Pedro Neto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

Name: Pedro Neto
Position: RW​

Been linked as a Antony replacement... Just for those scratching their heads of what our alternative options could be. Left footed winger… probably represented by Mendes. So I’m sure if this helps CR7 leave we could get him for a reasonable fee.

Lemon Moon

Been linked as a Antony replacement... Just for those scratching their heads of what our alternative options could be. Left footed winger… probably represented by Mendes. So I’m sure if this helps CR7 leave we could get him for a reasonable fee.
Source?

If he gets back to pre injury form, yes please. He was electric between 2019-2021, was looking to become one of the best wingers in the league.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Should definitely be looking at this if it’s viable.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon

It’s Wolves so prepare for them to quote us £100m and then loan him to Barca with an option to buy for £30m in a few years.

Zoo

He signed a new five year deal in March. Even with Mendes involved to help it may not be cheap.

davidmichael

He signed a new five year deal in March. Even with Mendes involved to help it may not be cheap.
Mendes wants us to facilitate a move for Ronaldo and created a summer saga for us so if Mendes wants us to agree to move Ronaldo on then he should look to help us attain Neto, I loved what I saw from Neto before the injury.

Bondi77

I posted in another thread that I would be happy for Neto or Podence over the grossly overpriced Antony!

saik

I like him. Looks like he can play both wings from the couple of times I watched them play. Him and I think that Podence guy were impressive in that game I watched.

Saying that I prefer the guy the got on loan from Barca. Was it Trincao or something? He looked a better talent to me.

Sanchez7

Seen him a few times and like the look of him. He is a modern day winger and is quite fast with good close control and technique. Anything around 30-40m would be a good deal.

Blood Mage

Wolves will probably demand close to what Ajax are asking for Antony this close to the new season. This is why the club needs to get it through their thick skulls that preparing for every window and nailing down your targets as soon as possible is essential.

Ekeke

Really liked him season before last I think it was. Obviously a bad injury and we didnt see if he can return to form after it last season.

I agree we'd probably be asked to pay an unreasonable fee though like with Neves. Other than injury Jota was worth it though

Aeryis

Michael Olise is there for the taking and he has a release clause.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I like him. Looks like he can play both wings from the couple of times I watched them play. Him and I think that Podence guy were impressive in that game I watched.

Saying that I prefer the guy the got on loan from Barca. Was it Trincao or something? He looked a better talent to me.
Trincão? Nah, not for me, not even close to as talented as Neto. He definitely improved last year but he's still mostly a show pony with poor end product.

Neto pre-injury was starting to look a bit Bale-like. Big talent.

hobbers

Depends on price and how he's recovered, but yeah this could work.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Michael Olise is there for the taking and he has a release clause.
Might not be the kind of winger we're after though. More of a no.10 on the wing rather than a pacy wide player who can stretch the play as well as cut in and score goals.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If Rashford was sold. But don’t come on here complaining about how we have x amount of players who want to play on the left if we sign him.

mu4c_20le

He’s class. Had a big injury though - I didn’t see him much after he came back. Plus he’s just signed a big contract so I doubt he’s on our list.
He scored in the last game of the season against Liverpool, and again in preseason. He's back.

aeh1991

His post injury form was not that good and even before his injury he was promising at best, not a starter material for MU. I don't think it'd be worth to buy him for the amount Wolves would ask.

Mainoldo

But plays on the right?
Also on the left and has played at 10. Last season he started 1/3 of the games in all of those positions.

So no I wouldn’t be labelling him a left winger.

Oranges038

His inury was quite rare. A broken/ fractured knee cap?

Not sure if there was any other damage, but you'd imagine if there was no other serious ligament or tendon damage then it's not really a major worry of there being any serious relapse.

Good player, not sure if he's good enough anyway, despite any injury concerns.

Mainoldo

His inury was quite rare. A broken/ fractured knee cap?

Not sure if there was any other damage, but you'd imagine if there was no other serious ligament or tendon damage then it's not really a major worry of there being any serious relapse.

Good player, not sure if he's good enough anyway, despite any injury concerns.
Well he seems to of kept his pace.

Aeryis

Might not be the kind of winger we're after though. More of a no.10 on the wing rather than a pacy wide player who can stretch the play as well as cut in and score goals.
Have you seen Olise? He's pretty quick, at the very least a lot quicker than Antony. Olise can easily burst through multiple defenders, whereas Antony can't do that at all. Plus he cuts inside a lot like a typical winger.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He's a good player but I question his end-product. I don't see him even being close to double figures for goals. I think mid-table, cusp of Europe is his level.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Have you seen Olise? He's pretty quick, at the very least a lot quicker than Antony. Olise can easily burst through multiple defenders, whereas Antony can't do that at all. Plus he cuts inside a lot like a typical winger.
I’m really not sure that is true, but I think Olise is a great shout and a very good option to Antony.

Status
Not open for further replies.