'Pep' Guardiola sack watch

432JuanMata

Didn't he just destroy Chelsea's 3CBs, 2 FBs and 3 DMs just some days ago?
He’s actually the best against the low block of the last few seasons is too go by. This match was 50/50 and on another day City could of won. They played well it was a good match and not much too read into

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
It was a good game and PSG had good shape when City had the ball with 7 always behind it. City had some awful individual performances but overall were in the game and created plenty. There isn’t much between these sides
What did they create? They had one chance when Sterling and Bernardo hit the bar from 2-3 yards out, but that was it over the 90 mins.

432JuanMata

What did they create? They had one chance when Sterling and Bernardo hit the bar from 2-3 yards out, but that was it over the 90 mins.
Clear cut not so much I meant in the way they kept getting into great positions and screwing it up.
KDB chance, Sterling Chance and in the 1st half Sterling and Bernardo miss plus Diaz header

Brown1950

And so United have not spent lots of money on a vast number of 'B' Players
No point attacking me, you should rather aim your anger at your Pep Guardiola is my idol who seemingly can’t financially dope his way to a Champions League trophy

But hey, keep throwing even more money at the problem and you might get lucky
Not attacking you (your words) just saying you comments were pathetic. Who knows what the future will be 2 champions League on the bounce ?

The Corinthian

Clear cut not so much I meant in the way they kept getting into great positions and screwing it up.
KDB chance, Sterling Chance and in the 1st half Sterling and Bernardo miss plus Diaz header
The Sterling and Bernardo miss I'll give you (as I mentioned them too), but KdB chance? Sterling chance? Diaz header? I wouldn't say these were clear cut chances by any stretch. The KdB chance wasn't even a chance as he didn't touch the ball and Donnarumma got there first.

City had lots of the ball, but they hardly laid a glove on PSG over the course of 90 mins (other than the Sterling - Bernardo moment).

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
The Sterling and Bernardo miss I'll give you (as I mentioned them too), but KdB chance? Sterling chance? Diaz header? I wouldn't say these were clear cut chances by any stretch. The KdB chance wasn't even a chance as he didn't touch the ball and Donnarumma got there first.

City had lots of the ball, but they hardly laid a glove on PSG over the course of 90 mins (other than the Sterling - Bernardo moment).
Donaruma saved a Mahrez freekick, a Mahrez lowshot, from KdB and the Sterling/Bernado chance. Those I can recall

The Corinthian

Donaruma saved a Mahrez freekick, a Mahrez lowshot, from KdB and the Sterling/Bernado chance. Those I can recall
Would you call them a chance? Or a shot on goal? My own understanding of the word chance is a shot or move with a high probability of resulting in a goal.

432JuanMata

I understand what you are saying but PSG had barely any chances either and my point was this game could of went anyway.

FatTails

They would’ve won on another day, but this is the funniest type of loss so I’m happy. That Sterling and Silva miss was comedy.

beer&grill

He should be sacked, but I’m too afraid they’d go after Ole so it’s best if he stays put.

GMoore23

Your mid season break was only 4 days !!
City played Arsenal 22nd Dec then played Newcastle on 26th Dec.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...d-after-covid-19-outbreak-in-guardiolas-squad

They should have played Everton on 28th Dec with just a 2 day break but pulled out on very short notice then had an 8 day break to refresh themselves for Chelsea in the League and United in the LC semis. They went on to win both games easily and never looked back.
After the Everton game's postponement they won an incredible 18 games on the bounce which sealed the title for them. I think the extra rest over the holiday period was the catalyst for this

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
They have played 10 games this season and haven't scored in 4 games.

432JuanMata

They have played 10 games this season and haven't scored in 4 games.
They are a bit indifferent so far they are either scoring 5 or 6 a game or none. See the disappointing thing so far this season is us dropping stupid points if we are to challenge we needed too open a gap while City were dropping points as they tend too go on runs and win 10 in a row

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
They are a bit indifferent so far they are either scoring 5 or 6 a game or none. See the disappointing thing so far this season is us dropping stupid points if we are to challenge we needed too open a gap while City were dropping points as they tend too go on runs and win 10 in a row
Yeah, they create lot of chances every game. They drop points only because of their poor finishing.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
They look poorly coached under Pep - pass pass pass pass and nothing. Totally toothless.
Rubbish. They just made the mistake of not signing a CF. And of course teams that win big titles have dips every now and then.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I suspect the rematch with Jesus and Torres from the start may have finished different. Whenever you see Sterling on the team sheet these days you can expect a City choke.

Pep's Suit

I suspect the rematch with Jesus and Torres from the start may have finished different. Whenever you see Sterling on the team sheet these days you can expect a City choke.
Yes! When Sterling or AKe start you know City will struggle a lot and likely not win.

Dr. StrangeHate

Yeah, they create lot of chances every game. They drop points only because of their poor finishing.
They won the title last year somehow without a striker. Even though they are favorites this year as well; but two years in a row winning the title without a striker will be a big ask. We have at least 5 strikers that would start in their team:
1) Ronaldo
2) Cavani
3) Rashford
4) Greenwood
5) Martial

Pep has really been criminal in not sorting out that area of the pitch.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
They won the title last year somehow without a striker. Even though they are favorites this year as well; but two years in a row winning the title without a striker will be a big ask. We have at least 5 strikers that would start in their team:
1) Ronaldo
2) Cavani
3) Rashford
4) Greenwood
5) Martial

Pep has really been criminal in not sorting out that area of the pitch.
Martial?? Nah not really.

Dr. StrangeHate

Martial?? Nah not really.
I would still have him instead of Jesus. Martial has been exceptionally poor this season but I feel that is more down to he has given up on his time at United rather than being a terrible player.

Zen86

I would still have him instead of Jesus. Martial has been exceptionally poor this season but I feel that is more down to he has given up on his time at United rather than being a terrible player.
Martial not really being a striker is the main problem.

Stringer

It was a bit of a joke tbh, but if Ole had put that our last night and failed to score against a low block he'd have been slaughtered.
It really is shocking how a manager who has won everything in his career and three of the last four league titles gets treated differently, and is given more leeway than a manager who has won zilch.

fergieisold

It really is shocking how a manager who has won everything in his career and three of the last four league titles gets treated differently, and is given more leeway than a manager who has won zilch.
Fair enough, but he's been persistently poor in the Champions League. We already know how the story will go - City (if they get out of the group) will get knocked out by a tactically superior team that stifles their attacking options and exposes their poor defence.

tomaldinho1

I would love to see these lot drop down into the Europa League this season.
It's a shame RBL are so whack now, can't see Brugge and them nicking enough points off City sadly. Would be genuinely hilarious if they did drop out though

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's weird with Feral Torres. Any time he does seem to start he seems to bag, but I don't think he's ever given a full run out to try and make the no.9 spot his.

Offsideagain

A billion pound plus spent and still not won the CL. Guardiola doesn’t seem as animated this season as he has been. They have been lucky against Chelsea with yet another deflected goal and were toothless against PSG. DeBruyne’s tackle was a straight red in CL footy but he got a yellow. Bet he serves a ban before the rematch with PSG. Guardiola is in a good earner at Citeh, £19m a year is rumoured so he won’t walk away yet.