Pedro at Chelsea

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
A poor man's Giovinco.

i don think he has been that bad. He at least tries to be positive and make things happen iin a truly awful Chelsea team.

prath92

Not really.

He is going towards his goal after probably winning the ball back. He decides to take responsibility rather than pass it to the keeper because I assume he saw there was someone coming to press.
Sometimes you have to do the right thing. The only one who was pressuring him was Mirallas at LW. Had pedro passed to courtois (azpi clearly tells him to when he gets the ball), he could have possibly got rid of the danger. Instead he tried to create an attack from it and ends up conceding a corner.

walkinhop

He is obviously not as bad as people think he is and he is not as good as people thought he was. Chelsea doing badly this season is a big factor in making him look bad, as in making everyone else in their team look worse than they can be. Alexis was always the more "making something happen" player at Barca though, whilst Pedro was the one feeding off of the rest of that team, IMHO!

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Not sure about that. Both have been underwhelming to say the least, however Mata did have that period at Chelsea where he excelled.

If you're writing off him now you may as well write off Depay, Darmian, etc. I think give them all another season to adjust.
Pedro is 28 already, and I doubt there are 10 seasons left in him, while with Darmian and Depay you ever know. Neither of them look great, but they have time on their side but if you are signing player like Pedro, from Barcelona, then you are definitely expecting him to make an impact. Depay and Darmian also have resale value, I doubt Chelsea could sell Pedro for decent money in a year or two when he is 30.

Lowkey

Pedro is 28 already, and I doubt there are 10 seasons left in him, while with Darmian and Depay you ever know. Neither of them look great, but they have time on their side but if you are signing player like Pedro, from Barcelona, then you are definitely expecting him to make an impact. Depay and Darmian also have resale value, I doubt Chelsea could sell Pedro for decent money in a year or two when he is 30.
Sad thing is, when you join United, your resale value seems to go down the toilet as we always sell players dirt cheap whereas at Chelsea they always get much more than expected.

Needham

His inability to make a difference shows how pedestrian and structured starring for a brilliant Barca at the Nou Camp is.

prath92

Saw him at Stamford Bridge against Palace back in August. He was anonymous. He's only slightly improved since. Maybe he's still adjusting, but he has underwhelmed given where he came from.
he assisted falcao that game, didnt he?

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
There seems to be a Sanchez/Pedro mix up going on here.

Pedro is shit.
Sanchez isn't.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
There seems to be a Sanchez/Pedro mix up going on here.
Wondered how long it would take until someone figured that out. The larger point is how poor Needham's conclusion on Pedro was, not to mention knowledge of footballers in general

Needham

Wondered how long it would take until someone figured that out. The larger point is how poor Needham's conclusion on Pedro was, not to mention knowledge of footballers in general
Haven't mentioned any other players apart from Falcao. Tell me about the great performances Pedro has given this season.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Pedro is a good player. People want to jump on him. I suppose Hazard is rubbish now too? At least Pedro has an excuse. There are few things worse then opportunists who wait in the shadows wanting to make a point. You guys rock...

RedStarUnited

Sometimes you have to do the right thing. The only one who was pressuring him was Mirallas at LW. Had pedro passed to courtois (azpi clearly tells him to when he gets the ball), he could have possibly got rid of the danger. Instead he tried to create an attack from it and ends up conceding a corner.
I agree, but some posters are making it out to be much worse than what it is.

Thank god someone mentioned the Hazard thing. Hazard is the current player of the year and he has been utter shite this season. And there is about 5 other Chelsea players who have also been awful. Pedro is meant to come in to that mess and shine?

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Pedro is a good player. People want to jump on him. I suppose Hazard is rubbish now too? At least Pedro has an excuse. There are few things worse then opportunists who wait in the shadows wanting to make a point. You guys rock...
Hazard is a sly, gutless, lazy wanker. No player is worse then him.

cyberman

People were doubting be could get back to his form circa 2011 and wondered if he was carried by a great side and having his weakness papered over with his sub appearances.
So far he has failed.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Not sure about that. Both have been underwhelming to say the least, however Mata did have that period at Chelsea where he excelled.

If you're writing off him now you may as well write off Depay, Darmian, etc. I think give them all another season to adjust.
I never particularly rated Pedro to begin with so I'm not really writing him off. He'll probably get bit better but I very much doubt we'll ever regret not signing him. He's just not that good. Never was.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
He was always a clunky fit for both Chelsea and the Premier League and would have needed a fair wind, rather than a shitstorm, to shine.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Bad situation for him with Chelsea having a nightmare season. But he wanted to move, nothing more we could have done in this respect.

prarek

Is it fair to judge him this season? Look Hazard was amazing last year. Not just last year but also before that. And this season he does not look half the player. Pedro is new to the team, new to the league, and the team playing shit. Bit unfair.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Is it fair to judge him this season? Look Hazard was amazing last year. Not just last year but also before that. And this season he does not look half the player. Pedro is new to the team, new to the league, and the team playing shit. Bit unfair.
Hazard isn't playing poorly because of Chelsea, he is playing poorly because of himself. In fact, Hazards form has fecked Chelsea over more then Chelsea has fecked Hazards form up.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Well yeah but are the players playing shit cos the team is bad or is the team bad cos the players are playing shit? It's fair to judge him as it's fair to judge Hazard, Fabregas, Costa, Matic, etc. and say they've been poor and contributed to an awful title defence, but it's reasonable to suggest he'll probably look better when everyone (including himself) starts performing a bit better.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He'd look better with us. I think Memphis would look better at Chelsea.

We're so rigid and possession based - Pedro would have instantly been used to that kind of football, and honestly would be far more productive than anyone we've played on the left.

Systems are important, and he doesn't seem to fit Mourinho's. I'd expect him to get better under Hiddink.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
He'd look better with us. I think Memphis would look better at Chelsea.

We're so rigid and possession based - Pedro would have instantly been used to that kind of football, and honestly would be far more productive than anyone we've played on the left.

Systems are important, and he doesn't seem to fit Mourinho's. I'd expect him to get better under Hiddink.
While Im sure Pedro would look with us i have no idea why Memphis would look better with them. Care to explain mate?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
While Im sure Pedro would look with us i have no idea why Memphis would look better with them. Care to explain mate?
Chelsea are a lot quicker to transition the ball outwide than we are. Willian has been excellent often because he's able to run with the ball into the final third against only the single FB. Fabregas in particular despite all his deserved criticism is excellent at quickly setting the wide players off by playing the ball into space.

Memphis largely struggles for us because he's always been asked to take on defenses that are already set, and typically against at least 2 men. The times he has looked good has been when he has some space in front of him, which he'd get more at Chelsea. Or, admittedly, any team other than LVG's United.

Of cousre it's all hypothetical, but I've seen a bit of Chelsea and while results have obviously been woeful, matches are still more entertaining that ours!

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
It's not fair, but it's not just this season that Pedro hasn't performed well. As many of us said in the summer, he's a long way short of his 2010/11 peak.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Fair to say he's been a flop so far. One of those players that can only add to a genuinely top class team?

Cina

Fair to say he's been a flop so far. One of those players that can only add to a genuinely top class team?
To be fair, when you've pretty much only played at a top class team it's probably difficult to adjust to the mess that Chelsea currently are!

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I think he has improved Under Hiddink

It's difficult to judge because Chelsea have had such a bad season, they have barely had anyone who has excelled

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
It was a long time since he contributed that much to Barcelona too. He was good at scoring hattricks against the lower sides in Spain but after 2011 he wasn't really that good otherwise.

Good way to tell how often people watched Barcelona is how highly they rate(d) Pedro. The more you watch, the less you'd rate him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's a bit faster than I expected but for the most part seems harmless for the majority of matches. Probably escapes criticism a little due to how awful Hazard has also been.