Pep: “I’d like more fans to come Saturday”

Tony247

"you asked us to get off our collective arses and come here to watch THIS!"

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Midway through the 2nd half, amidst the tepid, disinterested atmosphere, they let out a particularly weak rendition of their "the city is ours" chant. I'm sure they don't really believe that.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
These jokers are still sulking from hearing the crowd at Old Trafford roar for Ronaldo 4 miles away

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Midway through the 2nd half, amidst the tepid, disinterested atmosphere, they let out a particularly weak rendition of their "the city is ours" chant. I'm sure they don't really believe that.
Well when you consider that some of them believe that United aren't a Manchester club, City would then be the only team in the city.

U99ted

There's plenty of City fans. Yes they are much smaller club than United but this whole thing of pretending City have no fans is odd.
I wouldn't call it odd, when their own manager bemoans the poor attendance and it didn't look full today, whatever BBC claim.

Djemba-Djemba

Do you live in Manchester?

There's plenty of City fans. Yes they are much smaller club than United but this whole thing of pretending City have no fans is odd.
Yes I am from Manchester.

Loads and loads of their fans come from Stockport. Plus I'm having a laugh Buzz Killington.

How is it odd ? City's own manager just had a go at their fans for not going to the stadium. They have a very small fanbase.

Emptyhad has been a joke for years

I wouldn't call it odd, when their own manager bemoans the poor attendance and it didn't look full today, whatever BBC claim.
Look, they're the small club of the City, in the shadow of the monsterously big United. They're doing well if they pull in 35-40k to their 55k stadium. That's still more than most clubs get.

When there's plenty of legitimate stuff to mock and attack City for, I don't get the obsession.

Simbo

Gotta love a serious debate as to whether city fans actually exist.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Think the situation is a bit like the Saudi's wanting to take Newcastle over. Yes you might be able to finance the team to win trophies, but it will not mean a substantial increase in fanbase. They will obviously get a number of extra fans, but not the numbers they would expect to no longer need to pump more and more money into the clubs themselves.

U99ted

Look, they're the small club of the City, in the shadow of the monsterously big United. They're doing well if they pull in 35-40k to their 55k stadium. That's still more than most clubs get.

When there's plenty of legitimate stuff to mock and attack City for, I don't get the obsession.
When they try so hard to be a big club, in a way "most clubs" don't do, this is a perfectly legitimate thing to mock them for.

meamth

They are learning the hard way..

Romanticism of winning something is very important to attract outsiders like us.

City is the proof to the world that you can't buy fans with all that money. No matter how many trophies you've won.

Djemba-Djemba

They don't have many fans aged between about 15 and 40.

They have a decent amount of old blokes as fans and young kids brought up on seeing City as a successful club rather than the historical joke they were.

In the future it may be different, but as for right now they just don't have many fans.

Judas

Open to offers
To be honest people are living in denial if they think if City continue winning like they do, tediously machine like, they won’t end up be having a lot of fans….eventually. It’s a decade away though.

meamth

To be honest people are living in denial if they think if City continue winning like they do, tediously machine like, they won’t end up be having a lot of fans….eventually. It’s a decade away though.
They won't.

Like spilled oil in the ocean, you can't get rid of it whatever you do. It's there for the rest of eternity.
City is an instant noodle club! It's good, but it doesn't make you full or fulfilled for the real thing.

Success can't be bought like that, people want to dream, United made people dream.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Am I wrong in saying their tickets away to PSG are on general sale? As in, anyone could buy them?

Unbelievable.
Nothing beats Chelsea staff at Waterloo station offering UCL tickets on match day

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I suspect within the next decade as the climate gets more extreme the fact they’re owned by an oil state will be a bit of a PR disaster.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Obsession? How long have you been a Utd fan? City are defined by Utd. Even when they have had unprecedented success with the greatest coach that ever lived and will have ever lived their message boards are full of Utd posts. They started the massive club claim, they can’t even bring themselves to call us by name;instead we’re ‘rags’ or ‘Munich’s’. Obsessed? I’ll wager it’s not us

Reddevildans

With that aguero last minute goal now over 10 years ago and the success they've had in the past 10 years you'd expect a new and substantial wave of supporters entering thier fanbase. Sure they would have made some new fans but I'm not seeing the large influx yet. Maybe it'll take a ucl win. They've gotten away with a lot with the financial help they've received and doping involved.

Kylar Stern

Do you live in Manchester?

I live about 10 miles outside the City Centre, but go in most weeks as well as much of the immediate surrounding areas for work and to see friends.

You do see City fans about, its mainly men aged 50+, families wearing City tops together in parks, or very young children playing in the street - 8/9 year olds.

They are vastly outnumbered by the number of United shirts that you see, and the demographic of United fans you see covers pretty much all ages and backgrounds.

Go in the Trafford Centre shopping for example and you’ll see 10+ United shirts being worn for every City shirt. You actually see more people wearing Liverpool shirts most of the time.

Its become even more dramatic recently as you see an unbelievable number of Ronaldo shirts pretty much everywhere, especially on a match day.