Pep - Doping (?) | Are PEDs being used by footballers

JoaquinJoaquin

Italian clubs in the mid to late '90s used a combination of legal substances as performance enhancers, question is: was that doping? Doping may be not but fraud for sure, we non professional people do not assume legal anti-ashtma or thyroid regulators substances without a clear medical need... athletes from all sports today just declare they have a medical need and get the go ahead... again, illegal doping maybe not but legal fraud?
Doping, whether legal or not is still doping though? Plus what Pep got banned for was Nandrolone, not fecking Ibuprofen. Also why should Pep be allowed to have his teams Dope if others don't get that option?

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Not a bad Twitter thread. I personally found the one that Avril Lavigne died several years ago and has since been replaced by a body double somewhat more convincing, but a good read nevertheless.

Dobbs

Could this Adam Joseph guy get sued for libel? He's going very hard in on a narrative which he has no evidence for.
He's just stating facts isn't he? Can only be done for libel if it's a lie.

Paul_Scholes18

Interesting! I didn't know about Pep's past and the speculation or rumours surrounding the use of performance enhancing drugs.

Oddly enough I had thought the same about another PL team last season.
Leicester? Vardy must be taking stuff although might not be things that help him ;).

Classical Mechanic

And why are you so worried if I say that guy doesn' look credible to me? Goes against your narrative or what?

Maybe if tomorrow someone starts a thread here saying something about Premier League teams being doped that's why there are 5 on the knockout stages maybe you will find it funny no?

And please a guy from the USA with this quote "Unfortunately, in European Sports where doping is rife these things are largely ignored." Of course the guy doesn't follow much American sports, does he?

Only a correction, he is from Australia, but does support American teams.
Not a bad Twitter thread. I personally found the one that Avril Lavigne died several years ago and has since been replaced by a body double somewhat more convincing, but a good read nevertheless.
This is a good read, please read it all.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2017/04/25/sharapova-guardiola-doping-darkness-and-light-250401/

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I don't care about my narrative. I posted it for discussion as it certainly is a subject that requires attention and this is a discussion forum after all.

Coming out with a flat claim like the bolded is daft if you have no evidence at all to back it up (which you don't). Pep has evidence against him so of course the question marks remain.

If Pep is you're relative I say sorry.
Grow up, do you know me from any place to say something like that?

You say this is a forum like if I didn't know that, and when someone goes against your logic you come with crap arguments like that?

Find your friend from Twitter Sherlock instead of coming up with childish statements like this.

haram

The fact that the Spanish courts destroyed evidence makes me very suspicious of Spanish sport in that era. Don't think City are illegally doping though.

Paul_Scholes18

Good article. Legal drugs that might give an advantage is certainly widespread as we suspect. Some might try to get away with some illegal stuff that works well as long as they don't get caught. Often it is those not even knowing they are cheating that get caught.

Error from staff around them can be as likely as the actual person knowing they are cheating. They have so much people around them dealing with the medical department.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Interesting! I didn't know about Pep's past and the speculation or rumours surrounding the use of performance enhancing drugs.

Oddly enough I had thought the same about another PL team last season.
All public knowledge. But like I said, he wouldn't be the only one. Football is too corrupt to think there's no doping involved.

I find it irritating that all other sports get dragged by Wada et al, but football seems untouchable. Nothing fair about that - either they're all able to do it, or they all get treated the same if they're caught doping. Testing in football should also be improved, but I wouldn't hold my breath thinking that would happen.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
But his report on Pep's past habits is all public knowledge - so is the fact you're team broke anti doping rules 3 times in as many months.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Doping, whether legal or not is still doping though? Plus what Pep got banned for was Nandrolone, not fecking Ibuprofen. Also why should Pep be allowed to have his teams Dope if others don't get that option?
yes that's correct but within a legal framework, doping gets you banned often permanently and retroactively while fraud gets you fined or points deducted for specific cases only, which is night and day from the offender's point of view.

Paul_Scholes18

Points here is Pep using PED might be obvious, but they might not even be illegal. Maybe the doctors have found similar drugs that are still not classified as illegal drugs? Something of that sort is probably very common in all sport.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
The Nandrolone cases will never be well explained, it wasn't only Guardiola at the time, more players in Italy at the time had some problem, like Couto or Stam, the rest regarding suspitions about Barcelona and Segura, ok, but where are the proofs?

And if we talk about doping regarding football, clearly City is not the only one involved in this, strange fact is only coming with this regarding this season, last season they didn't doped I guess?

Don't know, maybe one day something credible will come from this, untill there we are speculating with something posted on a Twitter account, but ok everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I will stay out of this subject, not enough knowledge regarding this matter.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I hope it turns out like the Russian drug scandal that has been a part of all his clubs. A documentary on them like Icarus maybe?

Javi

Not concluding, but if players keep on cheating a lot often they will keep doing it. Has there been anything to suggest that Pep will be against cheating now? No he seem to encourage his players to dive and do other shit so I don't think he have changed at all.

Maybe the legal drugs are the best way to go about things now so they don't need the illegal stuff? I don't know, but otherwise I see no reason why they would change if they are getting away with it.
Have you considered all the negative tests ever since?

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
You would have to be very naive to think that all the top teams do not dope in football

The testing is a joke and one of the worst for the world's most popular sport

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
You would have to be very naive to think that all the top teams do not dope in football

The testing is a joke and one of the worst for the world's most popular sport
This.
http://www.dw.com/en/simon-all-sports-are-prone-to-doping/a-17391410 (All sports are prone to doping - according to German doping expert Perikles Simon) and https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170829090950.htm (Doping in sports: Official tests fail to pick up majority of cases.)

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Yeah it is funny cause I had ashtma and well I think maybe I could have been classified as doping. Not much control though in the lower leagues and I was never any good at running anyway so none would suspect me ;). My asthma is kind of gone now though and I suspect using stuff would give some minor boost.
yeah we had a similarly affected kid in our futsal team while playing the 3rd league at national level and he always had a copy of his medical papers with him in case he was chosen to give urine after a game

Paul_Scholes18

BigTimeCharlie

David Silva is probably on PED's. Wouldn't suprise me, have always said it since Pep took over.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I think it's naive to believe there is no doping in today's professional football, and also naive to think that there are significant differences between the top clubs. Especially in the PL with its notoriously packed schedule.

mav_9me

Are there Barca, Bayern, City players who have been tested positive? Can't remember.

There are huge money and financial interests in football. City's rivals would to everything they could to prove that something is wrong.
The circumstantial case is great but doesn't mean anything.

Agree with bolded part. If there was something going on for real, everybody else would try to prove it. Unless of course everyone else also does it anyway, and its that City do it better.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This is really incriminating. He should be made to forfeit 50 points at whichever club he is managing in the present.

VP

Anyone dismissing doping in football is being seriously deluded. Not sure how big an offender City are relative to others but when you look at their style of football it's easy to see why they could be the biggest culprits.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Pep should be banned forever and City should be fined 10 points for each of the last 5 seasons ;)

diplomat

This could explain how David Silva suddenly turned into Gattuso against us in the derby. And probably why him and Pep are bald now.

Classical Mechanic

I think it's naive to believe there is no doping in today's professional football, and also naive to think that there are significant differences between the top clubs. Especially in the PL with its notoriously packed schedule.
Ahhh the old 'I can't really deny my boy is doing it so I'll incriminate everyone else' defence.

Yet Pep is the only one with a mountain of circumstantial evidence against him. Weird huh.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
It really is incredible how every player, coach and employee of clubs he has managed has kept the secret

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If he's been doing it then I'm sure others have too including us. I seriously doubt that big bad evil and his 'midgets' are the sole dopers in football while Jose, United, Ronaldo etc are the clean angels fighting the good fight.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Ahhh the old 'I can't really deny my boy is doing it so I'll incriminate everyone else' defence.

Yet Pep is the only one with a mountain of circumstantial evidence against him. Weird huh.
The only one :lol:

A few seconds of googling turn up doping-related irregularities with all sorts of top clubs, yes, even those Pep never managed.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-dark-shadows-ahead-real-madrid-a7768061.html

https://www.joe.ie/sport/controvers...es-real-madrid-as-clients-in-court-case-46604

https://www.focus.de/sport/videos/m...ingt-fc-bayern-in-bedraengnis_id_6318221.html

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
This could explain how David Silva suddenly turned into Gattuso against us in the derby. And probably why him and Pep are bald now.
Not very diplomatic :lol:

Why only him and Pep why haven't the rest gone bald too?

Kostur

海尔的老板
Bayern - Pep was the manager there too. Madrid? Easy, Pep was their biggest nemesis. Juventus? Well guess who drew against Juve as a Bayern boss. The plot thickens if you ask me, thank you for that investigation.