Pedro at Chelsea

Dante

Average bang
I think he'll struggle with the physicality of the league. He won't be able to hide in Barcelona's 'passing carousel' any more. The onus will be on him to make things happen rather than just being the beneficiary of good team play. I don't think he's big enough for that.

I may be wrong, mind you. But that's the way I'm leaning at the moment.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Excited to see how we play now and curious to see who loses their starting place. I personally hope we play 4-3-3 with Oscar playing a bit deeper. Would make us a bit more solid in the middle of the park and mask Fabregas' defensive frailty.

Cuadrado surely has to be off now. He couldn't displace Willian so he has no chance of displacing Pedro.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Costa
Hazard Willian Pedro​
Very good front 4. With Fabregas and Matic behind (I'm sure Oscar will feel disappointed), Chelsea could easily forget about their bad start.

Only hope is that Costa fails to add to his first season. Looked awful vs City.
Think he's going into my fantasy team, Pedro is.

Crustanoid

Will probably help fire them to the double. They're improving as much as they did last season, finding slightly 'weak' areas in the first XI and upgrading them. Pedro is an upgrade in their RW, they maybe need a CB, but Zouma might step up.

Ah well, maybe we can learn from this

Raw

I think he'll struggle with the physicality of the league. He won't be able to hide in Barcelona's 'passing carousel' any more. The onus will be on him to make things happen rather than just being the beneficiary of good team play. I don't think he's big enough for that.

Yeah, the one thing I liked about United signing Pedro was because he'd fit quite well in United's possession based system. Still some question marks over how Pedro can handle the style of play Mourinho likes to utilise.

I hope he becomes another Cuadrado :D

Iron Stove

Hope this won't come back to bite us. It seemed to make so much sense for us.

Player who's won it all - Giggs said we were looking for that kind of player
Possession football player
Goals from the wing
Quick

Anyhow.. hope we have some surprise in store

Orc

Supports
Chelsea

Ehh. The concern about him suiting us are valid but I'm not sure about him not being able to handle the physicality. He's not any smaller or lightweight than his many compatriots who flourish in the PL like Mata, Cazrola, or Silva.

ravi2

Hope this won't come back to bite us. It seemed to make so much sense for us.

Payer who won it all - Giggs said we were looking for that kind of player
Possession football player
Goals from the wing
Quick

Anyhow.. hope we have some surprise in store

Its ridiculous we lost out on Pedro over something like 5m, ironically we lost out on Hazard over the same amount.

Raw

Its ridiculous we lost out on Pedro over something like 5m, ironically we lost out on Hazard over the same amount.
Which makes me believe it wasn't a money issue at all. We splash the cash for everyone else, but suddenly we're haggling €5m over Pedro? Not buying it.

Varun

Staff
Likely to replace Willian. He'l be very good for them but will need to adapt to their system, sea change from what he's used to at barca.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
So furious at the club. We're like a bunch of clowns when it comes to transfer business.

Chelsea wrapped this up with no hassle, and most importantly - it wasn't public like every fecking transfer deal we go about.

mu4c_20le

Jose is using this signing to deflect attention away from his own shortcomings. Notice how no one is talking about the Chelsea medics, Terry's decline, and their underperforming stars anymore.

Danillaco

Well, Pedro is a great player and I am sorry we missed out on him. We could have tons of pace and creativity with him,really like the guy, and think he's undervalued by most.

But I wish he flops for Chelsea.

El Zoido

Jose is using this signing to deflect attention away from his own shortcomings. Notice how no one is talking about the Chelsea medics, Terry's decline, and their underperforming stars anymore.
Reports say this is an Abramovich signing and Jose wasn't particularly interested in him.

Jerch

Predicted Fabregas will not do as well as some thought and TBF he faided in the second half of the season. Hard to predict anything for Pedro, even if he is used to possesion type of football he is just the winger Mourinho want - fast, can dribble and works hard. We will see.

@Orc why did you stopped pretending that you are United fan or better question, why did you pretend that you are United fan in first place?

Roman Bellic

Prick
It's thursday, they have already milked those stories.

ravi2

Which makes me believe it wasn't a money issue at all. We splash the cash for everyone else, but suddenly we're haggling €5m over Pedro? Not buying it.

It does seem odd doesnt it?
Money is definitely not our problem, but LVG did mention Pedro by name and Woodie flew over to Barca for what exactly?

I hope we have laporte and Griezmann lined up.

Dante

Average bang
Ehh. The concern about him suiting us are valid but I'm not sure about him not being able to handle the physicality. He's not any smaller or lightweight than his many compatriots who flourish in the PL like Mata, Cazrola, or Silva.
But Mata couldn't fit into a Mourinho team. And his lack of strength is probably the biggest criticism of him you'll find on this forum. On the flip side, Mata has incredible vision to make up for it. Pedro doesn't.

Cazorla is short but stocky. Pedro is a waif.

Silva is blessed with the best balance in the league. I don't think Pedro has that at all.

Pedro is a clever and tidy player, but lacks the physical or creative gifts that those other players have. Walcott is probably the closest comparison, but he's also a fair bit stronger than Pedro, imo.

waza7111

I've not watched him recently but he doesn't seem like a Mourinho type of winger. I'm not sure if he'll be defensively good enough because he will be required to track back.

The reasons I think we didn't sign him are age, giving more opportunities to youngsters and possibly a surprise signing coming up.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
So furious at the club. We're like a bunch of clowns when it comes to transfer business.

Chelsea wrapped this up with no hassle, and most importantly - it wasn't public like every fecking transfer deal we go about.
This. I'm sure the club and most Caf posters will have excuses ready about how we were never interested in the first place, but it's worrying how this sort of thing seems to happen every single summer.

Smores

Always good to have great players come into the league, not so good when it's not to us.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I am interested to see how he will fare outside of barcelona. Could tell a story about the actual level of the players in that glorious side of theirs.

My impression is he come in and be a classy mofo.

crimsonife

Willian should be able to move central so Pedro can take the right. Or he gets benched and Oscar continues.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I am interested to see how he will fare outside of barcelona. Could tell a story about the actual level of the players in that glorious side of theirs.

My impression is he come in and be a classy mofo.
Similar to when it seemed like he'll join United? :)

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
He'll get them 20 goals this season.

Why didn't Mata, or one of our other Spanish players try to ring him and convince the boy? They're such clowns to let Fabreagas get there first when we've been in talks for a month. Pathetic really.

He's a great player but he's not a world beater who will make something out of nothing. Chelsea already have enough of his type, not really why sure why they've bought another.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
But Mata couldn't fit into a Mourinho team. And his lack of strength is probably the biggest criticism of him you'll find on this forum. On the flip side, Mata has incredible vision to make up for it. Pedro doesn't.

Cazorla is short but stocky. Pedro is a waif.

Silva is blessed with the best balance in the league. I don't think Pedro has that at all.

Pedro is a clever and tidy player, but lacks the physical or creative gifts that those other players have. Walcott is probably the closest comparison, but he's also a fair bit stronger than Pedro, imo.
Mata played in a position for us (centrally) where you can't afford to be lightweight and lazy defensively.

Unlike Mata, Pedro does the things Mourinho demands of an attacking player.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Similar to when it seemed like he'll join United? :)
Yeah. Don't think you'd find me saying otherwise. I am pretty chuffed you missed out on him and Otamendi/Ramos.

Now for DDG to leave and I am set for full smirk-mode on deadline day.