'Pep' Guardiola sack watch

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
In this forum, the answer depends
If you are talking about Pep or Zidane, the answer is yes.
If you are talking about Mourinho(CL with Porto) or Ranieri (EPL with Leicester), the answer is no.

Anything to make SAF look better than them all mate!
Ferguson 8/10 for winning with Man utd
Klopp 9/10 for winning with Liverpool and Dortmund
Armin Veh 14/10 for winning with Stuttgart
Felix Magath 15/10 for winning with Wolfsburg
Ranieri 20/10 for winning with relegation candidates Leicester

Should be right

SeeMe

Supports
Porto
So 1 league trophy with Liverpool will be greater than 8 league trophies with Man Utd? Is that how the algorithm work?
Again bro, I do not compare the trophies, I compare the ability on the manager.

SeeMe

Supports
Porto
Man management, which SAF has it 10/10 in my books, not tactics
Different football era different tactics. you can not compare the tactics now to the past, now they have million of new technology to analysis, new coach come out with better tactics, there will be someone who come out another new one to counter it. Again, comparison must be apple to apple.

SeeMe

Supports
Porto
Ferguson 8/10 for winning with Man utd
Klopp 9/10 for winning with Liverpool and Dortmund
Armin Veh 14/10 for winning with Stuttgart
Felix Magath 15/10 for winning with Wolfsburg
Ranieri 20/10 for winning with relegation candidates Leicester

Should be right
You didn't know they called Leicester city title as ''Miracle'' ? They won't say so to Man Utd, Man City or Real Madrid...

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
The Ranieri case is simple, since he's had a long career and we know for a fact that he hasn't been able to win a league title elsewhere.

But it highlights the problem of how to "prove" a manager is good. If you are committed to the idea that a manager isn't, you can always find 'ifs' and 'buts' to their achievements. Little asterisks to put next to them.

The ideal, it would seem, is for a manager to take over a club that hasn't won anything and finishes in terrible league positions. Then the manager is allowed to change half the squad, selected at random, and replace them with free transfers. The manager then has to win the league title multiple times (to prove that it wasn't a one-time fluke), replace the other half of the squad with free transfers, win the league title again, leave the club, and the next manager then has to fail to win anything.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
The ideal, it would seem, is for a manager to take over a club that hasn't won anything and finishes in terrible league positions. Then the manager is allowed to change half the squad, selected at random, and replace them with free transfers. The manager then has to win the league title multiple times (to prove that it wasn't a one-time fluke), replace the other half of the squad with free transfers, win the league title again, leave the club, and the next manager then has to fail to win anything.
Still hasn't done anything in the CL at that point. Fraud.

SeeMe

Supports
Porto
Man management, which SAF has it 10/10 in my books, not tactics
There is no one like SAF in the premium league so far could apply his tactics so well on and off the field, off the field, he played mind games with other teams, managed to influenced referees decision, this is enough for 10/10 in my opinion.

These all might not be a fair tactics but as long as it worked well under SAF era, it was a superb tactics.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If Pep doesn't win the PL or a CL this year after spending 200 million on Grealish and Kane - does anyone think that the City owners may give up a little on Pep this year or possibly Pep leaves on to a different club with a bit of shame in his head? (I can see him possibly going to PSG if Pochettino fails one more year).

Zen86

If Pep doesn't win the PL or a CL this year after spending 200 million on Grealish and Kane - does anyone think that the City owners may give up a little on Pep this year or possibly Pep leaves on to a different club with a bit of shame in his head? (I can see him possibly going to PSG if Pochettino fails one more year).
City won’t get rid, Pep basically is City. He is the City brand. It’s also hard to see Pep leaving the astronomical money he will be getting from them, off the books and on. He would have left already otherwise.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
City won’t get rid, Pep basically is City. He is the City brand. It’s also hard to see Pep leaving the astronomical money he will be getting from them, off the books and on. He would have left already otherwise.
Yeah maybe you are right. Just because he doesn't win a PL in this coming season doesn't mean he won't or can't in the season after. He is probably their bought version of SAF in terms of length, success and success and good players that want the opportunity to play with him and his club.

Zen86

Yeah maybe you are right. Just because he doesn't win a PL in this coming season doesn't mean he won't or can't in the season after. He is probably their bought version of SAF in terms of length, success and success and good players that want the opportunity to play with him and his club.
It’s actually too hard not to win the league. If you outspend your rivals every season and ensure you always have a better squad than everyone else, which they do, then the league becomes a formality more often than not. He can simply continue with his repeated attempts at the CL, which he will surely win eventually if he stays. Their squad is too big and expensive not to.

Guy Incognito

They would be mad to get rid of Pep, City moulded its operations to suit his management style. Everything has been done for him.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
3 losses in a row. Needs to spend another couple of billions and he might win a game.

Relem

Pep will be at city as long as he wants to be there. Unfortunately.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Or maybe he shouldn't rest players for the first game of the season. what is pep thinking? It's the first game. Play your best 11...
That only makes sense to mere mortals, St Pep meanwhile is too clever for us to understand.

Frank Sinatra Fan

Or maybe he shouldn't rest players for the first game of the season. what is pep thinking? It's the first game. Play your best 11...
Tuchel also rested players for Chelsea. Liverpool too. Almost everyone rested players. That is not uncommon to do.

GMoore23

City off to the worst possible start here and are in for hell the next 6 games.

You Love To See It :lol: :lol:

Frank Sinatra Fan

That was pretty much both those teams best 11's. Neither of them left a "de Bruyne" on the bench or stated an "Ake". This was Pep arrogance and nothing more...
Many people didn't even expect De Bruyne to be fit enough to be even on the bench. It was already a bit of a surprise he was still called to the game.

mu4c_20le

Not too likely...

City were rubbish start of last season too then won 20 odd games in a row.
Gundogan had the season of his life, big ask for him to do it again. His shoulders already gone from carrying them all the time.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Not too likely...

I think Chelsea and United are much stronger than last year and Liverpool surely can't be as bad either. Can't afford a start like last time I think.

Robertd0803

Not too likely...

Yeah true. Mainly wishful thinking but always the hope my far out prediction comes through.

I reckon no CL again this season could be it though.

Olecurls99

In this forum, the answer depends
If you are talking about Pep or Zidane, the answer is yes.
If you are talking about Mourinho(CL with Porto) or Ranieri (EPL with Leicester), the answer is no.

Anything to make SAF look better than them all mate!
He didn't need the most money to win the league unlike a certain coach I know

I think somebody got the figures a while back. We were the top spenders at most 3 times during Fergie's reign. 13 league titles doesn't equate my blindfolded friend. I've ran out of messages so have to put it here.

Also Liverpool outspent us over the course of his 27 year spell of domination. Not really the same as Pep's reign of state sponsored terror.

Last edited:

Olecurls99

I said he had no influence in the way the game is played (play style, tactics) which is simply true.
I never said he wasn't a great winner, that will be ridiculous. But being a great winner doesn't make a great or well respected tactician or someone who's influenced the way the game is being played.

So a large part of the football world decided to push the myth against Fergie that he had no tactical influence in the way the game is being played and not never bringing up his name in tactical conversations out of conspiracy against him? Or maybe it's just the truth?
I know it's a United forum, but please let's remain reasonable. He was a great Manager, not a great tactician who influenced the game tactically.
I really hope Fergie didn't influence the game tactically.

I like to think of him as basically the manager of ASDA who got a football job

pav1790

I really hope Fergie didn't influence the game tactically.

I like to think of him as basically the manager of ASDA who got a football job
:lol:

Some folks... I mean honestly, "the way game is played"? What's the point of playing the game competitively if not to win? All the philosophy in the world wouldn't get you a premier league title.

Bielsa, as much as people cream over him, has lost to us 6-2 and 5-1. Is that really good management?

Zen86

I think he’ll walk this season. He’s already stayed past his usual tenure and you can tell the comments on spend, City finances etc are really eating at him. I don’t think City were particularly great last season, his squad depth gave him an ride last year when everyone else was struggling with the fixture list. They’ve still got problems and probably a few more now, if results go south I think he’ll jump ship at the first opportunity.