'Pep' Guardiola sack watch

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Madrid will have more than a chance
They’ll pump City on the break if they play like this, which they will. Real pretty attacking but shockingly naive in defence.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I see he's come dressed as Ricky Gervais tonight.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Not a fan or Arsenal but this is beautiful to watch! Anytime Manchester Cheaty lose a game of football from now on should be cause to celebrate!

Yes I do realise how childish that joke is and no, I don't care

PoTMS

How many games have they lost now this season? I'm sure it's double figures.

Paxi

City have 2 away goals, they don't have room to "play on the break". They have to take the game to City
That’s exactly how Zidane will set up. I really doubt aggregate score will be on Zidanes mind. Statistically they’re not likely to get through.. I’m sure Real will want a goal against city and then take it from there. Trying to play Pep at his own game just because Zidane is 2 away goals down would be really naive.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
That’s exactly how Zidane will set up. I really doubt aggregate score will be on Zidanes mind. Statistically they’re not likely to get through.. I’m sure Real will want a goal against city and then take it from there. Trying to play Pep at his own game just because Zidane is 2 away goals down would be really naive.
Madrid need 2 clear goals to get through. If they go to Manchester deciding to play conservative they will easily lose. What's stopping City from just playing keep-a-ball at the back?

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Did he give the players the same drinks break grilling in the second half as he did in the first? I missed it if he did.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Pep has a massive rebuild on his hands and I’m not sure he can resolve it in one transfer window. His team has lost its deep desire to win games, and other managers know how to beat his system, depending if they have the players.

not sure pep will know how to fix this without £250m investment

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Pep has a massive rebuild on his hands and I’m not sure he can resolve it in one transfer window. His team has lost its deep desire to win games, and other managers know how to beat his system, depending if they have the players.

They need a centre back, a Silva replacement, and probably a top level forward. Either someone to replace/compete with Aguero, or a Sterling level player on the other side.
Huge job ahead.

Paxi

Madrid need 2 clear goals to get through. If they go to Manchester deciding to play conservative they will easily lose. What's stopping City from just playing keep-a-ball at the back?
They need two goals to level the tie. Madrid don’t play conservative football as you put it. It’ll certainly not going to be like what with Arsenal today but nevertheless they’ll concede possession and they’ll look to hit City on the break. Vinicius, Hazard, Rodrigo, Benzema — they’ve got fine options to hurt City. I don’t think they’ll come out guns blazing to hurt City. I just don’t see Zidane as that type of manager — he’s very pragmatic when he needs to be.

Zen86

Pep’s not rebuilding anything, too much of a challenge for him. Instead he’ll “take some time out” until the next club has the perfect setup ready for him to walk into.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool

£250m is just the one transfer window for them now that FFP is effectively finished

cyberman

You can say this or that about the side but the manager has to be doing better with the calibre of players he has.
It cant be excused away with talk if cycles or rebuilds. This squad only had 2 years of excellence, surely a cycle lasts longer than that

Cal?

CR7 fan
Pep’s not rebuilding anything, too much of a challenge for him. Instead he’ll “take some time out” until the next club has the perfect setup ready for him to walk into.
PSG next, but they might not want him based on his CL record.

Classical Mechanic

They need two goals to level the tie. Madrid don’t play conservative football as you put it. It’ll certainly not going to be like what with Arsenal today but nevertheless they’ll concede possession and they’ll look to hit City on the break. Vinicius, Hazard, Rodrigo, Benzema — they’ve got fine options to hurt City. I don’t think they’ll come out guns blazing to hurt City. I just don’t see Zidane as that type of manager — he’s very pragmatic when he needs to be.
If Madrid get the early goal City will fold. They have no resilience.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Absolutely woeful today, to a man we were terrible and the tactics of focusing on Mendy’s crossing was baffling. Some knee-jerk reactions on here about the task facing Pep though. Sign Koulibaly, sign a competent left-back and straight away that’s a vastly improved side. Add a fresh option up top and we’ll be good to go again.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
£250m is just the one transfer window for them now that FFP is effectively finished
FFP isn't finished, it's likely the City debacle will only motivate them to build stronger cases with more compelling evidence. And City will be on the radar at all time, spending too much is the worst they can do.

Classical Mechanic

That’s odd, seem to recall Madrid scoring first at the Bernabeu.
The two sides are on different trajectories since then. Real Madrid are champions whilst City are going out with a whimper whenever any side pushes back. This is the worst Madrid side in 10 years but you’d still back them to expose City’s soft underbelly.

Absolutely woeful today, to a man we were terrible and the tactics of focusing on Mendy’s crossing was baffling. Some knee-jerk reactions on here about the task facing Pep though. Sign Koulibaly, sign a competent left-back and straight away that’s a vastly improved side. Add a fresh option up top and we’ll be good to go again.
You need to replace David Silva and Sane plus you need another striker.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
That’s another £300 mill for The Bald One in the summer! Just give him what he wants.

Real coming into 2nd leg in much better form. And even if they get past Real. Can’t see them win against Bayern in the semis.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Zidane is very pragmatic, sure. But there is only so much you can be "pragmatic" when you need 2 goals. You'll have to come out and take risks to increase your chances of scoring. The other team may be able to break on you, but that's the penalty for conceding 2 goals on home court.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Probably. Maybe Juve, but PSG will let him spend £200m every transfer window.
Nah we can't do that because of neymar's and mbappe wages/transfers. Our transfer balance has been pretty much 0 or even positive for the past 2 years.

Paxi

That’s odd, seem to recall Madrid scoring first at the Bernabeu.
Momentum is everything in football. Granted all the sting could be taken out by the time we see the game.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
Not sure who's more checked out, the players or Guardiola. There's certain to be big changes at City.
Pep, tactically he's been off his rockers and hasn't seem to be able to figure things out with this team. It seems his City side perform better against quality opposition when they don't try to dominate possession, 2-1 against Pool last season 49% possession, 2-1 against Madrid 51% possession, 4-0 Pool 48% possession, they swtich from beeing dominate one month or week and then turing to duds the next. As much as people might say they need a few in addition they also need some tactically revamp as well.

Mr Smith

When you look closely at post-Barcelona Pep, his knockout record is actually really mixed. I can't think of a manager who's lost so many semi-finals.