Pep Guardiola to leave Man City in 2023 | Extends contract until 2025

Chief123

Ah shit, here we go again…..

Surely he must want to go to a club that actually has something about them? Like some fans at least.

Brophs

The One and Only
He basically has nowhere to go at the moment. He doesn't seem to want to go back to Barca. He's been at Bayern. The clubs in Italy are at a low ebb and probably wouldn't have the resources he'd need or be competitive in the later stages of the CL and I don't see him wanting to win the French League with a goal difference of +198.

Raw

Surely he must want to go to a club that actually has something about them? Like some fans at least.
Reckon he's desperate for a CL with them. To not win it after all the time and money spent on one of the best teams in the world would always bother him.

Raw

He basically has nowhere to go at the moment. He doesn't seem to want to go back to Barca. He's been at Bayern. The clubs in Italy are at a low ebb and probably wouldn't have the resources he'd need or be competitive in the later stages of the CL and I don't see him wanting to win the French League with a goal difference of +198.
It does seem like a Serie A team would be the next logical step in dominating all the top leagues, who knows what will happen in 2-3 years. Obviously it'd have to be the richest of the lot.

Unfortunately it seems like the setup he has at City is absolutely perfect for him.

Ludens the Red

Not a surprise. He’ll be there for a very long time. Has everything he wants and needs. God only know how much he’s taking home off the books.
There’s no where he can go for guaranteed success bar Psg and I can’t see him liking the politics there.

tomaldinho1

This is good news. Firstly you want the best managers in the league and also I want to see ETH beat him.

Really there’s nowhere for him to go. He won’t go back to Barca unless they become rich again, he ain’t going Real, PSG look quite settled now. It would be funny if he goes Newcastle in 2 years :lol:

I don’t think you have any idea just how filthy rich they are making him.
This will be almost 10 years at City, in Manchester, compared to 4 years at his beloved Barcelona, as a proud Catalan.

$$$$$$$$$$$

Chief123

I don’t think you have any idea just how filthy rich they are making him.
This will be almost 10 years at City, in Manchester, compared to 4 years at his beloved Barcelona, as a proud Catalan.

$$$$$$$$$$$
Of course he’s getting some silly dough off the books too. There’s no way he’d be there that long if he wasn’t. It’s the least biggest clubs he’s managed yet will have his longest tenure there.

bosskeano

why woudl the bald cnut leave when he's making 20m a year and they are giving him endless resources to bring in whoever he wants

Kaos

Meh, I'd rather he sticks around as long as Klopp does. No one cares when City win anything anyway.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Feck off and manage international football already Pep
He will. I am pretty sure that Guardiola will lead some national team at the next World Cup in 2026. Leaving City in the summer of 2025 makes perfect sense..

Kaos

I keep hearing suggestions he'll end up in international football. Who does he coach? Because it's definitely not Spain. Or do the UAE offer him £100million a year to coach their NT?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I keep hearing suggestions he'll end up in international football. Who does he coach? Because it's definitely not Spain. Or do the UAE offer him £100million a year to coach their NT?
Brazil

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Ffs. This cnut spent four years at Barca and three at Bayern. Now looking to spend nine fecking years of his career with these plastic cnuts.

Feck off.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Fecking hell, all the talk of him getting tired of football and needs a long break, ends up with new contract extension.

redshaw

I was expecting to him to manage Brazil or another international team. Maybe he still will and leave in 2024 in time to setup up a team for the 2026 WC.

I wonder if he'd even fancy managing England if Spain Brazil doesn't happen and he fancies a change.