Pep Guardiola to leave Man City in 2023 | Extends contract until 2025

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Probably deserves its own thread:

Good news for us (and any other prospective title contenders). We'll see how City cope with post-managerial transition.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Mr. Money coaching a national team where he won't have unlimited fantasy funds? Yeah sure :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He's going to Burnley after his break. Dave, 57 from Rochdale will finally get his wish.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Fergie made that mistake and his team dropped a level. We really need to sort our midfield out.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Mr. Money coaching a national team where he won't have unlimited fantasy funds? Yeah sure :lol:
Bet he selects his national team carefully that’s for sure.

Offsideagain

Sounds like the beginning of a massive contract negotiation to me. The Sheik won’t want to lose Guardiola especially if the fail (again) to win the CL. When SAF said he was going to retire, the team’s performance fell. May happen at the Bitters.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Also much, much less time to actually coach the players, which isn't exactly Pep-friendly either.

bosskeano

great news for us that players won't be pulled to go to City b/c of Pep and the Oil money.....no matter how much we think he's a twat, he can pretty much attract any player he wants because he wins trophies

Amir

Fergie made that mistake and his team dropped a level. We really need to sort our midfield out.
Sounds like the beginning of a massive contract negotiation to me. The Sheik won’t want to lose Guardiola especially if the fail (again) to win the CL. When SAF said he was going to retire, the team’s performance fell. May happen at the Bitters.
Had that discussion a while back. We suffered in the start of 2001/02 from the change of formation, struggle to fit in Veron, the defence weakening (Blanc in, Stam out) and found our form a few weeks before Fergie announced he was staying.

City will be fine.

Zen86

He’ll either stay at City, end up going back to City, or go to PSG. Mr megabucks isn’t getting as easy a ride anywhere else.

tomaldinho1

Bet he selects his national team carefully that’s for sure.
He's just waiting for Barcelona to sort their books out again, let that crop of worldies come through and return to 'save' them.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Highest compliment I can pay him is "thank God for that".

arthurka

He isn't one of those really. I see him more or less as a man of principal.

slored1

Who is his replacement at City you guys reckon? Maybe Enrique or Pochettino?

Josh 76

Makes sense now why he was was trying to spend money like it’s running out of fashion.

ti vu

He's quite transparent about his choice, isn't he? "South America, European" both happens to have strongest NTs in the world...

Just wait for the groundwork to be done, and pick one of the strongest now.

Maxii

Paad
Does he want to manage Ireland? That’ll be a good challenge for him

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Don't think it's wise to announce this so far ahead of time. But I could see him manage Brazil and do really well with them. Spain of course too.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
He can come manage Norway, at least he'll have Haaland, and a annual budget of a pack of fishsticks

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
great news for us that players won't be pulled to go to City b/c of Pep and the Oil money.....no matter how much we think he's a twat, he can pretty much attract any player he wants because he wins trophies
So he just didn't want the likes of Mbappe, Griezmann, Messi, Ronaldo, Muller, Haaland, Neymar etc?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hopefully Klopp buggars off then too, and we can crank out the 2023/24 champs hype threads.

ti vu

Don't think it's wise to announce this so far ahead of time. But I could see him manage Brazil and do really well with them. Spain of course too.
For his pro- Catalonia I don't see it would bode well to lead Spain NT.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Tuchel to leave in the next year or 2, Pep to leave in 2023, Klopp in 2024, Ole & Arteta top in 2025! :D

Green_Red

He's not going to be taking on Scotland to manage though is he, it'll be Brasil or Spain so he'll have a hell of a selection pool.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
2 years is a lot of time in football. For what is worth Pep could be off even after the end of this season if its not as successful as his previous ones or he can extend his stay there way beyond 2023 to make his stay at City 10 years in total 2016- 2026 ?! Everything is possible.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
He's quite transparent about his choice, isn't he? "South America, European" both happens to have strongest NTs in the world...

Just wait for the groundwork to be done, and pick one of the strongest now.
I'm still in shock he never mentioned Polynesia.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Taking a sabbatical before going to PSG?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Tuchel to leave in the next year or 2, Pep to leave in 2023, Klopp in 2024, Ole & Arteta top in 2025! :D
In before Nuno wins the league with Spurs then while Arteta states that his project needs time