'Pep' Guardiola sack watch

DAK222

Supports
Liverpool
Unusual interview comments, there. He's cracking I think. I reckon he's gonna be at PSG next season, his missus will enjoy Paris, he'll have a blank chequebook and a few world class players plus very little competition - perfect recipe for him to rebuild his wavering ego.
Was that comment about City sarcastic? Or was he genuine? Doesn't make him any less of a genius manager, he's produced the best team football I've ever watched in my lifetime (Barca). He really should be aiming for a sleeping giant like AC Milan rather than PSG or Juve (who can win consecutive Serie As without him).
Give the guy a break. If he says he's the best, then people say he's only won so much because of the great players he's had. If he says he isn't the best and that he's only won so much because of the great players he's had, he's cracking or possibly sarcastic. Maybe not every word out of a manager's mouth is "mind games"?

OleTheGreat

He should leave, it's got a bit tough for him now. PSG is the true challenge he needs.
I don't see him going to PSG. If at all he leaves it will only have to be Barca again. Seems like they'll hold on to Quique Setién until the summer when Poch or Pep will take over. If Pep leaves for Barca, i hope Poch moves to United.

Dick Dastardly

Supports
Wrexham
I’m always left thinking that Pep is smug after watching him interviewed. I guess it’s his accent and mannerisms or maybe he really is a smug ****.

SER19

His reputation in the game will be defined by how he behaves during this cheating scandal. So far he has come out strongly defending the cheating club. He could say little and leave in summer, but it seems the cheats knew his price and bought him heart and soul.

TheReligion

Abusive
His reputation in the game will be defined by how he behaves during this cheating scandal. So far he has come out strongly defending the cheating club. He could say little and leave in summer, but it seems the cheats knew his price and bought him heart and soul.
I think it's a fair point and will be a big blot on his copy book. The very fact he chose to go to City in the first place was questionable and now it seems hes quite happy to turn a blind eye to what the club gets upto as long as they pay him well.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Wait what?! People were saying that Pep allways prefers the easy option and that after this scandal he is off from City and now after he said he is staying people are starting to criticize him because of that..Unbelievable...

SER19

Wait what?! People were saying that Pep allways prefers the easy option and that after this scandal he is off from City and now after he said he is staying people are starting to criticize him because of that..Unbelievable...
You're mixing two different points. Staying at city who will shovel even more money at him to reclaim the league isn't exactly taxing work. In any case he's failing by falling so far behind and making many poor decisions with his squad

This is a separate discussion about his values and standing in the game

Withnail

I was thinking something similar to the bolded part when I saw it. He's in danger of tarnishing his legacy by coming out to bat so strongly for the owners.

He could have been vague and said he'd respect the process and see what happens with it but he's talking about fighting for truth and justice.

SER19

I was thinking something similar to the bolded part when I saw it. He's in danger of tarnishing his legacy by coming out to bat so strongly for the owners.

He could have been vague and said he'd respect the process and see what happens with it but he's talking about fighting for truth and justice.
Thought he'd do exactly what your second paragraph says.

Josep Dowling

Pep always says the same thing after they lose. It’s just tiresome now. ‘We played very well, unbelievable’.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Shreeves had to talk to him like a young child during the second half of his post match interview. Absolute weirdo.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Sack thread? He won a trophy last week you muppets.
:lol: at a monster squad like Man City winning the Carabao Cup being some sort of prestigious prize. It’s CL or nothing for Pep with that squad.

stepic

He’s a bit of a twat isn’t he? Just answer the questions honestly. Everyone knows you’re not happy with that.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
:lol: at a monster squad like Man City winning the Carabao Cup being some sort of prestigious prize. It’s CL or nothing for Pep with that squad.
Come on, you can’t win everything all the time.

Anyway he’s about to knock out Real Madrid so it’s not like it’s going badly for him.

2nd, in the UCL, won a smaller domestic trophy. Not exactly a horror show is it.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
It's been a long time since we've seen him give that type of interview, not seen anything like that since his first season when they were losing a few. Definitely irked by Shreeves.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Does 8 of the last 9 trophies in English football count?

Cloud7

Not that I think he will be sacked, but it’s beginning to look like he’s coming to the end of his cycle there. We saw similar at Barcelona in his final season when he was doing strange things like playing a 3-3-4 with Fabregas as a striker and that sort of thing.

He is the same guy who has said that after 3-4 seasons at the same club things get stale, and that’s why he moves on, so maybe he’s feeling like that now.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Does 8 of the last 9 trophies in English football count?
It counts alright! But if you invest crazy money you need to produce crazy results. Look at their bench for the game today.

If they only win the Carabao Cup this season, it’s a failure for that squad. It won’t have been a good season.

You can’t have a whole bench of 50 million players and not be held to higher standards.

This season hasn’t been a good one and the Carabao Cup doesn’t even make a dent in that.

adz_87

Supports
Man City
It counts alright! But if you invest crazy money you need to produce crazy results. Look at their bench for the game today.

If they only win the Carabao Cup this season, it’s a failure for that squad. It won’t have been a good season.

You can’t have a whole bench of 50 million players and not be held to higher standards.

This season hasn’t been a good one and the Carabao Cup doesn’t even make a dent in that.
But if they go on to win the FA cup and the Champions League then it will be his best season at city.

DRM

What did he say? Missed the interview