Pep - Doping (?) | Are PEDs being used by footballers

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Farah has been connected to some extremely shady characters as well, like that Salazar fellow. Tons of smoke there.

The best ever times for the 100 metre sprint is basically a list of proven dopers. If you take out the times set by proven dopers there's not much left, and even then there's a fair few of the names that are highly suspected to have doped. Nothing on Bolt, though. Squeaky clean despite being so much better than everyone. He's a whole tenth of a second better than even the best of the dopers, which is a massive margin in sprinting.
Someone said it earlier, but Bolt getting caught would have absolutely ruin sprinting once and for all.

It's interesting looking back at the all time records in different running events

This is an article from 2012, but the women's records are still pretty much in place apart from the 10k which was bettered in 2016

Wang Junxia, Flo Jo, all obviously massively aided, despite never failing tests

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/o...athletics-scarred-reign-chemical-sisters.html

No idea what year the article is from and whether his claims still hold in 2019, but I've read various interviews with this guy, who of course also served as a federal witness in various very high profile cases, and his claims always made sense to me...

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/09...-athletes-but-pretty-much-everyone-else-does/
Hernández says a major problem for testers is the ever-increasing number of drugs coming on to the market. ‘You have got to understand that as the pharmaceutical industry grows year by year, new drugs [with performance-enhancing qualities] come to the public or into the research environment. What happens is the testers don’t catch up until later on. There is always a gap. Some of the athletes are cheating now; they are taking advantage of an opportunity that lasts a year, maybe a year and a half, before the testing authorities have any idea what is happening. They are abusing those drugs.’
I will always believe this is what happened with Leicester in 2016.

ChaddyP

Im Not going to lie, cities midfield looked like they could have ran for another game. They were everywhere, especially B Silva :eek:

Mick321

I've no idea if they are or aren't but if they are cooking the books to dodge Uefa rules you do have to wonder what else they get up to.

They really are a horrible club regardless, I feel sick having to root for these but at least their success is hollow.

Trizy

Im Not going to lie, cities midfield looked like they could have ran for another game. They were everywhere, especially B Silva :eek:
B.Silva has a child's body.. not a fecking hope he's built for that athleticism. Herrera is probably our runner and not a hope he could put in a performance like that.

padr81

Supports
Man City
B.Silva has a child's body.. not a fecking hope he's built for that athleticism. Herrera is probably our runner and not a hope he could put in a performance like that.
Pep actually said something on this about Sterling after the world cup, when people thought it was too early for him to play and he'd need rest.

“His mum and dad gave him a special body shape. He's small, tiny, so these kind of guys in one week are ready. He was good in training. We needed that guy in that position, and he did it well except the last 25 minutes when he was very tired.”

This might explain why we press so much and have a midfield of midgets. In Pep's eyes these type of players need less recovery, get less tired etc... It's interesting given I suppose for the most part we are probably the lightest team in the league, even our first choice CB's Stones and Laporte are very thin in comparison to their height and others in their position.

I'd actually love to see an article on combined weight of the average starting XI's in the premier league now.

ChaddyP

I thought exactly the same thing. They out ran a fresh Liverpool midfield. Even the fans were outperforming

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Pep wins El Dopico, two super fit teams playing with great intensity, nothing to see here.....:wenger:

0le

There is without a doubt some element of doping in football. I would imagine a lot is ethically questionable but also legal whilst the remainder is illegal but very difficult to detect. I think the problem is that no one in football is willing to "blow the whistle" because the money involved is huge, e.g. that Spanish trial where the blood of players was just "lost". There is some irony that in football, the outrage of oppressive states taking over football clubs has taken much of the media limelight, which has thus "saved" football to some extent from journalism based investigations into doping in the sport.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
*in Guardiola's voice*

Express yourself

Klopp says no to drugs, and takes a stand
But after the game, he goes looking for the "Dopeman"
Maybe they'll ban my club from the league, yo
Hear UAE and they say, "Hell no!"
But you know it ain't about oil wealth
As long as you make a note to - Express yourself!

AP88

Supports
Man City
Rather than £250k to Scudamore, each PL team should instead annually pledge such a sum to subsidise some serious anti-doping in the league.

Every game should see at least 3 players blood and urine tested - it’s glaringly obvious to the eye that non-athletes have suddenly become machines, some in their 30s, when coached by a proven drugs cheat from a footballing nation with a dubious doping culture.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

If footballers are only tested right before/after a game then no wonder the likes of Cugat and Pep are accused of using dirty methods to speed up recovery after injuries and also while building up fitness in pre season.

Kostur

海尔的老板
They should just rename PED to PEP at this point, disgusting cnut.

Didn't read the article by the way, too few pictures.

Treble

Liverpool run further and make much more sprints than City (1st in the PL last season vs 5th City) but the caf is obsessed with Guardiola. City were 12th in distance covered and 5th in sprints last season. Running more than the opposition is not what makes them better. And it's not like they suffer fewer injuries than the other top teams.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
Liverpool run further and make much more sprints than City (1st in the PL last season vs 5th City) but the caf is obsessed with Guardiola. City were 12th in distance covered and 5th in sprints last season. Running more than the opposition is not what makes them better. And it's not like they suffer fewer injuries than the other top teams.
Yeah but Mahrez had an en espresso before the game so it's riot time.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
People were questioning their fitness at the end of last season when other teams were supposedly lagging while City looked fresh as day 1. Maybe that they have two full teams helps though. There's also every time they get an injury and are meant to be out for x weeks but come back way sooner. Think there's more to it than just distance covered.

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal

If footballers are only tested right before/after a game then no wonder the likes of Cugat and Pep are accused of using dirty methods to speed up recovery after injuries and also while building up fitness in pre season.
The doctors didn't know what drugs they'd given him? I think they did. So blatantly outing there.

Is random testing in place for players? I wonder how they get around that? I guess they could just bribe the testers or microdose PEDs or use masking agents

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
There's also every time they get an injury and are meant to be out for x weeks but come back way sooner.
Like when? Last instances I remember they were more or less spot on with the initially projected recovery time.

Steven Seagull

People were questioning their fitness at the end of last season when other teams were supposedly lagging while City looked fresh as day 1. Maybe that they have two full teams helps though. There's also every time they get an injury and are meant to be out for x weeks but come back way sooner. Think there's more to it than just distance covered.
Unfortunately this is quite a big myth and the majority of the injuries are in the correct timescale. If there’s misinformation it’s from the media guessing X player will be out for 6 months without having a proper diagnosis.

They always say De Bruyne will miss 5 months with an MCL strain when for most athletes it would be 2-3 months for example

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
There's a giant picture of Pep covering the whole building across from my office and I'm sick of him staring at me with his cokey eyes

tony54

It wouldn't surprise me if too many footballers are doping. There needs to be regular testing.

Treble

This thing with the injuries is a nothing point really. If they use illegal means to recover players, they wouldn't be so stupid to expose themselves by giving too conservative dates for their return. If the have to hide something, they would shorten their estimates to avoid suspicion.

It's really simple. If they use illegal substances then it will show itself in their stats about running and injuries. On both counts they fare worse than Liverpool and other teams in the league. Liverpool's main players played much more minutes than their City counterparts last season and were virtually indestructible whereas only Sterling avoided injuries from the City players.

Guapa

In my opinion PEP’s teams are definitely on something.They alway look super human.Its definitely not natural.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

I'm guessing its some kind of fertility drug like clomiphene citrate, if he and his partner were having trouble conceiving. There are NFL players who get busted for it every year mostly when trying for a kid in the summer. It gives a minor boost in testosterone but the effect is short lived.

TheLittleOne

Why Noone ever mentions the possibility of that the guys who are making these tests could be corrupt themselves? By far the most popular sport with the most money involved.... Of course there is PED abuse.

ArjenIsM3

Wait what ? That's basically admitting he took a banned substance.
Except they aren't. They're saying he took some drugs when he was ill but the club doctors don't know what he took exactly. So the drug could contain a banned substance yes, but they don't know for sure.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Wait what ? That's basically admitting he took a banned substance.
It's saying it's unclear what the exact contents or formula of that medicine was, or they could not even determine what the medicine was supposed to be. Maybe he was on vacation in Algeria and took something against a cold there, anything is possible with the absolute minimum of information that's available right now. Athletes in other sports have been banned for stuff that they inadvertently took via their toothpaste, it's not strange to be really cautious about these things.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Except they aren't. They're saying he took some drugs when he was ill but the club doctors don't know what he took exactly. So the drug could contain a banned substance yes, but they don't know for sure.
That makes no sense when you think about it, this "extra precaution" is very suspicious to me.

kps88

This really isn't that big a deal. If he was taking something knowingly illegal or advantageous, it wouldn't be something that would show up in a drug test and Pep wouldn't have made it public.

More a case of Mahrez being stupid.

ArjenIsM3

That makes no sense when you think about it, this "extra precaution" is very suspicious to me.
What exactly doesn't make sense about it? If you were unsure a player took something would you play him? If he did take something he shouldn't have the fallout would be ten times as big if he played the match than if he was sitting in the stands.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Sounds like Mahrez took something before he returned to the club, possibly to cure his hangover and City didn't know what so left him out. Either way the player should be a bit more intelligent and check with club doctors.