Pep's spending is insane (£941m and counting at City)

tomaldinho1

Paypal Guardiola lol

In all honesty he's a great manager and produces great footballing teams. He has however had a very easy ride and his best years were at Barca where he was fortuitous enough to have a pile of Ballon D'Or nominees just about to come through the youth ranks. Let's remember Enrique took over from him and bossed it, beat his win percentage and changing tactics.

ti vu

Now you and others are shifting the goal-posts.

Is the measure of a genius winning against the odds? Is that a necessary AND sufficient criteria for genius? Or is it winning against the odds more than once? Is that a necessary AND sufficient criteria for genius?

If either of those are true, then yes, Guardiola fails to be a genius by that definition, because for the Caf, you aren't working against the odds unless you go to the Championship and bring a team there the treble.

I just think that it's a really nonsensical way of defining a genius. It's not done in other fields. Imagine not calling Newton a genius because he didn't come up with gravity while working in the coal mines. Hmph... anyone can think of that while sitting under an apple tree.
What moving goal post?

That's my first post in that discussion. other posters clearly use SAF Mourinho... example with mention to their ability to repeat similar feat. You came up with Di Matteo point but isolating the other point of argument. I was simply clarifying the point.

The genius management is continuously defying the odd. No need to going to Championship side, just go to serial bottler like Inter punch over the weight would be sufficient.

Your analogy is nonsensical. The whole Gravity Law is a work. There is a long way from theory to being accepted. The world didn't see the same despite knowing the apple will drop at the time and Newton went to prove his point. His tool? The available accepted scientific method at the time. By the sound of your post, you assume Newton after the apple incident went to talk to others and they accepted the gravity law at face value and accept the kid as genius?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
:lol: Better and worse at the same time.
Not worse, because his point is stupid anyway. We had maybe three summers under SAF when we really splashed out - 1998 when we brought in Yorke, Stam and Blomqvist, 2001 when we got Veron, RVN and Blanc, and 2007 with Hargreaves, Tevez and Nani and Anderson.

In addition, SAF was always happy to spend heavily on individual talents - Keane in 1992, Ferdinand in 2002, Rooney in 2004, Berbatov in 2008, RVP in 2012.

I may be forgetting some pre-1992 spending.

Taking into account his entire time here, our spending under SAF never really reflected our status as one of Europe's biggest, richest clubs.

But it's interesting that he started with 1996 - we won the double that year after selling three first XI starters and replacing them with youth, and that in many ways laid the foundations for the success we went on to have for the rest of the SAF period. There is nothing in SAF's spending record that can be remotely compared to what City are doing right now (or even what we have done since his retirement).

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Ferguson, Mourinho and Simeone all have claims to "genius" status over Pep having won major titles despite significant economic disadvantages.

Ferguson leveraged breaking up the Scottish duopoly and winning European silverware with Aberdeen into the Manchester United job where expenses were no longer an issue. He further proved his genius by dominating the PL, adjusting to the introduction of petro dollars and rebuilding title squads many times over.

Mourinho won CL trebles with Porto and Inter. Neither club were viewed as financial powerhouses. At Inter he used a player+cash swap for Eto'o to finance his squad building and delivered a treble. Obviously Mourinho has also spent big money at Chelsea, Real and now United, but he's proven he can compete and win at the highest levels even without being among the biggest spenders.

Simeone broke up the Spanish duopoly of Barcelona and Real in La Liga and got Atletico to the CL finals twice. He will likely have the opportunity to make a step up in his career at some point to one of the bigger spending clubs when he wants.

IMO genius should be about punching above your weight and doing things in which the odds were totally stacked against you. Buying and maximizing elite talent as Pep has done throughout his career is great coaching, but personally I don't consider it genius. It's reasonable to disagree on the standards of genius.
That is not what genius means, by any dictionary definition or common usage. Fair enough if your requirement to be a tier 1 coach means succeeding against the odds (even if those odds are conveniently defined), however that cuts out the likes of Michels, Sacchi, Cryuff, Guardiola, Wenger, etc... who may have not had to slog through metaphorical minefields while achieving things on the field, but were/are recognized as cream of the crop in their profession for unique insight to what they brought to the game, and helped stretch the envelope regarding tactical developement. If your definition of genius only has room for Ferguson, Mourinho, and Simeone, based on their trophies, not the top levels of their teams on the pitch... nah keep that. Football is much bigger than what happens at the end of the season. And a lot of delinations in that thread are myopic in that sense.

tomaldinho1

The sheer domination of Barcelona during Pep, and the domination of City this season (12 points clear at the moment) was not expected. Show me a post on the caf around the summer of 2008, predicting years of dominance for Barcelona at the top. Show me a post on the caf who predicted City would run away with the league. These things are only expected... in hindsight, which tells you something.
I thought most ppl thought they would run away with it last year (completely wrong) and this year (completely right).

There was the hope the Mou could stifle them and keep pace, which is semi accurate in that Man Utd are second but anyone with half a brain and a basic understanding of football could see that they'd be heavy favorites given the players that came in. Take nothing away from them, they are where they are in the league but it's kind of where you'd expect them to be right?

kidbob

Wonder if you moaned about the overall quality of the Premier League and the title being traded between the same two or three teams every season when you were spending all the cash and winning the league every fecking year between 1996 and 2011. Let someone else have a go.
Ah lad, look Pep is a bloody brilliant coach. However if you want genius then let him win and dominate a League on a Glazer budget against the might of Abrambovic Chelsea. The dates you quote are stupid. Liverpool spent as much as we did in the 90s and we dominated. That's not to mention we won in 99 against much richer foreign clubs with much higher wage budgets (Edwards was known for being quite tight). Then Wenger came along and we again beat that. Then Chelsea came along with all their millions and we beat that. Win a League with Cleverly in midfield and we'll talk about Pep being the best. I'm a Pep fan but it's not unreasonable to say that he's had favourable conditions to perform in his career. Jose gets a lot of shit but he won a CL with Porto for God's sake (even if he got very lucky against us in the process). I'm not a begrudger at all, enjoy your clubs success as long as it lasts. However don't be like Pep and try to take the moral high ground when there's none to take. Welcome to life at the top, if you don't have begrudgers you ain't doing well. SAF was mystical, don't act like Pep is yet but he may well get there.

adexkola

Supports
I thought most ppl thought they would run away with it last year (completely wrong) and this year (completely right).

There was the hope the Mou could stifle them and keep pace, which is semi accurate in that Man Utd are second but anyone with half a brain and a basic understanding of football could see that they'd be heavy favorites given the players that came in. Take nothing away from them, they are where they are in the league but it's kind of where you'd expect them to be right?
No, I didn't see that. The common expectation here was for us to challenge with City. A significant proportion of posters had us winning the league, or finishing a very, very close second. And no one had City beating us at Old Trafford, and losing only 4 points in the league around January.

I stand corrected if there are posts to the contrary.

Josep Dowling

The league was such a pedestrian level for Bayern, the same way the PL is such a pedestrian level this season for City. The common factor is Pep. If you think it's cash, then why doesn't Jose spend more, if it's that easy?
I half agree with you but at the same time this just isn’t true. Firstly United can’t spend as much as City. Whilst they can make big transfers there is now sufficient difference in spending and they still want to keep going even though the league is won.

And secondly Jose had to strengthen in areas that were simply more expensive to fill than Pep. Pep had the luxury of players like Aguero, De Bruyne and Silva in his forward 3, and Fernandinho as a solid CM.

I would argue initially that Pep got his strengthening completely wrong in the first season, which he has now rectified to change the entire defence in less than 4 months.

United had spent substantial amounts before Jose arrived but that doesn’t constitute any value in what was purchased. Jose and Pep didn’t start with similar quality squad. It’s no surprise our best players now, bar De Gea, are all Jose’s signing. You could argue all of City’s best players this season were already there before Pep joined.

adexkola

Supports
What moving goal post?

That's my first post in that discussion. other posters clearly use SAF Mourinho... example with mention to their ability to repeat similar feat. You came up with Di Matteo point but isolating the other point of argument. I was simply clarifying the point.
My original point was contesting the notion that in order to be a genius, you had to win against the odds. That definition includes Di Matteo. Your clarification of repeating it (which is moving the goalposts) eliminates Di Matteo, but does that eliminate Benitez? It doesn't. I don't live in a world where Benitez is more of a genius than Guardiola.

The genius management is continuously defying the odd. No need to going to Championship side, just go to serial bottler like Inter punch over the weight would be sufficient.
If that is your definition, then fair enough. It is just a really restrictive definition, almost as nonsensical as my analogy.

Your analogy is nonsensical. The whole Gravity Law is a work. There is a long way from theory to being accepted. The world didn't see the same despite knowing the apple will drop at the time and Newton went to prove his point. His tool? The available accepted scientific method at the time. By the sound of your post, you assume Newton after the apple incident went to talk to others and they accepted the gravity law at face value and accept the kid as genius?
You missed my point. Yes Newton is a genius, regardless of what he went through to get to that point. Brilliance is brilliance. Genius is genius, regardless of the circumstances.

adexkola

Supports
I half agree with you but at the same time this just isn’t true. Firstly United can’t spend as much as City. Whilst they can make big transfers there is now sufficient difference in spending and they still want to keep going even though the league is won.

And secondly Jose had to strengthen in areas that were simply more expensive to fill than Pep. Pep had the luxury of players like Aguero, De Bruyne and Silva in his forward 3, and Fernandinho as a solid CM.

I would argue initially that Pep got his strengthening completely wrong in the first season, which he has now rectified to change the entire defence in less than 4 months.

United had spent substantial amounts before Jose arrived but that doesn’t constitute any value in what was purchased. Jose and Pep didn’t start with similar quality squad. It’s no surprise our best players now, bar De Gea, are all Jose’s signing. You could argue all of City’s best players this season were already there before Pep joined.
Fair enough, I agree.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Not sure if it's been posted but:

Money Spent on Defence:

Man City = £281m

Latvia = £280m

Bosnia = £250m

Armenia = £225m

Paraguay = £145m

Ghana = £120m

Placing them 94th in the world for Defence Budget.

RedDevil@84

Mahrez hands in a transfer request. Spending 50M plus because one of your players is injured.. Only happens at this poverty stricken club

ti vu

My original point was contesting the notion that in order to be a genius, you had to win against the odds. That definition includes Di Matteo. Your clarification of repeating it (which is moving the goalposts) eliminates Di Matteo, but does that eliminate Benitez? It doesn't. I don't live in a world where Benitez is more of a genius than Guardiola.

If that is your definition, then fair enough. It is just a really restrictive definition, almost as nonsensical as my analogy.

You missed my point. Yes Newton is a genius, regardless of what he went through to get to that point. Brilliance is brilliance. Genius is genius, regardless of the circumstances.
Did you read my post entirely? Moving the goal post what. You ignored other posters; point about repeating the feat of fighting against the odd. Benitez failed top level is proven, but he did well for his level to even get Madrid gig. Where is Benitez was more genius than Pep come from?

You ignore that you need to prove yourself being a genius. The thought of gravity law can come across many people, but to be able to prove it, that's the genius. It's a person against the world (of scholars). Using the analogy the way you imply it's like this based on Pep path to the top: Newton dad did most of the hard lifting: experimenting, data collecting, arranging to get him prove his point against world renowned scholars at his time... All Newton needs is to process the data . Yes to process all that and make it understandable to the audience is genius in itself. In the scenario, the best scholar, researchers among others? Not so sure.

Dansk

Pep's managerial credentials will never be fully proven to me until he is given something less than the very best material to work with. We simply have never seen him in a job where it was obvious that it was his managerial skills - and not the players at that club, or the absolutely, mindblowingly, destructively ludicrous money - that did the job. There's no doubt he's competent, but until he has had to work without those advantages propping him up, he shouldn't be considered the greatest. He has only ever been able to do it with those special advantages. He has simply never done it without that +1 to prop him up. He has never had a really difficult job.

He managed Barcelona when Messi and Iniesta were at their peak. Of course he was going to win.

He managed Bayern when no other German team was even trying to challenge them. Of course he was going to win.

He now manages City and spends so vastly more than any other club that it's absurd. Of course he's going to win.

If he can win without these perks, I'll believe that he's all that. But he doesn't even seem willing to try, so I don't. He stands out to me as a manager who's good but can only work when everything is in his favour, and quits when it isn't. If your approach only works when you get to have the wind in your back while others are working against the wind, maybe you aren't truly the best ever.

Last edited:

Brophs

The One and Only
I, for one, am thrilled to see plucky underdogs, Manchester City, doing so well against all the odds.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Not sure if it's been posted but:

Money Spent on Defence:

Man City = £281m

Latvia = £280m

Bosnia = £250m

Armenia = £225m

Paraguay = £145m

Ghana = £120m

Placing them 94th in the world for Defence Budget.
:lol:

adexkola

Supports
Did you read my post entirely?
Probably not. Then again, I got quoted by over 10 posters, some things may have slipped through.

Moving the goal post what. You ignored other posters; point about repeating the feat of fighting against the odd. Benitez failed top level is proven, but he did well for his level to even get Madrid gig. Where is Benitez was more genius than Pep come from?
1. I know what you said. I also know what other people said. You responded to my reply to other posters.

2. I am saying, that any definition of "genius" that includes Benitez yet excludes Guardiola, is a fatally flawed definition.

You ignore that you need to prove yourself being a genius. The thought of gravity law can come across many people, but to be able to prove it, that's the genius. It's a person against the world (of scholars). Using the analogy the way you imply it's like this based on Pep path to the top: Newton dad did most of the hard lifting: experimenting, data collecting, arranging to get him prove his point against world renowned scholars at his time... All Newton needs is to process the data . Yes to process all that and make it understandable to the audience is genius in itself. In the scenario, the best scholar, researchers among others? Not so sure.
No shit. Of course Newton, in addition to having a stroke of inspiration, compiled the mathematical proofs, invented an entire field of mathematics (along with the German bloke who's last name begins with L), and was able to scientifically link force with movement. Yes, there was effort expended.

Now, imagine me, 2 centuries later, dismissing his efforts as something "anyone could do" because he was born with a silver spoon, grew up in a privileged household, and was immune from the common want.

That's what this thread is.

AR87

That is not what genius means, by any dictionary definition or common usage. Fair enough if your requirement to be a tier 1 coach means succeeding against the odds (even if those odds are conveniently defined), however that cuts out the likes of Michels, Sacchi, Cryuff, Guardiola, Wenger, etc... who may have not had to slog through metaphorical minefields while achieving things on the field, but were/are recognized as cream of the crop in their profession for unique insight to what they brought to the game, and helped stretch the envelope regarding tactical developement. If your definition of genius only has room for Ferguson, Mourinho, and Simeone, based on their trophies, not the top levels of their teams on the pitch... nah keep that. Football is much bigger than what happens at the end of the season. And a lot of delinations in that thread are myopic in that sense.
I'm not going to name every manager in football I consider a genius, but I gave you 3 off the top of my head and explained why. I don't particularly care what the dictionary definition is or how people use it commonly since neither of those really encompasses it's usage in identifying "genius" managers in football.

Pep is a great coach who has shown that he can create teams capable of playing dominating and extremely attacking football with world class talents at his disposal. That's actually impressive and not something every manager can do. He does deserve credit for that, but to me creating systems that allow overwhelming talent to dominate teams incapable of competing on a level playing field isn't genius.

Lucas Buck

This is what Pep is saying now (from bbc):
""I understand the criticism, but we have spent £300m on six players," said Guardiola, adding the £43m spent on midfielder Bernardo Silva to the outlay on defensive players.

"Others have done it on two. We had a lot of older players out of contract. To compete we needed to spend. A club can decide to spend on two players. We did it in a different way.""

I wonder which teams he means by that. Only one that comes to mind is PSG and comparing your spending to them is laughable. Also which ones of their defenders are too old and out of contract. Kompany is the oldest and his 31 and I think he has one more year in his contract. Pep is trying really hard but this is becoming sad.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s a hypocrite for complaining about not having money then spends £57m on another defender and is now willing to spend £50m+ on a player who will be a squad player when Sane is fit.

I like the football his teams play & his record as manager is fantastic, but this idea he has built great teams & develops players without buying is bullshit. Every great manager has spent big money to improve their squad & Pep is no different but for some reason he never gets the same criticism & people seem oblivious to his transfer dealings.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
""I understand the criticism, but we have spent £300m on six players," said Guardiola, adding the £43m spent on midfielder Bernardo Silva to the outlay on defensive players.

"Others have done it on two. We had a lot of older players out of contract. To compete we needed to spend. A club can decide to spend on two players. We did it in a different way.""

I wonder which teams he means by that. Only one that comes to mind is PSG and comparing your spending to them is laughable. Also which ones of their defenders are too old and out of contract. Kompany is the oldest and his 31 and I think he has one more year in his contract. Pep is trying really hard but this is becoming sad.
Sagna, Zabaleta and Clichy.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
He’s a hypocrite for complaining about not having money then spends £57m on another defender and is now willing to spend £50m+ on a player who will be a squad player when Sane is fit.

I like the football his teams play & his record as manager is fantastic, but this idea he has built great teams & develops players without buying is bullshit. Every great manager has spent big money to improve their squad & Pep is no different but for some reason he never gets the same criticism & people seem oblivious to his transfer dealings.
Sure. As a typical hypocrite, he loves to compliment a lot of people in an exaggerated manner.

adexkola

Supports
I'm not going to name every manager in football I consider a genius, but I gave you 3 off the top of my head and explained why. I don't particularly care what the dictionary definition is or how people use it commonly since neither of those really encompasses it's usage in identifying "genius" managers in football.

Pep is a great coach who has shown that he can create teams capable of playing dominating and extremely attacking football with world class talents at his disposal. That's actually impressive and not something every manager can do. He does deserve credit for that, but to me creating systems that allow overwhelming talent to dominate teams incapable of competing on a level playing field isn't genius.
Your definition of genius (which you're entitled to), is nonsense then.

I would dismiss any definition that didn't make room for Mourinho, Simeone or Ferguson either.

Sterling Archer

Why did they pull out of the Sanchez deal then?
After seeing the photos and comments about Sanchez having a soft spot for United, I’d say the player made his preference count.

It would also explain the pathetic media game played by City affiliates after the decision was made.

Oranges mate. It was always the oranges.

reddaz71

Imagine being a youth team player at City ie Foden, must be absolutely demoralising.

City shamelessly trying to buy trophies and glory with a scattergun approach before FFP2 kicks in!

tomaldinho1

No, I didn't see that. The common expectation here was for us to challenge with City. A significant proportion of posters had us winning the league, or finishing a very, very close second. And no one had City beating us at Old Trafford, and losing only 4 points in the league around January.

I stand corrected if there are posts to the contrary.
I'm not going back to find posts but it's rational to think some fans had us winning the league and others probably didn't. Losing the derby at OT was widely feared (again I'm sure some fans had us winning but I remember the forums being pretty undecided) so I'll disagree there but agree on the points haul, most expected the gap to be smaller than it is.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG

Great coach but ridiculous man.

City: specialist in the art of overpaying average defenders

RedDevilRoshi

Imagine being a youth team player at City ie Foden, must be absolutely demoralising.

City shamelessly trying to buy trophies and glory with a scattergun approach before FFP2 kicks in!
What difference will that even make? I’m sure there will be some loopholes around that.

ti vu

Probably not. Then again, I got quoted by over 10 posters, some things may have slipped through.

1. I know what you said. I also know what other people said. You responded to my reply to other posters.

2. I am saying, that any definition of "genius" that includes Benitez yet excludes Guardiola, is a fatally flawed definition.

No shit. Of course Newton, in addition to having a stroke of inspiration, compiled the mathematical proofs, invented an entire field of mathematics (along with the German bloke who's last name begins with L), and was able to scientifically link force with movement. Yes, there was effort expended.

Now, imagine me, 2 centuries later, dismissing his efforts as something "anyone could do" because he was born with a silver spoon, grew up in a privileged household, and was immune from the common want.

That's what this thread is.
The thing is you compare Pep type of genius to Newton's genius of doing it all (going against the agenda of the time).

Has Pep proven himself to manage to punch above his weight? Why was Pep not long ago considered a coach for young players? Why Pep talking about other teams paying money when he's also doing the same and even spending more sum? The same man accused teams not long ago not giving youth chance by spending for transfer, now doing the opposite.

bleedred

Imagine if they didn't have the core of Kompany,Silva, Fernandinho, Aguero and KDB!!!!!... The spend would have crossed a billion by now!

adexkola

Supports
The thing is you compare Pep type of genius to Newton's genius of doing it all (going against the agenda of the time).

Has Pep proven himself to manage to punch above his weight? Why was Pep not long ago considered a coach for young players? Why Pep talking about other teams paying money when he's also doing the same and even spending more sum? The same man accused teams not long ago not giving youth chance by spending for transfer, now doing the opposite.
I am not comparing Pep to Newton, before you get me branded as @FCBarca reincarnated. Let's just pretend I never used that analogy, since the point is being lost. As to your questions...

1. He has punched above his weight with his Barcelona, who most consider to be the greatest club side ever. Rijkaard, Enrique, Tata and co, with the same core of players, didn't extract what Guardiola extracted. I'd argue that prior to Laporte's purchase he was punching above his weight with City. Delph was supposed to be targeted by every winger in the league. Stones is shit according to the Caf. De Bruyne moving deep was Guardiola fecking around for the sake of things. And so on.

2. His City side look incredibly young. Sane, Sterling, Jesus, Stones, Zinchenko, B Silva...

3. Because he's a hypocrite. As most managers are.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Can't say I blame him for spending, most managers would do that. I only don't rate him as some kind of revolutionary because of that.
What gets on my tits is that hilarious stance they did take with Sanchez and extremely annoying media narrative behind City and him like he is something great for English football.

“This is a man who leaves an indelible stain wherever he goes. In 2010 Spain won the World Cup with six of Pep’s title-winning Barcelona players in their starting lineup for the final. One of his players got the winner. In 2014 Germany won the World Cup with six of Pep’s title-winning Bayern Munich players in their starting lineup for the final. One of his players got the winner.
He is transforming the landscape wherever he lands.
Come to England, we’ll see how good you are. They dared him and now they know.”

On the other hand, Jose is a bad guy while giving full trust to Jones and making him one of the best CB in the league, resurrecting Young career, putting his trust again in Shaw, giving McTominay 10 appearances, regularly playing Rashford and bringing out, not the best, but the beast out of Lingard. I mean, just a little bit of balance and perspective wouldn't hurt in this whole story.

adexkola

Supports
Just because it doesn't agree with your idea of Pep as a genius just doesn't make it nonsense.
True. It is nonsense not because I disagree with it. It's nonsense because you arbitrarily pulled some criteria out your ass that conveniently excluded a manager who's peers (including SAF), past and present players, and experts consider to be a world class innovative manager.

Sterling Archer

Can't say I blame him for spending, most managers would do that. I only don't rate him as some kind of revolutionary because of that.
What gets on my tits is that hilarious stance they did take with Sanchez and extremely annoying media narrative behind City and him like he is something great for English football.

“This is a man who leaves an indelible stain wherever he goes. In 2010 Spain won the World Cup with six of Pep’s title-winning Barcelona players in their starting lineup for the final. One of his players got the winner. In 2014 Germany won the World Cup with six of Pep’s title-winning Bayern Munich players in their starting lineup for the final. One of his players got the winner.
He is transforming the landscape wherever he lands.
Come to England, we’ll see how good you are. They dared him and now they know.”

On the other hand, Jose is a bad guy while giving full trust to Jones and making him one of the best CB in the league, resurrecting Young career, putting his trust again in Shaw, giving McTominay 10 appearances, regularly playing Rashford and bringing out, not the best, but the beast out of Lingard. I mean, just a little bit of balance and perspective wouldn't hurt in this whole story.
Good post. Feel the same way. I respect Pep's trophy cabinet but it's harder and harder to be gracious about it with the overwhelming favoritism.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Sagna, Zabaleta and Clichy.
And Demichelis's contract had just expired before he arrived, who'd actually been our best CB under Pellegrini for about a season and a half (sums up our defence) and still played eighteen league games in his last season. The defence he inherited was Zabaleta, Sagna, Kompany, Otamendi, Mangala, Kolarov, Clichy. Joe Hart in net. That is a defence in desperate need of an overhaul. The only genuine talent there was Otamendi, excluding Kompany due to his injuries. In fact it's quite bizarre that he only added Stones to it in his first season, aside from the inevitable replacement of Hart.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Imagine if they didn't have the core of Kompany,Silva, Fernandinho, Aguero and KDB!!!!!... The spend would have crossed a billion by now!
:lol:

Why stop there? Why not imagine if we didn't have any players, or any staff, or even a pitch to play on?