as well in recent months.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It's brilliant him and the others (Gavi, Fati) have Xavi coaching them at Barca and Enrique with Spain, absolutely dream conditions.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
A bit crazy that I had people on here trying to claim he wasn't that special of a talent and was just a "tidy passer" :houllier:
He's an insane level prospect.

BerryBerryShrew

To think Barca picked him up for half nothing without any competition for his signature.

Meanwhile we have to offer top dollar for Bellingham and he fecks off to Germany.

Spanish privilege is unreal.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
He’s clear of all midfielder his level and even rivals some of the more establish midfielder easily. Very special player, what separates him is similar to separates Mbappe and Haaland from players they’re age and it’s there maturity and he barely makes any mistakes usually seems to pick the right plays and plays like he’s already at his peak and he’s only 19. He’s been putting in massive minutes for club and country and has some injury concerns hopefully they give him some rest.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The kid is dynamite. But his club have been brave enough to throw him in the mix very early cause they had nothing to lose. And yes, that's a dig at us.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s arguably the best midfielder in the world at present. Special player and a total joy to watch.

RoyH1

Why the feck don't we get some kid like this one? Instead we get Greenwood. Absolutely lovely player.
With Barsa's debt, I think we should throw an absolutely whopping money up front deal in front of their faces. Cannot hurt to try

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
So jealous of Barcelona having him come through a few years after Inieista. But in fairness they deserve it for their commitment to bringing through those kinds of players and playing that way. Even when they don’t come through their ranks , they’re such a good platform for those kinds of young Spanish players.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
With Barsa's debt, I think we should throw an absolutely whopping money up front deal in front of their faces. Cannot hurt to try
Barcelona will tell you to feck off in a million different ways. He has a release clause of a billion.

Besides, there would be little point adding Pedri to a team that conflicts with the principles that make him so special. We are still stuck in some sort of passing snobbery for a start, seeing it as ‘tippy-tappy nonsense’ or whatever, so if we were to stumble across a Pedri - we’d need to change at least 4 more to make it make sense.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Barcelona will tell you to feck off in a million different ways. He has a release clause of a billion.

Besides, there would be little point adding Pedri to a team that conflicts with the principles that make him so special. We are still stuck in some sort of passing snobbery for a start, seeing it as ‘tippy-tappy nonsense’ or whatever, so if we were to stumble across a Pedri - we’d need to change at least 4 more to make it make sense.
Yep, unless you start with a bid exceeding the current world record - and even then the bolded bit would still apply :lol:

He's basically untouchable. We'd have more luck trying to chase FDJ.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
A bit crazy that I had people on here trying to claim he wasn't that special of a talent and was just a "tidy passer" :houllier:
He's an insane level prospect.
There's some guy on here reckons Dylan Levitt is better tbf...

RoyH1

Yep, unless you start with a bid exceeding the current world record - and even then the bolded bit would still apply :lol:

Yeah, yeah I know. But hey, just try it out. Send a huge bid directly to Goldman Sachs, they practically own the club by now.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona

Yep, I see us selling De Jong for the right money but not Pedri or Gavi.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah, yeah I know. But hey, just try it out. Send a huge bid directly to Goldman Sachs, they practically own the club by now.
Yeah I guess you never know!
Yep, I see us selling De Jong for the right money but not Pedri or Gavi.
Yeah their emergence have come at the perfect moment for you with all this financial trouble etc.

Vaultech

Why the feck don't we get some kid like this one? Instead we get Greenwood. Absolutely lovely player.
Because United don't value players like Pedri. Nearly all of the clubs decent graduates have been forwards.

Don't be arrogant. That attitude is why United's recrutiment has been so poor.

Basso

Real Madrid really made a huge mistake here. Had Pedri before Barcelona and was trying out for them when it was snowing in Madrid.

Pedri comes from a tropical island and was used to playing on artificial grass. If you ever visit Tegueste. Go have a meal at his Parents restaurant Tasca Fernando.
Lovely local place and very humble people.

Last edited:

Kostov

They won't sell, they will look at his potential and think they can build another great team, which would be the reasonable thing to do. The kid is special and I am jealous.

Oxeki

Supports
Arsenal
He's already one if the best CM in the world at 19.
I just hope he's not one of those players that peaks early.

Big E

Xavi for Barcelona playing some good stuff bet the fans wish they'd had him from the off

kthanksbye

Love players like him, he's not particularly fast or strong, he just thinks quicker than most players around him, has the touch and finesse to execute those ideas with accuracy, he's already so much better at those things than he's supposed to be at 19, and these are things he'll only get better at.
Certainly has all the ingredients to be the best midfielder of his generation.

Earvin Johnson

Supports
Fc Barcelona
I see a lot of people compare him to Iniesta but to me their playstyle are very different. Iniesta was a lot more nimble and agile so he was a much better dribbler. His main strength was to carry the ball forward. From the Barça youngsters, Gavi seem to fit that profile a lot more.

Pedri has other strengths. He is very good at receiving passes between the lines, and disrupt the opposition from that position through his passing. You won't see him go on crazy runs like Andrès used to do.
His qualities make him more of a controller, rather than a disrupter. So, when i watch him play, he reminds more of Xavi rather than Iniesta.