Pep Guardiola's next managerial job?

tomaldinho1

It's almost comical but I can genuinely see PSG then Newcastle in a few years.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I reckon somewhere in Italy. Maybe one of the Milan clubs

cyberman

PSG then club retirement. Maybe the English or France national team

AndySmith1990

PSG. They can afford to give him the world class backup players he so desperately needs to make his system work

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Joining PSG is like joining Real Madrid. Its never going to happen and you all know why. I would love to see him managing AC Milan one day.

kaku06

I know it’s very very unlikely but if city is punished and stripped off titles. He has wasted 8 years of his career :lol: and tainted his legacy and image. Turns out he is actually a fraud who is bald. The OG, the G.O.A.T.

Pep, Hope you are happy, so happy, Happy new year.

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
He should of joined United after he left Barca (iirc Ferguson was in talks with him). Disappointed he takes the easy way (Bayern) and then City.

I'd like him to go back to his roots and come back home to Barca. We have some incredible talents he can mould; Gavi, Pedri, Balde, Ansu, Araujo etc. BUT he will probably once again follow the money.. PSG.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Driven by a desire to prove the average internet critic right i see him going to Wolfsburg to "prove his quality" for the sake of future internet debates

galwayfa

He is a great manager, you need be a good to manage all the players, maybe not suit Man Utd but he is a good one, hard and all to say

RedDevilQuebecois

It depends. If the investigation finds out that Pep also had a hand (very likely) in this criminal scheme at City, it would not be beyond anyone that he could get banned from football.

Last edited:

AshRK

Funny, people think he will take a tough route and take Milan job. He needs financial backing. I would love if he takes Milan job, though.

December_16

Joining PSG is like joining Real Madrid. Its never going to happen and you all know why. I would love to see him managing AC Milan one day.
Given your username and club you support, surprised that you didn’t just say Ajax as next destination.

Siorac

Driven by a desire to prove the average internet critic right i see him going to Wolfsburg to "prove his quality" for the sake of future internet debates
He'll go down to the Championship to learn the trade.

Supports
Barcelona
He should of joined United after he left Barca (iirc Ferguson was in talks with him). Disappointed he takes the easy way (Bayern) and then City.

I'd like him to go back to his roots and come back home to Barca. We have some incredible talents he can mould; Gavi, Pedri, Balde, Ansu, Araujo etc. BUT he will probably once again follow the money.. PSG.
Why? Xavi is doing a good job. i want him to continue. Plus, second spells never work for managers or players .......unless it's Messi. bring back Messi.

BlueHaze

Do you genuinely have some serious affection for him or what is this?

I've seen at least 20 posts from you now in different threads about him like this.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Do you genuinely have some serious affection for him or what is this?

I've seen at least 20 posts from you now in different threads about him like this.
These are the replies I get to the most benign of posts.

Fine, I'll say what the people want. He's a fraud so will probably go to PSG or some other easy job that Sam Allardyce could do with half the budget. A mod should append this to my tagline.

Can ye lay off me now?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He’ll succeed Ten Hag once all the hard work is done.

RedDevilRoshi

Always thought he’d manage in South America one day. The Brazil national team job would be amazing. Then again, it’ll probably be PSG first.

Ace Krampus

I'm going to guess a few years with PSG's slush fund and then after once again failing to win a CL without the best team in history, winding down with a comical contract for Guangzhou Evergrande

jm99

PSG is the only real option. He's not going to another Premier league club, he's not going to any Italian club, they don't have enough resources, neither do any non bayern German club or any non Barca Spanish club (except the one he obviously he won't go to) I don't think I can think of any manager less suited to international management than pep guardiola, he needs certain players to play his system and an inability to stack his squad with those players means it won't work. The weakest aspect of his game is easily in knockout competitions, and he seems like the type of manager who needs to control everything, training with the players on a couple of different occasions most years wouldn't suit him at all.

He could go back to his previous clubs but I don't see Barca getting rid of xavi or pep wanting to take the job from him, plus they're a bit financially fecked. Bayern would be the best fit of his previous clubs, but I don't know that they'd get rid of nagelsmann. For all pep did in the bundesliga they win that every year anyway, and he disappointed in the CL.

So I assumed he'd be at City as long as fergie was here tbh, I know that sounds an exaggeration but it's the perfect set up for him, a great structure above him, owners that will fund whatever he wants, investment in youth etc. But if they face serious sanctions he's gone, so it's PSG as the only option I can see

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
For all pep did in the bundesliga they win that every year anyway,
Before him they never won more than three in a row, and "only" did that twice.

jm99

Before him they never won more than three in a row, and "only" did that twice.
You really think heynckes couldn't have won four in a row if he stayed on? Historical comparisons are a largely meaningless thing, pep took a team that demolished barcelona 7-0 on aggregate and got thrashed themselves 5-0 by real on aggregate, since he left other managers have been able to easily keep winning the bundesliga. Before pep arrived dortmund had been stronger and leverkusen had been stronger etc so whatever happened long ago and whether they'd won more than 3 in a row or not, it doesn't change him underachieving with that team

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It won't be a surprise if he becomes Al Nassr's manager if Ronaldo has a problem with Rudi Garcia.
He will go wherever money goes. All the talks about him 'stops befriending City if they violated rules' is just for PR.

kthanksbye

As much as I would love for him to walk, which I think would hurt City more than any point penalty, I don't think he will or it would be a good idea. He'll be closing doors to PSG, Chelsea and Newcastle too. He's done Bayern, won't manage Madrid, Juve can't pay him like other top clubs, , can he go back to Barca? don't know, Xavi is building something interesting there.
I'd have taken him but with ETH I don't want him. There really are very few clubs he can go to. Spain or Brazil NT maybe?