Gaming PES 2019 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Android, iOS)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You ever try the Master League default players? Instead of actual club players. Did that for the first time on 18 with a second div Spanish side and turned out to be a lot of fun. My main requirement early on was to replace the defaults with players with real faces
I actually went with this. Started a ML with Everton with default players. Also simultaneously started one with Real Betis with actual players so that I'm not spending all my time using awful players.

Sterling Archer

I actually went with this. Started a ML with Everton with default players. Also simultaneously started one with Real Betis with actual players so that I'm not spending all my time using awful players.
Sounds like a good balance

I inevitably do at least two 5+ season ML campaigns with United and have maybe one or two different teams (la Liga most often). This year I'm going to do the new leagues they introduced - Brazil and maybe Belgium. I need to break the habit of building a superstar team. Sticking to one of these might be a good way to focus on my tactics and identify some unique talent that's not 80+

Random aside, the Chile stadium is spectacular. I want to make that the home for one of my ML teams

amolbhatia50k

Sounds like a good balance

I inevitably do at least two 5+ season ML campaigns with United and have maybe one or two different teams (la Liga most often). This year I'm going to do the new leagues they introduced - Brazil and maybe Belgium. I need to break the habit of building a superstar team. Sticking to one of these might be a good way to focus on my tactics and identify some unique talent that's not 80+

Random aside, the Chile stadium is spectacular. I want to make that the home for one of my ML teams
Do let me know a team from the Brazilian or Chillian league if you have a recommendation. Going for a less popular but liscenced league might be a lot of fun. You're right. The whole signing the best 18-22 aged players gets tiresome after awhile

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I'm doing fine, Ish. Done with the busy season of our year. I know it's been a very rough year for you. Keep yourself occupied with the little things that you feel happy being engrossed in, and obviously your friends.

Based on the first weekend of trying it out, 2019 is an absolute dream to play. The on the pitch stuff is as good as any footy game has ever been IMO.
Thanks amol, glad your busy period is also over. Yeah i must admit, things are starting to normalise in my life again, after a pretty rough period. My friends got the game over the weekend, so i'll definitely be checking it out and giving you some feedback.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Have you two had any joy with this?

I fancy getting PES this year but can't be doing with the fake players/teams.
I am enjoying it very much. Best football simulation I have ever played and I have so much to learn because I haven't played much PES in recent years.
I need an OF though, fake teams are pissing me off now

amolbhatia50k

I am enjoying it very much. Best football simulation I have ever played and I have so much to learn because I haven't played much PES in recent years.
I need an OF though, fake teams are pissing me off now
I think he's referring to luck with options files.

https://www.pes-patch.com/forum/thread-15645.html

@Gasolin @TheReligion I went for this one although it doesn't patch Bundesliga since it's PES Universe's day 1 OF. You can view the forum page before that for loads of options though.

Kearnkoff69

Really thinking about jumping the FIFA ship this year and coming back to PES (it's been at least 10 years since I played one aside from each year's demo). A big drawback for me is that I'm on the Xbox, and if I remember correctly they basically screw Xbox users with regard to option files. Has that changed at all this year? Is it possible to patch the Xbox version?

My other hangup is that I generally play FIFA career mode and try to use only youth academy players - do you have access to a youth academy for your ML team in PES? Last one I played (PES 2007) they didn't have that feature, but it's been long enough that I figured it may have changed.

SparkedIntoLife

Anyone know if, in the Master League, youth players eventually come in the form of regenerated current players? I don't mind youth players with crazy, nation inappropriate names like in years past but it really takes me out of the immersive experience when a 16 year old Andres Iniesta appears in my youth team at Le Havre for example.

Skizzo

Really thinking about jumping the FIFA ship this year and coming back to PES (it's been at least 10 years since I played one aside from each year's demo). A big drawback for me is that I'm on the Xbox, and if I remember correctly they basically screw Xbox users with regard to option files. Has that changed at all this year? Is it possible to patch the Xbox version?

My other hangup is that I generally play FIFA career mode and try to use only youth academy players - do you have access to a youth academy for your ML team in PES? Last one I played (PES 2007) they didn't have that feature, but it's been long enough that I figured it may have changed.
Yeah there’s a youth academy, although it starts to get actual regen players once they retire as well.

Anyone know if, in the Master League, youth players eventually come in the form of regenerated current players? I don't mind youth players with crazy, nation inappropriate names like in years past but it really takes me out of the immersive experience when a 16 year old Andres Iniesta appears in my youth team at Le Havre for example.
2018 did have the regen players. I had Valdes coming through as a 78 rated regen goalkeeper after the second season, along with Caballero and a defender who I can’t recall currently.

Kearnkoff69

Yeah there’s a youth academy, although it starts to get actual regen players once they retire as well.
Cheers mate. FIFA has regens that pop up after a while as well, so it wouldn't by any means kill the immersion for me.

Kearnkoff69

Well they have the same name, and appearance as the retired players too. Not sure if that matters or not.
Gotcha. Doesn't matter at all to me, but good to know nonetheless. Have you tried using the player and team editing feature yet? I'm trying to figure out how much time I'm going to need to allocate to redoing all the unlicensed kits.

Skizzo

Gotcha. Doesn't matter at all to me, but good to know nonetheless. Have you tried using the player and team editing feature yet? I'm trying to figure out how much time I'm going to need to allocate to redoing all the unlicensed kits.
Haven’t picked up 19 yet, not completely sold on it after hearing all the cons of ML as it currently is, since that’s the only mode I really play.

The editing on 18 maybe took about 45 minutes.

Kearnkoff69

Haven’t picked up 19 yet, not completely sold on it after hearing all the cons of ML as it currently is, since that’s the only mode I really play.

The editing on 18 maybe took about 45 minutes.
Great, thanks for the helpful replies!

amolbhatia50k

So it wasn't all that bad in my 1st transfer window. City sold both Mendy and Walker. Madrid signed Kane and a few other transfers between top PL clubs but no game changing transfer like Pogba, KDB etc

Also three PL teams end up with some 14 player squads which is bloody weird but so far I can deal with this. Annoying but not game breaking.

With regards to game play, it's a stunning play. Absolutely fantastic game play.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So it wasn't all that bad in my 1st transfer window. City sold both Mendy and Walker. Madrid signed Kane and a few other transfers between top PL clubs but no game changing transfer like Pogba, KDB etc

Also three PL teams end up with some 14 player squads which is bloody weird but so far I can deal with this. Annoying but not game breaking.

With regards to game play, it's a stunning play. Absolutely fantastic game play.
Is there an option to turn transfers off or make the activity lower?

infamous7

Teams always end up with random transfers and lose their core but I've never seen it glitch where teams are down to 10 players.

Haven't picked it up yet. Will wait a month until it's on sale or a used copy.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Am thinking of coming back from the dark side (fifa) too, but found Pes 17s single player kinda garbage.

Does it play okay against the CPU?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I have fallen in love with Napoli. The interplaying with Mertens/Hamsik/Callejon/Insigne is amazing. One thing I've noticed, during friendlies CPU doesn't tackle nor foul much I've started league campaign and they keep throwing themselves around (or maybe it's because I'm playing on Superstar ?)

amolbhatia50k

I have fallen in love with Napoli. The interplaying with Mertens/Hamsik/Callejon/Insigne is amazing. One thing I've noticed, during friendlies CPU doesn't tackle nor foul much I've started league campaign and they keep throwing themselves around (or maybe it's because I'm playing on Superstar ?)
I've gone for Betis and Everton (default ML players). Hope I haven't over stocked on high potential players (in the Betis save) with Neres, Sanabria and Celtic's Dembele in addition to the star man Zaha. Then again I'll have to beat Madrid and Barca eventually.

Think you're right btw. The ICC seems a lot easier than the league/CL

amolbhatia50k

Am thinking of coming back from the dark side (fifa) too, but found Pes 17s single player kinda garbage.

Does it play okay against the CPU?
The actual gameplay is as good as it gets in a footy game. However if you didn't like 17 I'm not sure how much you'll like this one given I felt that was an excellent game.

Gasolin

One thing I don't understand in this version is that my defenders are never defending now. Every time I push L1 because I do manual selection of players, instead of giving me the player that is close to the ball, it just gives me the furthest player or whatever BS so it creates boulevard for opponents. But not for me, I never have a situation where the guy loses the control of a player who was close enough to cut the attack, and all my attacks are cut off. I mean, what's that stuff? How do you guys play in defense, and for the control settings?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
The actual gameplay is as good as it gets in a footy game. However if you didn't like 17 I'm not sure how much you'll like this one given I felt that was an excellent game.
I found my actions were fine, but the CPU didn't really play with any great variety, ie all teams were pretty tiki taka. Made ML repetitive.

Fifa isn't a lot better, and I doubt it'll improve given all the money is in FUT

Sterling Archer

Do let me know a team from the Brazilian or Chillian league if you have a recommendation. Going for a less popular but liscenced league might be a lot of fun. You're right. The whole signing the best 18-22 aged players gets tiresome after awhile
Went Chapocoense. There's added sentimentality there given their immense tragedy. And it's been brilliant so far. Talisco was a free agent for some reason so I signed him and Vicinus Junior on loan. Outside those two, I've been trying to keep with realistic signings.

The home stadium atmosphere is one of the better ones in the game - flares and drums are worth watching the full intro more than once.

Only oddity is the competition structure. Season starts with knockout cup tournament and the league doesn't get going for almost a dozen games in..guess it's due to the S Am calendar

Kearnkoff69

Took the plunge, spent a good deal of my weekend editing the PL kits (I'm on Xbox so no option files, sadly). The gameplay is buttery smooth, so different from FIFA but clearly descended from the PES games I grew up loving. I'm excited to explore more.

Sterling Archer

Used a 2-day PS Plus pass just so I could sample the online matchmaking...I hate playing online and per usual, the MyClub mode is rife with the stuff that makes me want to pull my hairs out. Tried a couple regular ranked matches and it was a little better - managed to get the 20 pass trophy as Sampdoria in a pretty decent way:

amolbhatia50k

Went Chapocoense. There's added sentimentality there given their immense tragedy. And it's been brilliant so far. Talisco was a free agent for some reason so I signed him and Vicinus Junior on loan. Outside those two, I've been trying to keep with realistic signings.

The home stadium atmosphere is one of the better ones in the game - flares and drums are worth watching the full intro more than once.

Only oddity is the competition structure. Season starts with knockout cup tournament and the league doesn't get going for almost a dozen games in..guess it's due to the S Am calendar
What's the stadium called in the game?

Kearnkoff69

Used a 2-day PS Plus pass just so I could sample the online matchmaking...I hate playing online and per usual, the MyClub mode is rife with the stuff that makes me want to pull my hairs out. Tried a couple regular ranked matches and it was a little better - managed to get the 20 pass trophy as Sampdoria in a pretty decent way:

That was gorgeous.

amolbhatia50k

Cheers I'll check it out.

One thing about PES is that it takes a while to start enjoying it. First becuase you have to patch it, then because being finnicky I want everything perfect in my ML save and finally due to the team always struggling in the first few games. Finally got stuck in a little into my Betis team. Got an attack of Zaha, Neres, Sanabria and M. Dembele. Hope the game doesn't end up becoming too easy when 3 of those develop.

Sterling Archer

That was gorgeous.
Cheers, mate. Helps the other guy doesn't high gengen pressure the patience out of me.

Cheers I'll check it out.

One thing about PES is that it takes a while to start enjoying it. First becuase you have to patch it, then because being finnicky I want everything perfect in my ML save and finally due to the team always struggling in the first few games. Finally got stuck in a little into my Betis team. Got an attack of Zaha, Neres, Sanabria and M. Dembele. Hope the game doesn't end up becoming too easy when 3 of those develop.
Same here. That early period waiting for decent OFs is when I'll play the most MyClub. Though last year I was playing a lot more in hopes of getting Becks, albeit to use in my United ML .

JoaquinJoaquin

I'm playing ML with Napoli aswell, it's great. Glad I chose them over my original choice of Fiorentina.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
One thing I don't understand in this version is that my defenders are never defending now. Every time I push L1 because I do manual selection of players, instead of giving me the player that is close to the ball, it just gives me the furthest player or whatever BS so it creates boulevard for opponents. But not for me, I never have a situation where the guy loses the control of a player who was close enough to cut the attack, and all my attacks are cut off. I mean, what's that stuff? How do you guys play in defense, and for the control settings?
Try switching with the right analog stick, you press the stick in the direction of the player you want to control rather than cycling through ones the game picks for you with L1, it takes a bit to get used to though as if there's a CPU player between your controlled player and the one you want to control you'll have to move the cursor twice etc, I tend to use a mix of both. You also always want to be holding the direction pad towards you goal when switching players when defending an attack so you players don't do a suicidal start-stop motion opening up a massive gap. Try tinkering with the advanced tactics too