Pep: “I’d like more fans to come Saturday”

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
They were as much favourites for the CL as they are now. That’s my point. It’s a lot of 4/1 and 7/2 before a ball is kicked. It’s neither here nor there between the top sides.
I don't remember anyone saying City were favorites (don't remember any PL club as favorites), it was all about Spanish clubs + Bayern. All PL clubs were seen as underachievers and general excuse was Spain, Germany have 10/10 teams, whereas PL has lot of 8/10 teams and lack 10/10 teams.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
Every manager spends shit loads of money, obviously in that list one should be ahead of others. Usually managers of rich clubs. How much have we spent in last 3 seasons, or since SAF retired?

They spent money and they got awesome returns. Others spent but they don't have much to show.

Since Pep became City manager, they have spent 950 million, Chelsea spent 912 million, ManUtd - 832 million. Not big difference in the spending. Only club that didn't spend big was Liverpool who spent around 500 million.
That's £118 million pounds! That's more than nearly every club's seasons transfer budget in the prem.

And just to compare Pep and Pellegrini, Pep just broken the record for a British player, which is also the prem's biggest ever purchase, and hasn't he also broken the record for the most expensive full back in the past? I think it's safe to say he's been backed more than Pellegrini

Pickle85

Every manager spends shit loads of money, obviously in that list one should be ahead of others. Usually managers of rich clubs. How much have we spent in last 3 seasons, or since SAF retired?

They spent money and they got awesome returns. Others spent but they don't have much to show.

Since Pep became City manager, they have spent 950 million, Chelsea spent 912 million, ManUtd - 832 million. Not big difference in the spending. Only club that didn't spend big was Liverpool who spent around 500 million.
Yes but that's also ignoring that he inherited a squad that had had 400 million spent on it in the three years previously. City are on a different planet when it comes to spending, that's unarguable. They must have spent around a quarter of a billion on fullbacks alone ffs.

roonster09

Scout
Yes but that's also ignoring that he inherited a squad that had had 400 million spent on it in the three years previously. City are on a different planet when it comes to spending, that's unarguable. They must have spent around a quarter of a billion on fullbacks alone ffs.
Yeah Pellegrini also inherited the squad with good money spent to build and players like Aguero, Silva, Yaya, Kompany, Zaba at their peaks. There is lot of context for those numbers.

Pickle85

Yeah Pellegrini also inherited the squad with good money spent to build and players like Aguero, Silva, Yaya, Kompany, Zaba at their peaks. There is lot of context for those numbers.
Agreed, so Pep inherited a squad that had already been strengthened significantly and then still went on to spend nearly a billion pounds. It's no huge surprise they've dominated the prem (though the football they've played doing so has been impressive). Still not won the CL mind.

roonster09

Scout
Agreed, so Pep inherited a squad that had already been strengthened significantly and then still went on to spend nearly a billion pounds. It's no huge surprise they've dominated the prem (though the football they've played doing so has been impressive). Still not won the CL mind.
Yeah, just like any other club City also spent money. They got awesome returns for the money they spent. Every manager at big clubs spends lot of money, obviously few bit more than others. Not sure if anyone argued that Pep achieved that with all academy products. Pep's system means they elevate players to better level (at least most of them) that's why their squad looks better.

Pickle85

Yeah, just like any other club City also spent money. They got awesome returns for the money they spent. Every manager at big clubs spends lot of money, obviously few bit more than others. Not sure if anyone argued that Pep achieved that with all academy products. Pep's system means they elevate players to better level (at least most of them) that's why their squad looks better.
Again, this is what I take issue with. As we've discussed they don't spend money just like any other club. They're state funded and spend money in a way that only PSG can realistically match. Saying 'they spend money just like any other club' doesn't make it true. And again, the reason that they're squad looks better is because they've spent a billion quid on it. Not because anything pep touches turns to gold.

roonster09

Scout
Again, this is what I take issue with. As we've discussed they don't spend money just like any other club. They're state funded and spend money in a way that only PSG can realistically match. Saying 'they spend money just like any other club' doesn't make it true. And again, the reason that they're squad looks better is because they've spent a billion quid on it. Not because anything pep touches turns to gold.
I have already given you the numbers, to show Chelsea, Manutd spent as much money and then you can add Barca, Juventus also.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I have already given you the numbers, to show Chelsea, Manutd spent as much money and then you can add Barca, Juventus also.
It feels quite awkward asking a guy like yourself who has 30,000 posts on a United forum, but I'm just checking, you DO understand there's a big difference between City and United, and their emergence at the top right?

Pickle85

But they didn't, did they. The numbers you sent showed they spent less money. And that's without factoring in the other 400m that Pellegrini plowed in before. Whichever way you slice it, Guardiola has spent absurd money there. If you spend money like that you expect a world class squad, which they have. This obsession of yours to attribute the quality of the most expensively assembled squad in the history of football to one mad is bizarre.

roonster09

Scout
It feels quite awkward asking a guy like yourself who has 30,000 posts on a United forum, but I'm just checking, you DO understand there's a big difference between City and United, and their emergence at the top right?
It's equally awkward asking a guy who has 40,000 posts, do you understand the topic in discussion? It's nothing to do with historical vs oil clubs, we have other threads for that.

roonster09

Scout
But they didn't, did they. The numbers you sent showed they spent less money. And that's without factoring in the other 400m that Pellegrini plowed in before. Whichever way you slice it, Guardiola has spent absurd money there. If you spend money like that you expect a world class squad, which they have. This obsession of yours to attribute the quality of the most expensively assembled squad in the history of football to one mad is bizarre.
When Pellegrini spent 400 million, do you think ManUtd, Chelsea were signing scrubs on free transfer?

The obsession of yours to play down what Pep brings to the team is bizarre.

Fluctuation0161

City weren’t a squad of nearly men before Pep, they’d won the league multiple times before. Pep took the core of those title winning squads and spent a billion on it. And won more league titles.
Exactly this. It is so obvious. Some people have short memories.

Pickle85

When Pellegrini spent 400 million, do you think ManUtd, Chelsea were signing scrubs on free transfer?

The obsession of yours to play down what Pep brings to the team is bizarre.
I've always said he's a great coach but you seem intent on painting him as some sort of managerial superhero whilst ignoring the context in which he's achieved and also failed to achieve what he has.

Fluctuation0161

He inherited a better squad and title winners then spent more than any other club. Breaking Premiership spending records in the process. . FFS why are some of these posts so dense.

roonster09

Scout
I've always said he's a great coach but you seem intent on painting him as some sort of managerial superhero whilst ignoring the context in which he's achieved and also failed to achieve what he has.
He is a genius, not sure why you are so butthurt when best manager in the world is called as genius. Like I said, even Klopp is a genius, same with Tuchel.

Fluctuation0161

That's £118 million pounds! That's more than nearly every club's seasons transfer budget in the prem.

And just to compare Pep and Pellegrini, Pep just broken the record for a British player, which is also the prem's biggest ever purchase, and hasn't he also broken the record for the most expensive full back in the past? I think it's safe to say he's been backed more than Pellegrini
He has also broken the record for total amount spent in one window.

But it is all part of his genius. :lol:

roonster09

Scout
He inherited a better squad and title winners then spent more than any other club. Breaking Premiership spending records in the process. . FFS why are some of these posts so dense.
Bore off, repeating the same nonsene. Use your brain if you have one, otherwise just move on. Looks like low quality troll poster.

Pickle85

He is a genius, not sure why you are so butthurt when best manager in the world is called as genius. Like I said, even Klopp is a genius, same with Tuchel.
I think your measure of a 'genius' and mine are rather different.

Fluctuation0161

Bore off, repeating the same nonsene. Use your brain if you have one, otherwise just move on. Looks like low quality troll poster.
The same extremely strong and logical arguments, yes. If you weren't so dense they would sink in.

Think you need to do some research on transfer history. Try transfermarkt. Do some real learning.

roonster09

Scout
The same extremely strong and logical arguments, yes. If you weren't so dense they would sink in.

Think you need to do some research on transfer history. Try transfermarkt. Do some real learning.
I can and make you look like an idiot but I don't have to do all that, when you are proving that with every post. Go and check how much each club have spent since SAF retired, the time when we had title winning squad.

If it's too much, take help.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's equally awkward asking a guy who has 40,000 posts, do you understand the topic in discussion? It's nothing to do with historical vs oil clubs, we have other threads for that.
You're trying to compare the spending between the two, without understanding any of the context.

Pep picked up a squad with Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero, Silva, Kompany and maybe others I'm missing.

THEN he booted spending that we've only now come to match, after years of different regimes.

roonster09

Scout
It's a guy who uses the word "butthurt".
I think that says it all :lol:
Says what? I mean you are one more guy who didn't know what the argument was and started making rubbish posts and this one.

You're trying to compare the spending between the two, without understanding any of the context.

Pep picked up a squad with Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero, Silva, Kompany and maybe others I'm missing.

THEN he booted spending that we've only now come to match, after years of different regimes.
And other teams started from 0 isn't it. Why don't you see how much each club spent since SAF retired?

Also no one argued they didn't spend money, it's a simple, they spent bit more than others and they have something to show for it. Maybe too complicated for you. Every club spent shit loads of money, one club has lot of show for it and others are in endless loop of being shit/trophyless.

nainaisson

I don't understand why anyone would call a guy who manages how 11 grown men chase a ball around for 90 minutes a "genius". I'd reserve that word for people who have actually accomplished something important.

Fluctuation0161

I can and make you look like an idiot but I don't have to do all that, when you are proving that with every post. Go and check how much each club have spent since SAF retired, the time when we had title winning squad.

If it's too much, take help.
We are talking about Pep. Not frequent changes in manager and philosophy at United. Again you're desperately trying to change the discussion, but missing the point on this topic. Maybe this is why you are getting replies which you find repetitive.

Pep inherited title winners and the core of his best players. He the outspent every other club. If Mancini had taken over at the same time and done that he would've likely won the same honours. Probably the CL too.

But yeah, it is Peps pure genius which has won titles for City. If you are blinkered.

roonster09

Scout
We are talking about Pep. Not frequent changes in manager and philosophy at United. Again you're desperately trying to change the discussion, but missing the point on this topic. Maybe this is why you are getting replies which you find repetitive.

Pep inherited title winners and the core of his best players. He the outspent every other club. If Mancini had taken over at the same time and done that he would've likely won the same honours. Probably the CL too.

But yeah, it is Peps pure genius which has won titles for City. If you are blinkered.
I'm changing discussion? The discussion you were not even part of and then picked up some post randomly from in-between the conversation?

One more clueless post and now Mancini is in the mix. Now hypothetical scenarios too, what a waste of time.