Pepe

A-man

Thought he had a great game vs Juve so I had to check his stats in that match. He had 18 clearances! 18! That’s insane.

bakalhau

I wanna give a shout out to this guy. Not sure if other fellow Portuguese or anyone else really agrees, but he was superb today.

He's eternal, apparently.

arnie_ni

I wanna give a shout out to this guy. Not sure if other fellow Portuguese or anyone else really agrees, but he was superb today.

I can't recall a game for Portugal he's been definitively poor in tbh. Great servant, be interesting to see can he hold out for the world Cup in what 18 months?

Flying high

I thought he was amazing. He looked pretty good up front as well. That pass from Bruno though, expecting him to sprint into the corner at that stage :D

arnie_ni

I thought he was amazing. He looked pretty good up front as well. That pass from Bruno though, expecting him to sprint into the corner at that stage :D
It wasn't to pepe, it was to the left back who just looked at it and it caught pepe off guard, I thought.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The two best defenders on the field were 38 and 35. Mad, that

MrEleson

An absolute juggernaut of a defender. Was interesting to see him in that hybrid midfielder/forward role at the end.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He's far from his physical peak, but still enough to not let himself being bullied by Lukaku. Ending the game as a forward also happened back at Porto, he's actually quite skilled for a defender. You could actually make a very good passing and dummies compilation with him. but as he is very aggressive people tend to ignore that part of his game.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is arguably the best CB of last decade, such a complete player.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
You love to have him in your team. Thorgan went in on Dalot and Pepe put one on him as you should :) People over play that side of his game.

He's far from his physical peak, but still enough to not let himself being bullied by Lukaku. Ending the game as a forward also happened back at Porto, he's actually quite skilled for a defender. You could actually make a very good passing and dummies compilation with him. but as he is very aggressive people tend to ignore that part of his game.
He played as a DM for Maritimo didn't he ?

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He played as a DM for Maritimo didn't he ?
He was a CB, but as his skill, agressivity and pace was much higher than any other anchor they had in the team they used him there. I think Co Adriansee or whatever his name is written also used him as a DM in a lot of games, if I'm not mistaken

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
About to turn 40 in a couple of months. Some longevity there. What a beast he has been.

Oldham

What a defender he is, a beast. Turning 40 soon!!
Seen him live and he's an excellent footballer also.
I love him and also hate him. If he'd played for us, there would be no hate.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Really cool to still see him around and playing like that.

galwayfa

i like him, i like the cnutish things he done, i played 100 levels below him, but to get that bit extra, i have no problem with it, both sides looking for throw in, they all are cheating, great defender, should be posted who better him and Ramos

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Best defender of his generation. Why did Madrid let him go?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Turns out he is the rarest Pepe of them all. 40 years of hard work, dedication and being a twat makes you an eternally good CB. Noted.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
Needs a quick wide player running at him
Literally last year (or 2 years ago?) we played France in the Nations League and often Pepe had no issues to catch up to Mbappé's speed.
Sure he is older now but seems to have the same physique.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Best defender of his generation. Why did Madrid let him go?
At that point, it was either let Pepe play, or let the much younger Varane go.

Sometimes tough choices must be made, having said that, and despite his pace, Pepe was always a better defender than Varane for me.

Oranges038

Always reminds me of this, just look at what some great players have said about him.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Always reminds me of this, just look at what some great players have said about him.

You can easily make videos like that from most of the top center backs, with the exception where he tries to kick the shit out of a guy who dives in the box and the ref gives a penalty :D

Now with the VAR, shithousery is going to become a thing from the past or from lower divisions.

Zen

You can easily make videos like that from most of the top center backs, with the exception where he tries to kick the shit out of a guy who dives in the box and the ref gives a penalty :D

Now with the VAR, shithousery is going to become a thing from the past or from lower divisions.
Nah, even with VAR, you could easily videos like for any top player!

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Literally last year (or 2 years ago?) we played France in the Nations League and often Pepe had no issues to catch up to Mbappé's speed.
Sure he is older now but seems to have the same physique.
Blessed genetics (and training discipline too, off course)

poleglass red

fair play to him. He won't be overly tested you'd imagine in the Morocco game. They'd have a nice run in the knock out stages. There's a lack of quality centre forwards these days,a lot of teams threat comes from the wide men cutting in.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He’s honestly amazing. Their is no reason he should still be this good at 40.

Easily one of the best center backs of the last 20 years who would start in almost any side in the world in his prime.

A player you hate to play against but one you would kill to have in your team.