'Pep' Guardiola sack watch

Highfather_24

It would moronic but let's hope that's the case. That said, City will never sack Pep. It'll he him who decides when to walk away.
Hah, its a tongue in cheek comment.

Dias, Cancelo and Grealish were the only ones playing well today. Everyone else was shit.

Teja

Would be great. Even better if he leaves because his team isn't getting support from fans
Yup I was wondering earlier about who might replace him. Best case he'll leave end of next season (22/23) and City are usually fairly well planned with these things.

It doesn't seem like they'll do a 180 and get someone German of the Nagelsmann / Klopp mould to replace him. Not many good Spanish coaches floating around.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Hope it's beginning of the end, but I thought same last year when they were 8th in the table at Christmas.

cyberman

We could, but the thing with Pep and this City team is that they can go on 12-15 game winning runs and not drop a point at any point in the season.
This season is different though. I don’t think this side can do that. RBL and Southampton exploited the space behind the wide forwards so their midfield are pushed around and their FB are isolated. People will put this down to a lack of a striker but the team looks tired to me

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Spent a billion pounds and yet can't beat Southampton. He has to go now. 3 points behind Pool now as well

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
This season is different though. I don’t think this side can do that. RBL and Southampton exploited the space behind the wide forwards so their midfield are pushed around and their FB are isolated. People will put this down to a lack of a striker but the team looks tired to me
True, but this is also due to Ake, defensively there a different team with Laporte or Stones. This season Ake has started 4 games they're record is 1-1-2 and conceded 5 goals, only 1 clean sheet, without Ake they're 3-0-0 with 3 clean sheets. Ake father also passed away this week for all we know the team maybe didn't want to put extra pressure on him since he got a lot of stick in those defeats earlier and even when they conceded 3 against RBL, this is why I think Pep went with Sterling, Dinho, BSilva and Jesus who provider more defensive shifts of course I'm not saying they didn't want to win, but it seem they're were playing a little safe and trying not to concede/lose.

Someone

Something
They were really rubbish today. Couldn't create anything, and were shaky plenty of times at the back. They'll miss not having a target man a lot this season.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Hope it's beginning of the end, but I thought same last year when they were 8th in the table at Christmas.
I'm not writing them off yet as they started badly last season however Chelsea, Pool and dare I say us are better than last season.

youmeletsfly

They were really rubbish today. Couldn't create anything, and were shaky plenty of times at the back. They'll miss not having a target man a lot this season.
Added to that Sterling looks lost and KDB doesn't really look match fit. Even Walker seems to be a lot slower these days. They're gonna have an interesting season.

cyberman

Just noticed that Sterling ran in front of Foden to tap it in but if he left it then Foden scores.
I know a good striker makes the attempt but he must see Phil is there to finish it?

SAFMUTD

They are creating chances but missing the clinical striker to finish them, long may it continue. With little luck Pep will implode and leave by the end of the season. :devil:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
They've looked a bit wank so far this season tbh.
I think they’ve been a bit up and down. Battered Norwich and Arsenal, but limited by Spurs and Southampton. Good win at Leicester.

Way too early to be writing them off.

Robbie Boy

I think they’ve been a bit up and down. Battered Norwich and Arsenal, but limited by Spurs and Southampton. Good win at Leicester.

I certainly wouldn't write them off at all, but they even looked extremely vulnerable at the back midweek against Leipzig.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool

Agreed, they had a similar start last season, ultimately their depth shone through despite being pretty poor in the first half of the season.

ReddBalls

Agreed, they had a similar start last season, ultimately their depth shone through despite being pretty poor in the first half of the season.
Plus they had two weeks off because "Covid" in the most hectic part og the season while everyone else has to play.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
*plays world's smallest violin*

Imagine trying to play that card, with their squad.

The champions league game wasn't even abroad for goodness sake.

Huge game against my boys Wycombe midweek ;)
But equally big game v Chelsea next week.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Only 10 minutes to prepare yesterday? I would sack the whole coaching and management staff if that was true.

Of course, it may be total bullshit. :rolleyes:

Dansk

Why would they have had only ten minutes to prepare? Their last match was on Wednesday. And it was at home. So was this one. Do they take three days off to lounge around on the sofa after each match?

If you just choose not to prepare for a match, that's noone else's fault. Christ almighty. Every club that plays in European competitions faces the same thing numerous times every season, but he whines about it like it's some unique struggle for them. That's genuinely cringeworthy.

Oranges038

Sure he said on Wednesday they would be tired today.

Clearly foresight can now be added to his list of world class qualities.

El Zoido

Ole thread would be nuclear if we drew 0-0 to Saints at OT. Hell, it was nuclear when we drew the away game despite their goal being a dodgy fluke.