'Pep' Guardiola sack watch

laughtersassassin

I'm very worried he will quit soon. Klopp has the beating of him and it'll mean easy title for Liverpool going forward

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC
Bottler. I mean how the feck does his team bottle an 8 point gap earlier in the season and have now bottled another gap.
If that's the definition of bottling, then Klopp and Liverpool has bottled the title in January and also against Tottenham.
With the grueling schedule of football these days, slip-ups happen.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Under Rijkaard Xavi Iniesta and Messi couldn't do it to Man Utd
That happens. Barca manager and team peaked between 2004-2006 and we were better in 2008 than in previous or later years. And miles better than in 2011.

Xavi, Messi and Iniesta have won a CL without him. He still needs to win without them.

padr81

Supports
Man City
What is the point of putting a injured player on the bench?
He had him on the bench last game too, so he could use him if one of Fernandinho/Laporte get injured (which Laporte did). If he was fully fit Fernandinho doesn't play. The reality is Stones, Dias, Ake and Laporte are all carrying injuries (thats why Laportes leg was strapped today), but one of them has to play to keep some sort of organization on the team. Laporte is the fittest of the four.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Bottler. I mean how the feck does his team bottle an 8 point gap earlier in the season and have now bottled another gap.
Presume you weren’t watching Ferguson’s United in 11/12 season but blowing an 8 point lead with 6 games left could be construed as a bottle job by some?
Oh, and you can still get 8/1 about Liverpool winning the title this year if you’re convinced that City have lost it.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He never lost the lead, Liverpool have closed up by 7 points, City have dropped 11 points total since Halloween, 4 draws and 1 loss, Liverpool have just been that good.

mu4c_20le

Presume you weren’t watching Ferguson’s United in 11/12 season but blowing an 8 point lead with 6 games left could be construed as a bottle job by some?
Oh, and you can still get 8/1 about Liverpool winning the title this year if you’re convinced that City have lost it.
:lol:

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I mean it was a bottle job. Most United fans said it back then as well. We were incredibly unlucky with injuries all season but still that 4-4 and the 0-1 at Etihad was a bottle job (Everton) and being coward (City).

padr81

Supports
Man City
I mean it was a bottle job. Most United fans said it back then as well. We were incredibly unlucky with injuries all season but still that 4-4 and the 0-1 at Etihad was a bottle job (Everton) and being coward (City).
That said season you were 8 points behind City then 8 points ahead, football is a funny game, people are too quick to shout bottle job. This time next week Pep will very likely have another PL in his hands (hope I'm not tempting fate) but if you can't win at home to a bottom half team final day of the season to secure the title you don't deserve it.

Failure to beat Villa next week would be a bottle job, today against a tough West Ham side while 2-0 down at HT, thats as impressive and deserves the same type of celebrations as a 2-2 draw at West Brom.

Dansk

I'm very worried he will quit soon. Klopp has the beating of him and it'll mean easy title for Liverpool going forward
I suspect Pep will go to PSG maybe after next season. He probably misses the easy titles and low level of competition. I wish he'd go take up an actual challenge somewhere so that I can make up my mind whether I think he's actually one of the best, but thus far, he has only ever had the best squad in the league wherever he has been, with the most money and the easiest route to titles. If he could go to Arsenal and elevate them, I'll be impressed. Instead, I suspect he'll go to PSG and leave me in doubt. What all the other great coaches have in common is that they proved they could do it without the best tools in the land available to them. Pep has never been willing to try that.

Sweet Square

Klopp has one league title in Pool. Pep is one home win from winning back to back titles(It will be his 4th PL title if they beat Villa).

This forum is so bizarre atm.

Real Name

Come on guys, you can't call that bottle job. If they lose to Villa, well that will be a bottlejob.

laughtersassassin

Klopp has one league title in Pool. Pep is one home win from winning back to back titles(It will be his 4th PL title if they beat Villa).

This forum is so bizarre atm.
Aye but Klopp does spend less to be fair.

Still spends a good amount but less than City. Has a better success rate with signings as well

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Come on guys, you can't call that bottle job. If they lose to Villa, well that will be a bottlejob.
Yep.

They came back very well to be fair. Should have won as they dominated the game completely. They need to avoid the defensive brain farts. But have to be confident of beating Villa at home.

Real Name

Yep.

They came back very well to be fair. Should have won as they dominated the game completely. They need to avoid the defensive brain farts. But have to be confident of beating Villa at home.
Yeah, as potentially movie scenario it is, or a nightmare (Gerrard beating City thus allowing Liverpool winning it) I really can't see Villa beating Pep at Etihad.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yeah, as potentially movie scenario it is, or a nightmare (Gerrard beating City thus allowing Liverpool winning it) I really can't see Villa beating Pep at Etihad.
Liverpool need that game to be a draw to win it but I'd still overwhelmingly fancy City to win it.

They do keep giving Liverpool life lines. They should have beaten them at home to kill the race. Mahrez should have put the pen away this time. But all in all a home game to win is a very good situation

Irwin99

The bottle job accusation is insane regarding this match. He just fought back from 2-0 down away from home to West ham and the title race is 100% in their hands. If he fecks up in front of the City fans next week then yeah, that would be a massive feck up for which you could blame them.

Today reminded me a bit of our draw against Blackburn in 2008. It was 2 points dropped but the Tevez equaliser ensured the title race remain completely in our hands and meant we could afford a defeat to Chelsea in the next game (which we did, we lost 2-1)

Real Name

Liverpool need that game to be a draw to win it but I'd still overwhelmingly fancy City to win it.

They do keep giving Liverpool life lines. They should have beaten them at home to kill the race. Mahrez should have put the pen away this time. But all in all a home game to win is a very good situation
Ah yes, you're right. Imagine if Liverpool loses on Tuesday. About 0,5 percent possibility of it happening but it would be hilarious.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Ah yes, you're right. Imagine if Liverpool loses on Tuesday. About 0,5 percent possibility of it happening but it would be hilarious.
Even a draw virtually kills off Liverpool's hopes.
They'd have to win their last game, hope City lose theirs and turn around a minus 7 GD to lift the PL.

Sweet Square

Aye but Klopp does spend less to be fair.

Still spends a good amount but less than City. Has a better success rate with signings as well
Fair point. It shouldn’t be this close considering how much of an advantage Pep has over everyone. But even with all of that Pep is currently the most successful manager in the PL and City are huge favourites to win the league.

The guy is annoyingly good at real life football manager.

Sviken

I'm not worried too much about Klopp. He is a better manager than Pep and IMO the best one currently, but he also doesn't have that much resources in Liverpool and soon a rebuilding job has to be done because most of the key players Liverpool has are hitting their 30's. It wouldn't surprise me if a Dortmund 2.0 collapse happens sometimes soon with them. Pep, on the other hand, is close to Klopp's abilities, but he is also in charge of a club with virtually unlimited resources, capable of swapping players at will. The sooner he fecks off to somewhere else, the better.

laughtersassassin

I'm not worried too much about Klopp. He is a better manager than Pep and IMO the best one currently, but he also doesn't have that much resources in Liverpool and soon a rebuilding job has to be done because most of the key players Liverpool has are hitting their 30's. It wouldn't surprise me if a Dortmund 2.0 collapse happens sometimes soon with them. Pep, on the other hand, is close to Klopp's abilities, but he is also in charge of a club with virtually unlimited resources, capable of swapping players at will. The sooner he fecks off to somewhere else, the better.
Liverpool have already managed to replace most of their front 3 without missing a beat.

Real Name

Even a draw virtually kills off Liverpool's hopes.
They'd have to win their last game, hope City lose theirs and turn around a minus 7 GD to lift the PL.
Yeah, City can draw and title is theirs, yours. Really don't know what's the fuss is about.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Its true though, the first final we were better and the ref was awful and we missed opportunities.

2nd Final we were not even on the same pitch.
Well to be fair we started really well and should have scored but they scored against the run of play. Also, let us not forget they were massively lucky to be even playing the final that season.

As for the 2011 final, well they were just class apart.
On reflection, can I just confirm that you guys actually think we were the better team after Eto'o scored?

Flexdegea

Liverpool have already managed to replace most of their front 3 without missing a beat.

The 3 you mentioned are still there, they have hardly replaced them. Frimino don't think a hard job to replace. Be the other 2 be the main issue they will have.

Your post would make sense if Salah mane etc where gone and these replacements where matching their expolits

wr8_utd

:'(
Yeah, City can draw and title is theirs, yours. Really don't know what's the fuss is about.
Liverpool won't drop any more points. City will have to go and get a win, which they really should against a Villa side that has been poor.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
He never lost the lead, Liverpool have closed up by 7 points, City have dropped 11 points total since Halloween, 4 draws and 1 loss, Liverpool have just been that good.
Yup I agree with this.

people are too quick to shout bottle job.
Especially agree with this.

It's the laziest , "low hanging fruit" opinion and it's thrown about constantly.

Liverpool have dropped just 4 points in their past 15 games (City have dropped 11) and 11 in their past 20.

City are playing Fernandinho at CB away vs West Ham, of course it's not going to be plain sailing.

I would also say there will be some dodgy moments Vs Villa next week too due to the injuries. (Liverpool could easily drop points to Southampton due to their injuries/ fatigue too)

But in "Bottling it" world you just have to say "Bottled it", you don't have to see the lineups, or the game, or the stats.

You just say "Bottled it".

*I have a friend that does it constantly, has no idea about form or injuries etc so it's a pet peeve.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yup I agree with this.

Especially agree with this.

It's the laziest , "low hanging fruit" opinion and it's thrown about constantly.

Liverpool have dropped just 4 points in their past 15 games (City have dropped 11) and 11 in their past 20.

City are playing Fernandinho at CB away vs West Ham, of course it's not going to be plain sailing.

I would also say there will be some dodgy moments Vs Villa next week too due to the injuries. (Liverpool could easily drop points to Southampton due to their injuries/ fatigue too)

But in "Bottling it" world you just have to say "Bottled it", you don't have to see the lineups, or the game, or the stats.

You just say "Bottled it".

*I have a friend that does it constantly, has no idea about form or injuries etc so it's a pet peeve.
100%. Basically anyone who doesn't win anything bottles it. I find it funny.
Liverpool won 9 games in a row to end the season when City beat them 98-97 a couple of years ago (City 15 wins in a row I think) and people were saying in May "Klopp bottled the title in January". Its like "Oh manager x of a good team didn't win, must have bottled it".

I know I'm biased but I thought Cities mentality was far from bottlers today. 2nd half and two goals down away at a good side even Jack Grealish played with confidence and aggression.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I know I'm biased but I thought Cities mentality was far from bottlers today. 2nd half and two goals down away at a good side even Jack Grealish played with confidence and aggression.
I agree with you.

Pep has made a rod for his own back due to his outrageous points totals, now fans of opposition clubs call him a bottler if his team draw a game.

If anything I felt that West Ham were the team that "bottled it", they should be winning that game from 2-0 up at half time with your weakend back line.

AshRK

On reflection, can I just confirm that you guys actually think we were the better team after Eto'o scored?
We were hardly battered in the first final as Pep stated or seems to be making. Tactically I thought SAF screwed up a bit. He went toe to toe with Barca and honestly in those situations you need a bit luck going in your favor which we didn't.

I am not going to pretend I remember minute to minute instances of that game but we were decent. Just had to be Tactically smart and finished off our chances and we could have won.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I agree with you.

Pep has made a rod for his own back due to his outrageous points totals, now fans of opposition clubs call him a bottler if his team draw a game.

If anything I felt that West Ham were the team that "bottled it", they should be winning that game from 2-0 up at half time with your weakend back line.
They should be, I didn't see the first half but they looked exhausted 2nd half, like they'd run themselves into the ground. Probably disappointed but I think for a team like West Ham (with all due respect) if we got the first one they were always likely to struggle to hold out given how much chasing and running they had to do.