Pepe

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Signing him would be kind of stupid, he'll be 36 just right off the bat and probably would need a couple months to reach settle but you can't trust he'll be a success so a contract beyond June would be a problem.

If you sign him until June he probably won't bother doing his best for United, and if you sign him for 18 months then you're adding a problem for the next manager and the future makeover of the roster, a team with problems at the back could take a chance on him for a desperate push (Barcelona with Umtiti's problems and only Pique/Lenglet for example), but United wouldn't be a good fit for both parts imo

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Signing him would be kind of stupid, he'll be 36 just right off the bat and probably would need a couple months to reach settle but you can't trust he'll be a success so a contract beyond June would be a problem.

If you sign him until June he probably won't bother doing his best for United, and if you sign him for 18 months then you're adding a problem for the next manager and the future makeover of the roster, a team with problems at the back could take a chance on him for a desperate push (Barcelona with Umtiti's problems and only Pique/Lenglet for example), but United wouldn't be a good fit for both parts imo
Of course he will not sign. Not only age but Mourinho and him can't stand each other. @Peyroteo was wrong on this call.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Wouldn't be a bad time to sign for an MLS team as it's their off season. He could have a few weeks off now, do their pre-season then have a full campaign over there before possible retirement.

Think China are on a similar schedule, both leagues starting up around the beginning of March.

Hubal

I thought you meant Nicolas Pepe from Lille. Banged 11 goals this season so far

gaucho_10

Mourinho made him a cnut and he stopped being one the moment Mourinho left Madrid.
As to why he's playing in Turkey, he's got Mendes to thank for that.

At his peak he was a better defender then anyone in EPL at the time.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

18 month contract + 1 year option. He's 35, not 40. I'm not saying it's the best option possible but it definitely wouldn't be a bad one as long as he accepts resonable wages.

Why would it be a problem for the next manager? Adding more quality would only help him, it would give them an actual chance at having some kind of success in the Champions League this season too as he's the kind of experienced centreback that would really make a difference there.

Anyway, the post was made to start a discussion on where he was going next, rather than just if he was a good option for United or not.

beergod

Mourinho made him a cnut and he stopped being one the moment Mourinho left Madrid.
As to why he's playing in Turkey, he's got Mendes to thank for that.

At his peak he was a better defender then anyone in EPL at the time.
He was always a cnut.

RAVred

Our team can barely play with 11 men, dont need 10 men half the games to make it harder.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Our team can barely play with 11 men, dont need 10 men half the games to make it harder.
Last time he was sent off was in 2014... his thug reputation hasn't been apropriate for a long time now.

spwd

I'd take him. Better than Jones. Has matured into a slightly less cnuty version of himself, although still a serious cnut.

Really?, when did this happen?

One of the most odious players I've ever had the displeasure to watch on a football pitch.

There's a limit to who I'm willing to accept as a Manchester United player and Pepe dived right past it.
Yup, I wouldn’t piss on him if he was on fire the cnut!

Think I'd prefer John Terry tbh.
Says it all that.

Ban

Mourinho made him a cnut. :lol:

Given 30 is considered old here I am at shock some would take him at United. Oh and he's a cnut.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Mourinho made him a cnut. :lol:

Given 30 is considered old here I am at shock some would take him at United. Oh and he's a cnut.
That's the easiest job anyone ever had.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Believe me they don't like each other I know what I am saying. Regarding the rest is like I said he will always be underapreciated because he isn't a fashionable guy, but I actuallly know a guy who worked inside the Portuguese Football Federation who says he is by far the nicest player on the NT. Not even going to bother dismisssing he wouldn't play in England where William Fecking Boly looks a football player. :lol:
Not sure why you have the need to have constant digs at the epl in this thread? As far as I’ve read, people have doubts about his reputation and his age, not because he never played in the epl?

Also, during his prime at Madrid, a lot of this board rated him up there with Ramos - some probably thought he was the better defender of the 2.

Just a bit weird that you’re getting so defensive because people don’t rate him as highly anymore (he’s 35 or so, so that’s understandable imo) and his past antics hasn’t endeared him to many, which again, is quite fair - similarly to how Neymar isn’t universally well liked these days.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Not sure why you have the need to have constant digs at the epl in this thread? As far as I’ve read, people have doubts about his reputation and his age, not because he never played in the epl?

Also, during his prime at Madrid, a lot of this board rated him up there with Ramos - some probably thought he was the better defender of the 2.

Just a bit weird that you’re getting so defensive because people don’t rate him as highly anymore (he’s 35 or so, so that’s understandable imo) and his past antics hasn’t endeared him to many, which again, is quite fair - similarly to how Neymar isn’t universally well liked these days.
Defensive for what? No problem with that. If you have the chance to read I said it would make no sense. But yes I think his carreer is underapreciated here because he has himself to blame but also people don't bother to see if he keeps doing the things he normally did 5 years ago.

I have no problem reading he can"t do this or that but saying he couldn't play on the Premier League for a club when you have players like Boly or Bennet who are only normal players is just soundbytes of people who never bothered to watch him beside their usual dislike about his personality.

And I don't need to be defensive, I only say is pathetic to judge a player performance or carrer based on not liking his beahaviour. For me this is football, its not cricket or to drink a cup of tea, if the game was only about well behaved people we maybe should all go to the stadiums and expect noble actions. Well I don't because I am not perfect and I find there is a lot of hypocrisy regarding football fans demanding others to be role models like everyone is the same.

Also I can say that there are a lot of good players outside the Premier League, or is that forbiden too? Anyway its only a opinion, we still live on a democracy I guess. :)

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Defensive for what? No problem with that. If you have the chance to read I said it would make no sense. But yes I think his carreer is underapreciated here because he has himself to blame but also people don't bother to see if he keeps doing the things he normally did 5 years ago.

I have no problem reading he can"t do this or that but saying he couldn't play on the Premier League for a club when you have players like Boly or Bennet who are only normal players is just soundbytes of people who never bothered to watch him beside their usual dislike about his personality.

And I don't need to be defensive, I only say is pathetic to judge a player performance or carrer based on not liking his beahaviour. For me this is football, its not cricket or to drink a cup of tea, if the game was only about well behaved people we maybe should all go to the stadiums and expect noble actions. Well I don't because I am not perfect and I find there is a lot of hypocrisy regarding football fans demanding others to be role models like everyone is the same.

Also I can say that there are a lot of good players outside the Premier League, or is that forbiden too? Anyway its only a opinion, we still live on a democracy I guess. :)
But I don’t think his career is under appreciated. From what I’ve read on here anyway, during his prime with Madrid, I think the vast majority would have undoubtedly rated him as world class.

And I don’t necessarily agree with it, but doubting whether a 35 year old could handle the intensity seems valid (I mean in case of Zlatan, he still thrived so Pepe could well do the same).

But yeah, about bringing morality into football - I think there are a ton of double standards amongst fans, for sure.

And, again, I’m not sure what you’re referring to with your “can I say there are a ton of good players outside of the PL or is that forbidden too?” bit? Has anyone in here said the opposite or said Pepe isn’t good enough because he’s never played in the mighty PL?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
But I don’t think his career is under appreciated. From what I’ve read on here anyway, during his prime with Madrid, I think the vast majority would have undoubtedly rated him as world class.

And I don’t necessarily agree with it, but doubting whether a 35 year old could handle the intensity seems valid (I mean in case of Zlatan, he still thrived so Pepe could well do the same).

But yeah, about bringing morality into football - I think there are a ton of double standards amongst fans, for sure.

And, again, I’m not sure what you’re referring to with your “can I say there are a ton of good players outside of the PL or is that forbidden too?” bit? Has anyone in here said the opposite or said Pepe isn’t good enough because he’s never played in the mighty PL?
Fair enough everything can be discussed its just the fact players like Neymar or Pepe are not judged the same way as other players but that is another issue.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Fair enough everything can be discussed its just the fact players like Neymar or Pepe are not judged the same way as other players but that is another issue.
I agree. There’s definitely a double standard and most of it is probably borne out of tribalism.

If United had a world class player who acted a twat - I think majority (not all!) would probably make up excuses for them. But if the same player is from a rival or another club, some would look for any reason to dislike them.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I agree. There’s definitely a double standard and most of it is probably borne out of tribalism.

If United had a world class player who acted a twat - I think majority (not all!) would probably make up excuses for them. But if the same player is from a rival or another club, some would look for any reason to dislike them.
Tbh I don't think anyone believes he will play in England but he would thrive under Warnock to Make Cardiff Great Again!!!

gaucho_10

He was always a cnut.

Yeah, he's not like those proud and fair EPL players. William Wallace every single one of them.

Pepe ended first seson under Carlo with 1 yellow card in the league during the whole season so enough with the bullshit. He gets carried away easily and Mourinho (the real cnut here) used that for his purpose. Now the two hate each other and there's no point in rewriting history.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Well if he was such a nice guy he should have honoured a contract that he signed instead of buying himself out of it and not seeing it through. Basically he chose money over football. I don’t think he is underrated, I think he is in the top defenders of his generation but he had an absolute horrible streak, it wasn’t even a provoked one, he just seemed to like being how he was. We all know the YouTube vids and someone will post some sooner or later.
He rescinded his contract with Beşiktaş to help them with their financial troubles. He paid for the salaries of all the cooking staff and several other members of the club before leaving.

Stadjer

Even when everyone hated him and he was doing his weird agressive things he was one of the very best defenders in the world. Quick, strong, good positioning and good footballing ability. I havent seen him play for a while (he did fine at the WC and that was the last i saw of him) but if he still is or close to his Madrid level he would be our best defender if he joined.

Somehow i have always liked him. There is no excuse for him kicking someone who is on the floor and the other things he did but i think those things did cloud judgement from a lot of people which causes them to underrate him. I think he was a better defender than Ramos for example.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
@carvajal @Vato we need to start lobbying Flo to bring him back :drool:
If he returns, the Bernabéu falls.
Bloodthirsty and everyone singing "Pepe mátalo" :lol:
if he could accept a low contract I would not mind until June but I guess that it's time for a retirement destination.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If he returns, the Bernabéu falls.
Bloodthirsty and everyone singing "Pepe mátalo" :lol:
if he could accept a low contract I would not mind until June but I guess that it's time for a retirement destination.
We desperately need a CB right now for depth. He's good, experienced, knows the team, we love him, he could come to be 3rd choice for this and next season and fix a hole

And i get to sing "Pepe matalo!" again :lol:
:drool:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
We desperately need a CB right now for depth. He's good, experienced, knows the team, we love him, he could come to be 3rd choice for this and next season and fix a hole

And i get to sing "Pepe matalo!" again :lol:
:drool:
I am afraid that It did not end well with Florentino, although in this case I would have offered him the three years he asked for.
Besides the rumor that he was the snitch of the press/board with Zidane

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Pepe has that rare combination of being a nasty tackler AND a diving cnut.

Like Vinny Jones and Neymar having a child.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
If I am not wrong he had to leave because Besiktas is with financial problems. And he also helped to pay some money to the working staff there. Not bad for a diver and shit person as he was described here. Imagine if he was a good person.