'Pep' Guardiola sack watch

Classical Mechanic

Which will happen first, him running away or him getting sacked? Lucky for him that United, Arsenal and Spurs are doing so badly and they won’t get sucked into a battle for top 4.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Don't think they will sack him. Could see him walking though.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He's obviously not gonna get sacked!

But i always said that i think this could be his last season, regardless of what he wins or not.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:lol: FFS. How dare he not win three on a trot.

If he gets bored/wants a change it's a different matter. Peformance wise he isn't anywhere near leaving City or having to do so. He's done a terrific job.

Bojan11

Running away? I wish our manager would do that.

Taking a different challenge doesn’t mean running away. He could have stayed at Barca for the rest of his life and won 10 la Ligas.

prateik

He wont be sacked.. obviously not.

Will he walk at the end of the season? Who knows.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Ornstein said on his new podcast that he may well be off in the summer anyway as his wife and kids have moved back to Barcelona.

Skills

Snitch
He won't get sacked. He's only like there 3rd manager in the last 10 years so it's not as if they're trigger happy, and tend to only move on when they think they can do better.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Hard to win when you can't defend. City will be going on the search for a central defender in January. It shows how much trust Pep has in the pairing of Otamendi and Stones when a defensive midfielder is beating one of them to the starting 11

rampo

I am pretty sure he will walk away at the end of the season.

The question is where will he go next? I see him going to Juventus frankly but not sure if he will be achieve CL trophy there. If not, I don't see a point why Juve would go for him given they seem to win the league title every season irrespective of the manager

amolbhatia50k

He should leave, it's got a bit tough for him now. PSG is the true challenge he needs.
How's it 'gotten tough for him'? Are City supposed to finish 1st every year or something?

I would have preferred to see City lead the table over Liverpool and I get people's frustration with that. But no team wins the Pl every year.

Needham

2 titles in 4 years and no CL. By his standards that's Holloway.

Classical Mechanic

Hard to win when you can't defend. City will be going on the search for a central defender in January. It shows how much trust Pep has in the pairing of Otamendi and Stones when a defensive midfielder is beating one of them to the starting 11
It’s a bit like Mourinho ‘these players are rubbish’ - why did he buy them then?

hp88

Reckon he will walk at the end of year if Liverpool win the league.

Judas

Open to offers
How's it 'gotten tough for him'? Are City supposed to finish 1st every year or something?

I would have preferred to see City lead the table over Liverpool and I get people's frustration with that. But no team wins the Pl every year.
With that team, manager, that squad and the money they have to spend? Yes.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
He's not getting sacked. The whole structure of the club was built to get him there, no way they throw him out. If anything, he'll go because he feels he doesn't have the influene on the team he used to have. It's been the same when he left Barca. Will be interesting to see how he'll decide if City doesn't get its shit together.

Personally, I'd love it if he went back to Barca. Rooting for Barca is easier than rooting for sheikh-owned City, he'd be back together with Messi for a few seasons and the team is perfect for him with young players like De Jong, Arthur, Fati, possibly Havertz etc.

Bojan11

Ornstein said on his new podcast that he may well be off in the summer anyway as his wife and kids have moved back to Barcelona.
Ornstein says a lot of things. She’s only there for a few months to look after her business interests and will be back in Manchester.

Bulldog United

It's looking like a return to home and Barcelona is opening up for him.

I definitely don't see him sticking around with City beyond this season. He's having one more CL push, and then that's him done with life in England.

Loon

:lol:
Reckon he will walk at the end of year if Liverpool win the league.
Will kind of lower him in my estimation if he does. Would be likely to entertain the "Managerial flat track bully" rep.

amolbhatia50k

Rubbish. No team can win their league every year. And the PL has enough big spenders like (like us, Liverpool and other) to ensure that a Lyon/Juve type run just doesn't happen. Even in our pomp we lost some titles. Also Liverpool have a terrific squad too.

Ancient Of Days

Implying that Guardiola is facing the sack because they are falling behind Liverpool, after winning the PL consecutively in the last two seasons is a bit rich

Is he expected to win the league every single season, while some believe our own manager should be unsackable if he finishes in the top half of the table?

Every team, manager is due a bad spell and Pep is no exception. If he continues to fall short of expectations in all other areas and form completely nosedives where losses suddenly becomes a habit and we see Pep laughing off of those losses or telling City fans that it was never going to be easy, then I think it would be right to talk about his potential sacking/leaving.

leontas

Think he’ll put the emphasis on winning the CL this season and then walk away at the end of it. Can’t see him being sacked. He’s taken City to new heights since taking over.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Will finish on 80 something points. Poor by his standards.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Even if you're the best team in the league with a brilliant squad you're inevitably going to have the odd season where you don't finish 1st if you've got strong competition. Mourinho was obviously still a brilliant manager back in 06-07 but happened to get bested by an even better United side under Fergie. That didn't stop Mourinho from being a top manager at the time, even if he'd made mistakes, as all good managers do.

Judas

Open to offers
Even if you're the best team in the league with a brilliant squad you're inevitably going to have the odd season where you don't finish 1st if you've got strong competition. Mourinho was obviously still a brilliant manager back in 06-07 but happened to get bested by an even better United side under Fergie. That didn't stop Mourinho from being a top manager at the time, even if he'd made mistakes, as all good managers do.
I don't even think he should be sacked.

Shark

@NotShark
This thread is embarassing considering where we are
I know, most of our fans standards have gone down the drain, the Ole in crown are now saying they expected and are happy with 6th, as if we’re even going to finish that high. But when it comes to our rivals, they should be sacking a manger that’s just won two league titles on the bounce.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I think they underestimated the loss of Kompany, playing wise and off the field. Factor in Fernandinho and Aguero being another year older. They miss the former in his natural position.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The honeymoon is over. I wonder who could actually do a better job than Pep? Klopp would probably be the ideal candidate. Allegri would be good enough. Poch might also be a candidate.