Pep: “I’d like more fans to come Saturday”

GazTheLegend

I don't understand why anyone would call a guy who manages how 11 grown men chase a ball around for 90 minutes a "genius". I'd reserve that word for people who have actually accomplished something important.
Every field has their top 0.1%. And there's the top 0.1% of the top 0.1%. I'd still call a person at that level of ANYTHING a genius, even if only reserved to their limited sphere of influence. As per the dictionary definition of genius (an exceptionally intelligent person or one with exceptional skill in a particular area of activity. ) I don't think anyone could deny that Guardiola has exceptional skill in that particular area of his activity, the same way you'd define Alex Ferguson.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
City's squad is considered very strong because of Pep. Most players play their best football under Pep which inturn makes their squad look better than they are.

I don't know how much Pellegrini spent, but he spent shit loads of money. He spent around 400 million euros in 3 seasons and that was before market was broke.

Why did I bring CL in this conversation? :lol: How can I not when you said Conte who is shit in CL and goes out in GS more often that not is comparable to Pep who made CL finals and always reach KO rounds of CL.

Conte is a downgrade from Pep in league or cups. And City will have better options than Conte considering the Pep years they had for last 6 years.
:lol:.So that's why I said all pep did was domestic dominance and conte did with lesser teams with less money.

And you bring pep s cl pedigree and conte s cl record and I looked into pep s cl record with city after spending 900 mn with already had kdb sterling Aguero and grand zero exactly what conte did.

I think spending more than 600 mn over conte exactly made him great is that right.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
:lol:.So that's why I said all pep did was domestic dominance and conte did with lesser teams with less money.

And you bring pep s cl pedigree and conte s cl record and I looked into pep s cl record with city after spending 900 mn with already had kdb sterling Aguero and grand zero exactly what conte did.

I think spending more than 600 mn over conte exactly made him great is that right.
Yeah hire a manager who has shit CL record, for a club that is desperate to win CL. A manager who can't even qualify from group stages :lol:

You said Conte is improvement on Pep too, when he is inferior at everything except fighting with board.

No, that's now what makes him great. His team playing dominating game every single game and winning league consistently makes him great. Playing brilliant football helps too.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah hire a manager who has shit CL record, for a club that is desperate to win CL. A manager who can't even qualify from group stages :lol:

You said Conte is improvement on Pep too, when he is inferior at everything except fighting with board.

No, that's now what makes him great. His team playing dominating game every single game and winning league consistently makes him great. Playing brilliant football helps too.
At least conte not winding up fans unlike pep. All Conte asked was better for teams. But spending 1 bn city money and winding up their fans . That's classy then. :lol:

Conte not managed that kind of team yet. He will win and qualify for cl knockout round every time after spending billions. That's what pep did and what I said.

Bearded One

At least conte not winding up fans unlike pep. All Conte asked was better for teams. But spending 1 bn city money and winding up their fans . That's classy then. :lol:

Conte not managed that kind of team yet. He will win and qualify for cl knockout round every time after spending billions. That's what pep did and what I said.
The notion that Conte will do well if he spends more money is just an assumption and nothing more. If Lampard had the ability to see the future,he’d stick to his lower budget team of the season before he got hooked. Most caftards hailed Poch as the master of low budgets who will take the world by storm if he had a free spending boss (including me) but now we can all see more clearly.

roonster09

Scout

Weird post, you should put that on twitter then you can get replies like "at least Pep doesn't wear a wig". Could be good banter.

roonster09

Scout
The notion that Conte will do well if he spends more money is just an assumption and nothing more. If Lampard had the ability to see the future,he’d stick to his lower budget team of the season before he got hooked. Most caftards hailed Poch as the master of low budgets who will take the world by storm if he had a free spending boss (including me) but now we can all see more clearly.
Also it's not like Conte was on shoe string budget, he spent loads of money every season.

tenpoless

He's one of the best. It should be a privilege to watch his team playing. But since it's City people cannot be bothered. Kinda put a dirt on his name. A shame that he spent so many years managing a club that people don't care about, regardless of the trophies he's won with them. And when pep actually tried to help by asking more fans to join and watch the game live, he gets attacked. Idiot city fans. They are never grateful. Sugar daddy money, top top manager, top top players and they're always unhappy about petty little things. Can't stand them.

roonster09

Scout
He's one of the best. It should be a privilege to watch his team playing. But since it's City people cannot be bothered. Kinda put a dirt on his name. A shame that he spent so many years managing a club that people don't care about, regardless of the trophies he's won with them. And when pep actually tried to help by asking more fans to join and watch the game live, he gets attacked. Idiot city fans. They are never grateful. Sugar daddy money, top top manager, top top players and they're always unhappy about petty little things. Can't stand them.
Yeah, hopefully he fecks off to Barca or some other league.

Guy Incognito

It should, but it's so meaningless when you think how much he's spent assembling that squad. He rotates, still moans even when they beat teams 5-0.

Counterfactual

It should, but it's so meaningless when you think how much he's spent assembling that squad. He rotates, still moans even when they beat teams 5-0.
Is this the first time he hasn't got a shiny toy he really wanted? He seems like that Harry Potter kid Dudley who didn't get enough toys at Christmas. All pouts and no smiles.

Happy New Year!

Last edited:

Bearded One

I can’t stand their fans too. Lucky to win the lottery, lucky to get a manager like Pep.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
I knew Conte better because he managed us. He is good tactically not saying he is better than pep but I think he can make city better.

Why you not look into pep s European record with city. With resources and spending pep had I don't think that was glorious record to beat with Conte.

City also gaining Haaland signing with Conte, with pep city can't go near raiola but Conte and Haaland very well made for each other. I think Haaland up top with that city s attack and creativity and add Conte s pragmatism that's one hell of a combo.

It's not about his Chelsea s association once upon a time but accepting the ability of great coach like Conte.
You realize Conte crashed Juventus (crashed to Galatasaray) and Inter Milan(Mochengladbach and Donetsk)out of the CL group stages? Immediately Conte left Juventus made 2 finals in 4 yrs

Conte is a great league coach but a horrible continental coach

GazTheLegend

Certain figures in the media are so insanely pro city (or bought off) sometimes I get wound up. Chris Bevan on the BBC said "City's Premier League crowds have not fallen below 51,000 since they expanded Etihad Stadium in 2015" which is so obviously and easily demonstrably false - as per the BBC's own freedom of information request in this article here which suggests city's REAL average attendance is about 45,000 https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45158878

In other words, total bullshit to suggest that city consistently fill out premier League games. They don't.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Certain figures in the media are so insanely pro city (or bought off) sometimes I get wound up. Chris Bevan on the BBC said "City's Premier League crowds have not fallen below 51,000 since they expanded Etihad Stadium in 2015" which is so obviously and easily demonstrably false - as per the BBC's own freedom of information request in this article here which suggests city's REAL average attendance is about 45,000 https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45158878

In other words, total bullshit to suggest that city consistently fill out premier League games. They don't.
City fabricating numbers and stats!?? I am shocked to my very core!

Fluctuation0161

Playing "brilliant football" is subjective, personally I find possession for the sake of it and Peps style with tactical fouls breaking up opposition counter attacks boring. No doubt it is effective, only if he has the best players though. But I prefer fast paced counter attacks.

Again, dominating possession does not mean a game is dominated. LvG should've taught us that.

I think that, given the same squad, Mancini would've won the same number of titles as Pep at City and maybe won the CL too. The player quality advantage Pep has had was so great. Again, not saying he is not a good manager, but you fawning over him is maybe just your personal preference.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Pep Guardiola is like the trophy wife for these city owners. Next thing you know, they are going to hire 50k people from Bangladesh, put them in City jerseys and bus them to games twice a week to keep him happy.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I wonder who bought the 25,000 odd seats they didn’t sell over the last few games if they are declaring sell outs?

Probably the same people who pay the “extra” salaries!

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Am I wrong in saying their tickets away to PSG are on general sale? As in, anyone could buy them?

Unbelievable.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
That's Pep basically telling his fans "turn up or I kill one game every week". :lol: