'Pep' Guardiola sack watch

FujiVice

I think they should do the modern thing of hiring an ex-player. Richard Dunne would be my choice.

lemmiwink

I think they should do the modern thing of hiring an ex-player. Richard Dunne would be my choice.
Shaun Goater is making a name for himself as a coach. He might just be the best manager to ever come from Bermuda as well.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
'Man City might not be able to compete with top teams'
Pep Guardiola is my idol said:
[Manchester] United have the quality to defend and the quality to attack on the counter-attack and you have to accept that.

That is the level we face against Liverpool, Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus. They are the teams we have to face and the reality is maybe we are not able now to compete with them.

Maybe we need to live that as a club to improve, to accept the reality now and improve.
Ole broke him.

Irrational.

I wonder whether he'll stand by his insistence that City won't spend in Jan. He doesn't come across as a man of his word.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
At the risk of getting banned, one can't help but wonder why SAF didn't get out of his "comfort zone" and took a job in Spain or Italy where he would have to learn the language and adapt to the culture and he wouldn't be considered a demigod and maybe even have his decisions questioned or god forbid booed at some stage...

That does sound stupid when you think it through, question a proven world class manager because he didn't jump through the exact hoops a certain person finds important?
The thing is, you need to jump through some hoops in order to be considered a proven world class manager. There are major question marks regarding what Pep has done in his career, even with City.

Ok, he broke records etc, but he won 2 leagues in 4 years while before him they had 2 in 5. No progress in the CL whatsoever. And all that after spending more than half a billion. A decent achievement? Perhaps. World class? Not in my book.

SAFMUTD

After the initial success with the previous teams he managed when things went south he left for a new club, hopefully he will leave ManCity at the end of the season and maybe come here...but I think he will go to Juve or PSG.

SAFMUTD

The thing is, you need to jump through some hoops in order to be considered a proven world class manager. There are major question marks regarding what Pep has done in his career, even with City.

Ok, he broke records etc, but he won 2 leagues in 4 years while before him they had 2 in 5. No progress in the CL whatsoever. And all that after spending more than half a billion. A decent achievement? Perhaps. World class? Not in my book.
Purely from a statistic point of view he has done good in the league and very poor on UCL, but the way he developed City and their players cant be denied. Players like Sterling and on a completely different level than when we first arrived, and to mention that this may be the hardest era in the EPL with City and Liverpool playing at such high level.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
After the initial success with the previous teams he managed when things went south he left for a new club, hopefully he will leave ManCity at the end of the season and maybe come here...but I think he will go to Juve or PSG.
I think we’ve got more chance of seeing Ole at City next year than Pep at United.

FujiVice

What would Pep do at United exactly? He throws his toys out when he cant get another £50m defender to go with the rest of them. Woodward and Pep sound like the opposite of a football dream team.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Yes, only wet dreaming here sadly.
I think he’ll return to Barca before he’s much older. Other than PSG I don’t see anywhere he could go, and would another ‘get handed the league in September, but struggle in the CL’ type club suit him?

SAFMUTD

I think he’ll return to Barca before he’s much older. Other than PSG I don’t see anywhere he could go, and would another ‘get handed the league in September, but struggle in the CL’ type club suit him?
Juve?

I really don’t see him managing another team in spain rather than barca, nor I imagine him going back to germany.

I’d say PSG, Barca and Juve are pretty much the realistic options.

Gasolin

Also, to be fair to Pep its not easy to come back from 2-0 down at halftine at the Etihad. Its only happened once.. When we did it a few years ago.
Mental.
I don't remember that one. When was that?

Djemba-Djemba

Seems like he's winding down at City.

And also even if he doesn't actually believe it, it's absolutely bizarre to suggest City might not be able to compete with the top teams. City have had billions pumped into the club in the last 10 years, Guardiola himself has spent hundreds and hundreds of millions. They've got three £50m plus full backs for feck sake!

You can't be one of the richest clubs in the world, have won the title 2 years running and then try and portray yourselves as underdogs

Loon

:lol:
I see the Pep love-in has been supplanted by the Klopp love-in, but Klopp will also have problems down the line and the love will move elsewhere.

He’ll never be sacked, It'll be interesting to see what Pep does next.

Cait Sith

Not really interesting what he does next. It's nailed on Juventus followed by PSG (or vice versa). Teams that win their leagues 9 out of 10 times. Followed by early retirement.

Would only be interesting if he stays another season to rise to the challenge and then joins Milan (or even Barca after Messi, Busquets, Pique, Alba and Suarez retire) to build something there over few years like Klopp did at Liverpool. If he quits this summer followed by Juve/PSG jobs I'll forever consider him Luis Enrique tier manager and I'm sure Pep does not want that.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Not really interesting what he does next. It's nailed on Juventus followed by PSG (or vice versa). Teams that win their leagues 9 out of 10 times. Followed by early retirement.

Would only be interesting if he stays another season to rise to the challenge and then joins Milan (or even Barca after Messi, Busquets, Pique, Alba and Suarez retire) to build something there over few years like Klopp did at Liverpool. If he quits this summer followed by Juve/PSG jobs I'll forever consider him Luis Enrique tier manager and I'm sure Pep does not want that.
I can see the headlines: "PL manager distraught that Caf posters view him as a fraud: resigns and checks into a mental facility"

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Yeah, I think he should prove his class by managing in the Championship for a couple of seasons. Would really win over the doubters.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Seems no manager can win atall with the average football fan.

If a manager overachieves with limited funds like Pochettino or Sarri it's "show us your medals" however any manager that can answer that call with array of them it's "yeah but you managed a top team innit".

Seems like you have to win with an underdog to get proper recognition, oh but hang on Ranieri did that and no one rates him either.

TrustInOle

At the risk of getting banned, one can't help but wonder why SAF didn't get out of his "comfort zone" and took a job in Spain or Italy where he would have to learn the language and adapt to the culture and he wouldn't be considered a demigod and maybe even have his decisions questioned or god forbid booed at some stage...

That does sound stupid when you think it through, question a proven world class manager because he didn't jump through the exact hoops a certain person finds important?
Actually laughing at your comparison! Sir Alex 'Built' teams, Pep buys teams. Sir Alex also fought of 2 oil rich clubs. Would have much more respect if the man stayed at Barce and built his next team instead of jumping ship when the main wheels started to age, ie; Xavi, Villa, Iniesta, Puyol, except for Messi.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Pep is talking shite. He's starting to make me think this could be his last season there