Per Simon Stone: Our net spent is more than other European club in the last three years

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If we spend so much, we should be competing for the highest honors and not just Mickey Mouse cup. It is good that we are spending, but it is bad we are not competing at the same level as other clubs who spend so much as well

dal

We have brought brilliantly while Ole has been here and he has transformed the club.

I said last year that we had the fourth best squad hence we overachieved I would think last year.

£80 million Maguire
£50 million AWB
£16 million James
£45 million Bruno
£34 million Van de Beek
£72 million Sancho
£42 million Varane

We probably over spent on AWB but at that moment we were probably desperate to shore up our defence. You can see as our squad has improved so have our deals. I’m very very happy with the above.

Our spending is much more astute and I can’t see us being ripped off any longer we just now need good fees when selling, this is more longer term as we need to stop paying fringe players so much in salary.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We have brought brilliantly while Ole has been here and he has transformed the club.

I said last year that we had the fourth best squad hence we overachieved I would think last year.

£80 million Maguire
£50 million AWB
£16 million James
£45 million Bruno
£34 million Van de Beek
£72 million Sancho
£42 million Varane

We probably over spent on AWB but at that moment we were probably desperate to shore up our defence. You can see as our squad has improved so have our deals. I’m very very happy with the above.

Our spending is much more astute and I can’t see us being ripped off any longer we just now need good fees when selling, this is more longer term as we need to stop paying fringe players so much in salary.
Often forgotten that AWB was 21 when we signed him and only 23 now.

dal

Often forgotten that AWB was 21 when we signed him and only 23 now.
Agreed, I’ve highlighted him because that will be the general consensus here.

My own opinion is that he has come on brilliant and I think the fee is fine. I was especially impressed with how his attacking game improved last season, he’s one of my favourite players at the club.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

£80 million Maguire
£50 million AWB
£16 million James
£45 million Bruno
£34 million Van de Beek
£72 million Sancho
£42 million Varane

Is that ever going to stop though? Paying fringe players huge salary?

There is this thing that because you are at United, you deserve to be the highest paid in the world in your profile. It happens around the club all the time, no different for Mata, Ole Gunnar Solksjaer, Lee Grant and you name it. Lee Grant would be one of the best paid players in the Eredivisie especially excluding Ajax, PSV players, and he is the 4th keeper/part of staff.

It doesnt seem to be just related to how good one is, but literally for the sake of being an United player/manager, be one of the best paid in the world despite your profile.