Gaming Persona 5

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
No that's fine, I'm aware there's a deadline once you start a palace. But if I remember correctly my first visit to the palace was my own choice and only after going there I confronted the boss and the timer started.

Now I am at the point where I finished the first one and have not even identified the next target. So I was asking can I just keep on delaying that and keep doing normal stuff. Unless I identify the target there won't be another palace I can go to right?
Yeah just progress and the story will always give you another palace after a week or two.

Moby

Dick
Yeah just progress and the story will always give you another palace after a week or two.
Bastards.
i was thinking it could be like general open world games where you can do as many side quests and build your skills up before attempting the next mission. Was hoping to just chill, do jobs, train, make coffee etc for some time and gearing up well before going into the metaverse again.

Massive Spanner

Bastards.
i was thinking it could be like general open world games where you can do as many side quests and build your skills up before attempting the next mission. Was hoping to just chill, do jobs, train, make coffee etc for some time and gearing up well before going into the metaverse again.
It is to an extent though? Every palace has a deadline. Generally it's around 21-30 days after you first unlock it. In between then you can do whatever you want, as long as you finish it by the deadline. You never have to go in straight away. It's definitely not open world in any way, the story is still linear, but you'll see, it does give you some decent freedom to decide what way to do things.

Moby

Dick
It is to an extent though? Every palace has a deadline. Generally it's around 21-30 days after you first unlock it. In between then you can do whatever you want, as long as you finish it by the deadline. You never have to go in straight away. It's definitely not open world in any way, the story is still linear, but you'll see, it does give you some decent freedom to decide what way to do things.
The first palace deadline was 14 days so if other ones have bigger deadlines that's still better. But yeah its not totally open where in you can just wander around other parts of the game for as long as you want.

What I really want is to improve my confidant bonds as that really seems to help in getting more powerful personas and combat abilities.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
The first palace deadline was 14 days so if other ones have bigger deadlines that's still better. But yeah its not totally open where in you can just wander around other parts of the game for as long as you want.

What I really want is to improve my confidant bonds as that really seems to help in getting more powerful personas and combat abilities.
If you get in the habit of one-daying palaces well in advance of the deadline, it'll help a lot with all the other stuff as you'll have more free days.

Moby

Dick
If you get in the habit of one-daying palaces well in advance of the deadline, it'll help a lot with all the other stuff as you'll have more free days.
Think I did the first one in 3 visits. But yeah the more you play the better you get at saving resources. This is my first game of this kind so don't think that I'd be that good.

el3mel

Bastards.
Yeah it's not open world. It's story heavy.

The main trick is organizing your time and knowing where to go to palace/mementos to save time for ranking confidents.

el3mel

Forget about Ann. Wait for Makoto
I romanced Ann on my playthrough because it was the first female confidant I got the option in to romance, I thought the charm Max thing would be hard for Makoto and I wanted the trophy. :D but I ended up finishing all confidants bar 2 anyway (one of them was the twins).

This happened to me as well in P4G, went with Yukiko because she was the first social link I got the chance to finish.

If I replayed both games I would go with Rise in 4 and Makoto in 5.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Forget about Ann. Wait for Makoto
I was always team Makoto but somehow ended up with that shogi girl when I went to Hawaii. Anyway still need to finish this once I’m done with Cyberpunk.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah, just keep playing. I did romance like 5 of them on my first playthrough. My Joker is an absolute dirty dog

Massive Spanner

Pretty sure I romanced every female character. It's the best way to do it and makes for the funniest Valentine's Day. You also don't really lose out on anything by doing it.

el3mel

This is the Valentine day if you go with the harem route :

Each time I see it I just laugh.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Would people who completed the original recommend Royal? It's about 30 pounds on PSN atm. I thought the original Persona 5 had lots of style but I found the dialouge bloated and boring a lot of time.

Massive Spanner

Would people who completed the original recommend Royal? It's about 30 pounds on PSN atm. I thought the original Persona 5 had lots of style but I found the dialouge bloated and boring a lot of time.
Probably not if that's your takeaway. It was worth it for me because I loved the first game and it added great new content and characters to the game to make it worth going back over two years later so that it still felt fresh but the first 80-100 hours are still basically the same game with a few adjustments and two new confidants, It does address some of the problems with dialogue and the slow start but probably not nearly enough for you.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’ve just passed the 80 hour mark. This game is a behemoth and I’m not even ready for it to end yet.

Currently I’m
about to fight Shido

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’m close to the end now I think.

I cannot get over the throbbing king of desire :lol: it was a pretty normal game up until that suddenly appeared :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Finally finished! Only took 96 hours :lol:

Superb game though. Can’t believe I essentially played it for free.

Moby

Dick
Finally finished! Only took 96 hours :lol:

Superb game though. Can’t believe I essentially played it for free.
I finished Futaba's palace and thats at 55 hours so guess I'm a bit slower. Don't think I've taken much time at any area but the plethora of dialogue takes ages to get through.

Enjoying the story so far. I watched the first few episodes of the anime as well and would probably watch that once I'm done with the game as the story is worth it.

el3mel

I finished Futaba's palace and thats at 55 hours so guess I'm a bit slower. Don't think I've taken much time at any area but the plethora of dialogue takes ages to get through.

Enjoying the story so far. I watched the first few episodes of the anime as well and would probably watch that once I'm done with the game as the story is worth it.
I didn't hear good things about the anime so I skipped it, but I watched Persona 4 animation after I played 4 Golden and it was absolutely hilarious, worth watching alone for the funny scenes.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Been playing this since the new year, can't believe I missed out on it when it first came out one of the best games of last gen easily. I'm on 80 hours and still don't feel like I'm close to finishing it :lol:

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Been playing this since the new year, can't believe I missed out on it when it first came out one of the best games of last gen easily. I'm on 80 hours and still don't feel like I'm close to finishing it :lol:
Dont you feel the constant dialouge gets boring though?

siw2007

Anyone picked up strikers? Obviously can’t be as good as P5 and P5R but really cool so far. There is a depth to the combat that isn’t apparent at first which is still working out, but setting and characters have a nice familiarity. Only shame is that it follows P5 and not P5R.

el3mel

Anyone picked up strikers? Obviously can’t be as good as P5 and P5R but really cool so far. There is a depth to the combat that isn’t apparent at first which is still working out, but setting and characters have a nice familiarity. Only shame is that it follows P5 and not P5R.
Is it out yet ? Steam says it's released Feb 23rd.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Dont you feel the constant dialouge gets boring though?
I've grown to like the main characters so it doesn't bother me much. But I do skip some of the other dialogue that isn't that interesting or important.

el3mel

Cheers. I got mine on the Switch and it plays ok but if you have the option of PS4/PS5 it might be the better pick.
Was planning to try the Steam version. Beside if the Steam version ends up having high sales maybe it will convince them to bump up more Personas on PC.

el3mel

Why are there so many Persona 5’s?
Persona games get a lot of spin offs. 4 had a dancing game and 2 fighting ones as well.

But as a main game there's only really one original and one enhanced edition with more content and QOF improvement (Royal).

These spin offs are mostly canon but they don't affect the main story itself in any way. They just happen after the events of the main game.