'Pep' Guardiola sack watch

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
So glad this is finally being talked about. That’s all I am saying. Maybe the CAS verdict won’t be such a bad thing after all .

always_hoping

He's cracking.
Allowing a side win its first league title for 30 years with 7 games to spare is proof of that he cracked big time. Had a lot of respect for Pep when he was Barca manager and player but sadly he's become a pure gobshite from his time at City.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Good grief, he’s having an absolute meltdown!

What must really get to Pep Guardiola is that he knows whatever he wins at City, won’t earn him the respect of his peers, as they know it’s done on the back of corruption and an open cheque book. He is desperate for his club to be seen as elite, but knowing they never will be. He made his bed though, he chose to take Abu Dhabis money.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
About time they set up GoFundMe page so that they can afford few transfers. Poor club is broken.

What a load of horseshit, Pep really is a weird guy.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Good grief, he’s having an absolute meltdown!

What must really get to Pep Guardiola is that he knows whatever he wins at City, won’t earn him the respect of his peers, as they know it’s done on the back of corruption and an open cheque book. He is desperate for his club to be seen as elite, but knowing they never will be. He made his bed though, he chose to take Abu Dhabis money.
To be fair, he won't get respect unless he brings Accrington Stanley up to the PL on a shoestring budget

That said, he's trying too hard. Mad cringe worthy

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
To be fair, he won't get respect unless he brings Accrington Stanley up to the PL on a shoestring budget

That said, he's trying too hard. Mad cringe worthy
Many consider him as the best manager in the world, at least till last season (not most go with Klopp). For any player or manager there will be some unrealistic expectations from minority.

If you mean respect means 100% of football fans respect and praise him, that's never going to happen and will never happen in football for any manager.

Nori-

The Pep comments today about us and Arsenal spending lots in the past to get success as a comparison to City now is fecking mental.

United built a massive commercial brand, bought in a manager and gave him time, had a generation of young stars come through, all self made.

City literally became mega rich over night all through a countries personal budget. Not even comparable

He's absolute scum for what he's said. He's not stupid and knows the difference. So he's chosen to help destroy Football for the gain of his own personal trophy cabinet.

DarkLord

Stay classy Pep. I'm losing my respect for him with his meltdown. I thought he is bigger than this. He's basically offended all the elite clubs with his press conference. How can he actually think that City is not doing anything shady.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Many consider him as the best manager in the world, at least till last season (not most go with Klopp). For any player or manager there will be some unrealistic expectations from minority.

If you mean respect means 100% of football fans respect and praise him, that's never going to happen and will never happen in football for any manager.
Yeah I was just being glib

adz_87

Supports
Man City
Pep is a weirdo and is always over emotional and eccentric in certain situations so I don't think he's having a meltdown here.

I'm clearly in the very small minority of Utd fans who don't have a problem with City's spending. Just because a club hasn't "earnt" their success in the way that ourselves and liverpool have doesn't give us a sense of entitlement that no other club can be successful. It's like saying Aston Villa were one of the founders of the original Football League so It’s not fair for them to be battling relegation - Why not send down Watford instead because they don’t even have a European Cup to their name.

It's a weird attitude for many reasons one being selfish. The implication that a club that already has a succesful history must then keep on retaining trophies is unfair. "We deserve success.” Do we really? It's a strange saying that implies that the maintenance of the status quo, chosen clubs at the top, others always scrapping for points at the bottom is fair for everyone.

Let's be honest this verdict to rival fans was never going to change their opinion on them. They are guilty regardless of the verdict, because thats what we all want to believe as it helps us sleep better at night. Everyone is fine to form an opinion on city's supposed cheating, but if they were to actually provide an explanation how they've come to that conclusion it will most likely sound a little desperate. The truth is nobody knows apart from the people involved so to me unless found guilty, it's difficult to discredit someones success on the pitch regardless of how they come about their wealth in getting there. On a footballing level - I've honestly enjoyed watching them over the last 10 years. They've had great players in Silva, aguero, kompany and the obvious KDB to name a few, always played entertaining football and I've enjoyed the more fierce rivalry between us (especially in the earlier years 4-3 - Owen days) and now it looks like we can get back in the mix with them after being vacant the past few years.

Onto Pep. in fairness to him he has said numerous times that without world class players he would be nothing - yet we all use this as a stick to beat him with. It's clear that he wouldn't be able to play this way with west Brom but does that really discredit him as a manager? I for one would love him at utd and I think that 99% would feel the same, his records speak for itself. City were a class team when he took over but they hit new heights I've personally not seen before in his second year although I still think our 08' team would've give them a run for their money. The thing with pep is he is relentless. Where other managers may ease up on their players, he continues to add pressure to them to perform to the best of their abilities whether they're facing Liverpool or Burton Albion. Squad depth adds increased competition, meaning players who have an off game are most likely dropped the next. Look at Benardo last year - unbelievable performances week in week out but hardly gets a game now.

What we have here is a manager defending his football club because not only does it impact the club itself, it impacts his achievements and the hard work that he and his players have put in day in day out. No football club deserves a trophy in its cabinet any more than another – no matter what went before. Football owes us nothing.

Last edited:

Web of Bissaka

He's not good at handling pressures. Not many managers are.

Not the first time he cracked.

Anyway, majority of football fans rate him as top manager and his teams, but his work at City though will forever be downplayed due to the $$$ and "backdoor".
City is rated highly as it should (neutral point of view) but will never too high because of that.

Pep's Suit

No idea why people here think Pep's cracking. I mean I read that here after every City loss for last four years but this press conference if anything it seems to me he's actually passionate about his job and I fully expect him to sign contract extension now.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
No idea why people here think Pep's cracking. I mean I read that here after every City loss for last four years but this press conference if anything it seems to me he's actually passionate about his job and I fully expect him to sign contract extension now.
This. Pep is going nowhere. In fact he looks more determined than ever to be successful at City.. I expect him to sign an extention to his current contract but may be in the way he did it at Barca - every year he signed one for one more year..

El Zoido

Doesn’t look good when you start ranting about your rivals like this. They’re the most financially doped team in sporting history, football or otherwise, yet he’s acting like they’re operating on a shoestring budget. Spent billions yet finishing the season 30 points behind Liverpool is embarrassing. Most managers would be happy with 1/20th of his transfer budget yet here he is having a moan. He’s such a prick and it’s enjoyable watching him fail, though I doubt he’s on his way out. He won’t get a more cushy job, playing the victim suits both him and Man City so why would he leave. Get paid millions per year to act like everyone is out to get him, how sad for him.

ExecutionerWasp001

The Pep comments today about us and Arsenal spending lots in the past to get success as a comparison to City now is fecking mental.

United built a massive commercial brand, bought in a manager and gave him time, had a generation of young stars come through, all self made.

City literally became mega rich over night all through a countries personal budget. Not even comparable

He's absolute scum for what he's said. He's not stupid and knows the difference. So he's chosen to help destroy Football for the gain of his own personal trophy cabinet.
Excellent post.

If i was SAF i'd be fuming at this. He's been nothing but respecful of Pep, even offering him the chance of succeeding him. Pep turned yellow & ran away. If the slimy Pep Guardiola is my idol did his research he'd know that SAF was the biggest spender in 2 of his 20 PL title winning seasons. Hardly buying the league. On the other hand he's proved he can't win without the biggest budget.

We are too nice as a club. Where are Ed & Ole in all this. Klopp & Jose have called City out. Pep is throwing mud at our club & the games greatest ever manager & we are sat on our hands.

DevilRed

Username checks out. :lol:

Pep's Suit

But again: the ban stands, Pep says something and he's 'cracking'; the ban is overturned, Pep says something and he's 'cracking'. Or... Pep 'knows' his success at City is 'hollow' so his next club according to 95% of RedCafe will be... PSG. Look, for one second I don't believe Pep thinks trophies won with City mean nothing or that he bought them or whatever people say. The day he mentioned 'Fraudiola' I thought he really, really wants to stay long-term at City and that's what I believe will happen now.

Irrational.

Which players played for City before the 2008 takeover who also played in their 2012 PL win?
Joey Barton played in City's 2012 win for QPR, helpfully getting himself sent off so City could go on to win.

I'm sure city legends like Sun Jihai, Darius Vassell, Benjani, Steven Ireland, Danny Mills and Dunne will also be remembered fondly in the annals of City folklore.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Joey Barton played in City's 2012 win for QPR, helpfully getting himself sent off so City could go on to win.

I'm sure city legends like Sun Jihai, Darius Vassell, Benjani, Steven Ireland, Danny Mills and Dunne will also be remembered fondly in the annals of City folklore.
I had hope Pep would answer that question. Especially as he was saying Wenger spent money to win trophies even though he inherited players from George Graham and likewise Ferguson had been carefully buying players for years and bringing through talent.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What Guardiola needs to do is keep his head down. His behaviour yesterday was bonkers, ranting and raving at everyone, playing the poor little City card.

All this has been brought on by themselves as a club, he knows how financially doped the club is - that’s why he’s there after all. And he knows how the club has been creating revenue through internal sponsorship deals. Keep the celebrations on the inside of the club, instead of acting the big I am to the press, cos you’ve got away with cheating.

Guardiola is a strange bloke, we all know that, he was strange at Bayern too, and I’m sure at Barcelona, but I never followed that league much. Someone could do with just taking him aside and telling him to tone it down, his antics yesterday where weird to say the least.

A sign of cracking up? Maybe not, but certainly the sign of a man who doesn’t read the room very well at all.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Pep is a weirdo and is always over emotional and eccentric in certain situations so I don't think he's having a meltdown here.

I'm clearly in the very small minority of Utd fans who don't have a problem with City's spending. Just because a club hasn't "earnt" their success in the way that ourselves and liverpool have doesn't give us a sense of entitlement that no other club can be successful. It's like saying Aston Villa were one of the founders of the original Football League so It’s not fair for them to be battling relegation - Why not send down Watford instead because they don’t even have a European Cup to their name.

It's a weird attitude for many reasons one being selfish. The implication that a club that already has a succesful history must then keep on retaining trophies is unfair. "We deserve success.” Do we really? It's a strange saying that implies that the maintenance of the status quo, chosen clubs at the top, others always scrapping for points at the bottom is fair for everyone.

Let's be honest this verdict to rival fans was never going to change their opinion on them. They are guilty regardless of the verdict, because thats what we all want to believe as it helps us sleep better at night. Everyone is fine to form an opinion on city's supposed cheating, but if they were to actually provide an explanation how they've come to that conclusion it will most likely sound a little desperate. The truth is nobody knows apart from the people involved so to me unless found guilty, it's difficult to discredit someones success on the pitch regardless of how they come about their wealth in getting there. On a footballing level - I've honestly enjoyed watching them over the last 10 years. They've had great players in Silva, aguero, kompany and the obvious KDB to name a few, always played entertaining football and I've enjoyed the more fierce rivalry between us (especially in the earlier years 4-3 - Owen days) and now it looks like we can get back in the mix with them after being vacant the past few years.

Onto Pep. in fairness to him he has said numerous times that without world class players he would be nothing - yet we all use this as a stick to beat him with. It's clear that he wouldn't be able to play this way with west Brom but does that really discredit him as a manager? I for one would love him at utd and I think that 99% would feel the same, his records speak for itself. City were a class team when he took over but they hit new heights I've personally not seen before in his second year although I still think our 08' team would've give them a run for their money. The thing with pep is he is relentless. Where other managers may ease up on their players, he continues to add pressure to them to perform to the best of their abilities whether they're facing Liverpool or Burton Albion. Squad depth adds increased competition, meaning players who have an off game are most likely dropped the next. Look at Benardo last year - unbelievable performances week in week out but hardly gets a game now.

What we have here is a manager defending his football club because not only does it impact the club itself, it impacts his achievements and the hard work that he and his players have put in day in day out. No football club deserves a trophy in its cabinet any more than another – no matter what went before. Football owes us nothing.
This, to me, misses the point totally. I am not against private investment, and I am not against teams spending money. I am against teams flagrantly breaking the rules to win trophies they don’t deserve.

I am not against City doing it by the book in the future, but they have very clearly financially doped and contrived numbers to circumvent rules which were agreed upon beforehand.

It doesn’t matter if you don’t agree with those rules. Everyone else was running their day to day operations and planning their policies to stay in line with them, apart from the one team with a mega bench that wins the league cup every year.

The fact that he is now acting like some sort of victim, just rubs salt in the wound.

People laugh at Wenger now, but his whole policy and career post success was based around working within a financial plan to keep Arsenal sustainable. What would he have won with a blank cheque? A lot more!

His comments aren’t fair to Wenger, Ferguson or Klopp, who built title winning teams with youth, flair and mental strength. All of them have been restricted during the course of their careers and worked hard to stay within financial restrictions at different times.

By all means, expand the rules and allow more private investment, but unlimited funds in a league where everyone else has had to obey the rules?? Give me a break!

padr81

Supports
Man City
Caf seems to be cracking more than Pep if I'm honest.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That game was City's season to an absolute tee wasn't it.

On form, the best team in the country without doubt.

But turning games they should cruise into draws, defeats or close run ones like tonight.
Bizarre.

padr81

Supports
Man City
That game was City's season to an absolute tee wasn't it.

On form, the best team in the country without doubt.

But turning games they should cruise into draws, defeats or close run ones like tonight.
Bizarre.
100%. we didn't deserve to be 2 up in fairness, we were the better team till about 20th minute.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Seems like Pep will likely sign a new contract in the summer

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
What makes you think that?

Juventus? Then back to Barca eventually on the Agenda. Sooner rather than later once new president ?
Read something earlier today that City were waiting till the outcome of the ban before putting the final touches on a new contract and that Pep doesn't necessarily want to leave

adz_87

Supports
Man City
This, to me, misses the point totally. I am not against private investment, and I am not against teams spending money. I am against teams flagrantly breaking the rules to win trophies they don’t deserve.

I am not against City doing it by the book in the future, but they have very clearly financially doped and contrived numbers to circumvent rules which were agreed upon beforehand.

It doesn’t matter if you don’t agree with those rules. Everyone else was running their day to day operations and planning their policies to stay in line with them, apart from the one team with a mega bench that wins the league cup every year.

The fact that he is now acting like some sort of victim, just rubs salt in the wound.

People laugh at Wenger now, but his whole policy and career post success was based around working within a financial plan to keep Arsenal sustainable. What would he have won with a blank cheque? A lot more!

His comments aren’t fair to Wenger, Ferguson or Klopp, who built title winning teams with youth, flair and mental strength. All of them have been restricted during the course of their careers and worked hard to stay within financial restrictions at different times.

By all means, expand the rules and allow more private investment, but unlimited funds in a league where everyone else has had to obey the rules?? Give me a break!
Let's not be fooled into thinking that FFP was brought in to even the playing field - It's intended to cement the elite clubs in place and leave all the other clubs out in the cold without resources to present any sort of challenge. Luckily for City, the door was slammed closed as soon as they snuck in. It's not possible for a club to grow organically if they cannot invest further to compete, while it's best players are being poached.

On the whole cheating thing, UEFA charged city with hiding or altering revenue hence the hefty ban - CAS ruled them not guilty of that so no punishment applicable. They agreed that they were un-cooperative with UEFA's investigation which is what the fine was for but I don't understand how people are saying they should receive full punishment even though they've been judged by an independent body as being found not guilty. CAS have clearly said that they haven't cheated FFP - now I know that's disappointing, and believe me I was disappointed, but it's there in black and white.

The fact you say with some sort of certainty that they have "very clearly financially doped and contrived numbers" is ridiculous unless you have exclusive access to there sponsorship agreements/finances.

Do I think City's owners are squeaky clean? No, not at all but I'm also not naïve enough to think that the glazers or any other owners are either. I'm pretty confident that there's only a handful of rich owners that have made there money in a morally ethical way.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I had hope Pep would answer that question. Especially as he was saying Wenger spent money to win trophies even though he inherited players from George Graham and likewise Ferguson had been carefully buying players for years and bringing through talent.
Was he buying them with magic beans?