Pedro at Chelsea

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
OK/good player at Barca who is showing his true level playing for Chelsea. Not nearly good enough to have caused the uproar when Utd missed out on him.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Who has been worse? Memphis or Pedro?
Atleast you know with Pedro that he's fast and will work a lot defensively.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
OK/good player at Barca who is showing his true level playing for Chelsea. Not nearly good enough to have caused the uproar when Utd missed out on him.
Yes, a fair few people embarrassed themselves hilariously over that whole saga,

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
So having a player who's been a bit crap at 28 is rather a lot worse than having one who's been a bit crap at 22.
22 is not like 18, players mature by 22 now. Memphis for me haven't shown anything to really deserve a place. No pace or skill to talk about. If he doesn't have the legs to run at 22, what will he do at 28? People keep talking about his potential, I am yet to see any evidence of that so far. I haven't seen any of his past seasons, so no idea what he did earlier.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
22 is not like 18, players mature by 22 now. Memphis for me haven't shown anything to really deserve a place. No pace or skill to talk about. If he doesn't have the legs to run at 22, what will he do at 28? People keep talking about his potential, I am yet to see any evidence of that so far. I haven't seen any of his past seasons, so no idea what he did earlier.
I dare say a 22 year old is more likely to improve than a 28 year old.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I'm all for a policy that writes players off at 22. Might have spared us some of the shit we've had to endure over the years, like Scholes.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Fairly standard performance unfortunately.
I don't understand why Hiddink isn't playing Kennedy at LW and someone else at LB. At least he looked threatening going forward, Pedro did nothing but lose the ball and stink up the place.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I don't understand why Hiddink isn't playing Kennedy at LW and someone else at LB. At least he looked threatening going forward, Pedro did nothing but lose the ball and stink up the place.
Now we've got nothing to play for, I'd like to see Kenedy playing further forward, Baba at right back, Miazga getting a few games in defence, Lofty-Cheeks in midfield and Traore getting a few starts.

Won't happen though. We'll see a pointless debut for Pato, a few games for Remy and more starts for Mikel.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Wants a move back to Barca according to Sky Sports..thoughts ?
I'd have him back as would Lucho I imagine but it would be a complicated transfer and Barcelona would be wise not to spend the money needed to return.

The only youth wide players that could get a shot are playing at Everton & Adama who never really played at Aston Villa

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Pedro has now won

World Cup
European Championship
Champions League
Europa League
UEFA Supercup
World Club Cup

I can only think of Torres as the other player to do so. Some achievement

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Pedro has now won

World Cup
European Championship
Champions League
Europa League
UEFA Supercup
World Club Cup

Pedro is the only player to win:
Prem
Champions League
World cup
Euros
Europa League
Fa Cup

Fair play.

duffer

Scout
Pedro has now won

World Cup
European Championship
Champions League
Europa League
UEFA Supercup
World Club Cup

Torres didn't win the World Club cup or UEFA Supercup. Neither of those are worth a shit anyway though.

Pedro also won everything possible to win a club level (La Liga, The Premier League and the respective FA cups).

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Pique comes close though, just needs the Europa League. Plus he has la Liga titles.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Pedro has now won

World Cup
European Championship
Champions League
Europa League
UEFA Supercup
World Club Cup

For the four actual competitions, there is Mata?

Alexit

He's been blessed to be on good sides. Average player for me.

duffer

Scout
Probably for the same reason we pick the likes of Lingard, Young etc. You have to field 11.
You might have a point if Pedro won everything at Chelsea (where we don't have too many better options) but Pedro won most of his stuff with Barca and Spain, who were (at the time) the best teams in the world.

Robbie Boy

A very good functional player and top teams need players like him to supplement the superstars.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Always liked him, bit of nuisance player in final third with really good runs and chips in with goals.

Could well start a lot for Chelsea next year given what they're losing in final third.

Red_toad

Torres didn't win the World Club cup or UEFA Supercup. Neither of those are worth a shit anyway though.

Pedro also won everything possible to win a club level (La Liga, The Premier League and the respective FA cups).
The World Cup isn’t worth a shit :lol: wow

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"

No League cup in England...

Bwuk

If Pedro was younger he’d be the sort of player modern teams like Liverpool/Spurs/Madrid etc would love. Able to play high press, rapid and makes good runs in behind.