Gaming Persona 5

Grib

oh ai, I seen it mentioning the game has a time limit or something, I'd like to think it's not that tight and should have plenty of room for any arsing about (at somepoint) ?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Just stick with it, eventually you will be immersed.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
oh ai, I seen it mentioning the game has a time limit or something, I'd like to think it's not that tight and should have plenty of room for any arsing about (at somepoint) ?
Yeah you have to make use of the different times, work on developing character relations more than anything.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
When those timelines arise you should always aim to complete the objective as soon as possible rather than waiting, as doing so opens new dialogue and side stuff and gives you more time to do them.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
The time limit won't prevent you finishing the game it's just you won't be able to finish off the side character stories which are one of the best things about the game.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Edit - I'm talking about the wrong thing but this is probably helpful to know as well.

Yes, you have to do each dungeon by a certain date, which is usually split in two stages: 1) Finding the treasure (the main bulk of any dungeon) and 2) Fighting the boss. These are done on separate days.

The first page always ends with the group sending a calling card, which then requires a day or two of lead-in so it can affect the real world and then you fight the boss afterwards.

You can usually do this within a couple of days of the time limit (it'll say at the top right when you're giving the mission), or Morgana always provides not-so-subtle hints about when it needs to be done.

If you fail, you're reversed back 10 days in game time or have to revert to an earlier save. It's not a problem really.

Revan

Assumptionman
Started this game.

feck me, it is very complex, and feel a bit lost at times (I just infiltrated the first dungeon). On the other hand, I feel like a kid playing this, a bit like when I discovered Final Fantasy games 10 years ago.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Started this game.

feck me, it is very complex, and feel a bit lost at times (I just infiltrated the first dungeon). On the other hand, I feel like a kid playing this, a bit like when I discovered Final Fantasy games 10 years ago.
Yeah it's great. Complicated but everything will fall into place the more you play.

Revan

Assumptionman
Around 40 hours in (early July, finished the 3rd dungeon).

I am liking it but there is just too much dialogue and not enough gameplay. While I am all for story-heavy games, I feel this is a bit too much.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Around 40 hours in (early July, finished the 3rd dungeon).

I am liking it but there is just too much dialogue and not enough gameplay. While I am all for story-heavy games, I feel this is a bit too much.
Yeah. The dialogue repeats itself a lot and for the most part isn't that interesting. It's certainly not complicated enough to require telling multiple times.

I gather this is more of a 'thing' in Japan where it wants you to exist with the characters like in a slice of life anime. I didn't really care much for that side of the game myself.

Revan

Assumptionman
Around 60 hours, mid-September. I like the game but way too long, and to be fair, it is not a game but an interactive anime.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Around 60 hours, mid-September. I like the game but way too long, and to be fair, it is not a game but an interactive anime.
It's also a terrible game to come back to after a few weeks. I've started it 3 times and the furthest I've got is the 4th dungeon. I do actually like it but it's too much of a commitment.

Irwin99

Loved the game but one big complaint i have with it is that, if you want to maximize every relationship in the game, you really need to finish the dungeons ASAP. I've never left a dungeon until right near the deadline but sometimes it would be nice to pick when i might want to explore it and suffer no consequence.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This is the only game where I was fine with turn based combat as usually I run from it. But despite it being excellent in many regards, it was the same for me - post 50/55 hours I lost my interest and gave up. Im not doing another X palaces with the same darn loop.

Newtonius

Oh cool a lot of diverse interests in this place. Actually been thinking about P5R recently, am i the only one whos a big fan of SMT but never beaten it? Did buy it again on the PC but haven't really touched it since it came out on PS4, it was pretty easy to figure out a lot of the main plot points (like a certain someone who heard mona talking) and i just didn't find it as interesting as Persona 4 despite the obvious improvements to gameplay.

You know, small rural town serial murder case without an excessive amount of fantasy elements etc.

The dialogue was kind of lame too absolutely everything in both the main plot and exploration revolved around the phantom thieves including the NPC's that are moving around the world. That was kind of the fun thing about 4 it wasn't repetitive you had the main case and then a lot of worldbuilding and side conflict off the beaten path if you wanted it, rural life, the gentrification of Junes and the shopping district, Rise, biker gangs etc.

Woodzy

I enjoyed what I played of it but it never felt like a game I could have stuck with for a long period.

It did make me laugh that the first boss was literally a nonce though.

Kylar Stern

Played through this one just before Xmas - I loved it, however I felt the game was weighted too heavily towards dialogue and story and not enough towards exploration and battles.

The palaces and boss fights were superb, Morgana making you stay in at night constantly was not.