Gaming PES 2019 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Android, iOS)

dove

It baffles me how some parts of the game look so dated that some early 2000s games looked better. Any decent designer from Fiverr could come up with a better UI in 30 mins, it's a joke really. I am that type of person that good and nice UI really makes a difference for me, I just can't play the game that is released in 2018 but looks more like 1998. I love PES gameplay and pretty much always did but man it lacks everywhere else... Konami are just incompetent, the state they released the game in is just unacceptable, similar to Fallout 76. ML was unplayable for months until they released a patch (and still kinda is, transfer fees are a joke, yet another area of the game stuck somewhere in mid 2000s). I just pray every single year that they just leave gameplay mostly as it is and focus on presentation, UI, game modes for a year... Maybe this year...

Agree.
Totally agree with regards to the ML game mode.Looks dated and the transfer system is a mess.I dont want to go out there and pick up Mbappe for 30 million as the new AFC Bournemouth manager.:lol:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Don't know whether it has been mentioned, I tried out all the standard tweaks in the Nvidia control panel and had fairly little success. The thing that solved the problem completely for me was to exclude two cores, in essence turning an 8 core into a 6. After that it runs butter smooth. AMD FX 8320 and 960 GTX.
I actually read that somewhere, but some user said it's really not worth changing your processor settings and risk some important things for single game, which I agreed with, no way I was going to do that.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
I actually read that somewhere, but some user said it's really not worth changing your processor settings and risk some important things for single game, which I agreed with, no way I was going to do that.
I'm hardly a software technician, but I think there is zero risk to this. You don't touch default settings at all, and you have to change it every time you start the game, nothing is saved. If anyone else has the same problem:

- Start the game
- Alt-Tab to desktop
- Alt-Ctrl-Del, choose task manager
- Move to details tab
- Right click on PES2019.exe
- Set affinity
- Tick off last two cores (in octas that means cores 6 and 7)
- Close task manager and return to the game

Drawback is that you can't save this setting for a particular program (or at least I couldn't be bothered trying to find it) which means you have to do it every time you start the game.

I used to do it all the time ten or so years ago for a certain PSX emulator that at the time simply refused to work with dual core, never encountered any problems whatsoever.

Sgt.Major

FIFA is better in terms of presentation, game modes, tactics setups (PES4 had more options than this one ffs), announcers, online experience is probably better, although I didn't try that... But PES has better graphics and much better gameplay. I'm not really a fan of playing offline vs AI and I usually play it 1vs1 against my friends and that is so satisfying in comparison to FIFA, literally every single thing gameplay wise is superior to FIFA. Passing, shooting, ball movement and trajectory, everything. Of course, once again demo version is better, because the pace is slower than in the full game and it's almost realistic, so PES 2019 demo is the best football game I've ever played, but the difference is not too big.

I just finished "The Journey" in FIFA and it's not bad, but EA really has to do a lot to catch up with Konami when it comes to gameplay. Kids probably like it, though.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
FIFA is better in terms of presentation, game modes, tactics setups (PES4 had more options than this one ffs), announcers, online experience is probably better, although I didn't try that... But PES has better graphics and much better gameplay. I'm not really a fan of playing offline vs AI and I usually play it 1vs1 against my friends and that is so satisfying in comparison to FIFA, literally every single thing gameplay wise is superior to FIFA. Passing, shooting, ball movement and trajectory, everything. Of course, once again demo version is better, because the pace is slower than in the full game and it's almost realistic, so PES 2019 demo is the best football game I've ever played, but the difference is not too big.

I just finished "The Journey" in FIFA and it's not bad, but EA really has to do a lot to catch up with Konami when it comes to gameplay. Kids probably like it, though.
Is there any need to catch up? PES is almost a non entity at this point.

Sgt.Major

Well I don't know the numbers and how long Konami will continue to release new PES games, but every review I saw favors PES19 over FIFA19 in terms of gameplay, so I suppose that at the end of the day Konami's math ain't bad.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Well I don't know the numbers and how long Konami will continue to release new PES games, but every review I saw favors PES19 over FIFA19 in terms of gameplay, so I suppose that at the end of the day Konami's math ain't bad.
I’m not sure either globally, but I know in the UK that physical sales are down by 40+% and Fifa outsells in with a 10:1 ratio. Losing the CL rights recently just confirms for me that PES is fading away and FIFA don’t need to change much as people will lap it up.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
I'm hardly a software technician, but I think there is zero risk to this. You don't touch default settings at all, and you have to change it every time you start the game, nothing is saved. If anyone else has the same problem:

- Start the game
- Alt-Tab to desktop
- Alt-Ctrl-Del, choose task manager
- Move to details tab
- Right click on PES2019.exe
- Set affinity
- Tick off last two cores (in octas that means cores 6 and 7)
- Close task manager and return to the game

Drawback is that you can't save this setting for a particular program (or at least I couldn't be bothered trying to find it) which means you have to do it every time you start the game.

I used to do it all the time ten or so years ago for a certain PSX emulator that at the time simply refused to work with dual core, never encountered any problems whatsoever.
Thanks. I tried it, but nothing again, pretty much the same.

Sgt.Major

There's one more thing - start the game, then minimize it, open task manager, right click on the pes2018.exe process and select high priority. That worked for me, it lagged a bit on long passes. If you don't want to bother with that every time you wanna play, download the program called Process Lasso and set the priority for that process to high permanently (of course, Process Lasso will have to autostart with Windows).

Last edited:

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Now installed it on top specification PC, and again same shite. Tried the usual stuff, nothing works so far.

There's one more thing - start the game, then minimize it, open task manager, right click on the pes2018.exe process and select high priority. That worked for me, it lagged a bit on long passes. If you don't want to bother with that every time you wanna play, download a program called Process Lasso and set the priority for that process to high permanently (of course, Process Lasso will have to autostart with Windows).
Will try that again later.

redspoony

Now installed it on top specification PC, and again same shite. Tried the usual stuff, nothing works so far.

Will try that again later.
Mate, I'm sorry, there was one other thing I did. Set to 75 like I said before and use a programme called Borderless Gaming

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Restarted my ML save. Much better this time. Liverpool have sold VVD and City sold Sane but that's countered by them signing Dombele and Kimmich + Fekir respectively. Not bad.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
Thanks. I tried it, but nothing again, pretty much the same.
I'm sorry it didn't work, it seems that you always have to fiddle with PES, at least I had since 2014 or so. Out of curiosity, what are your specs and are you certain they are high enough to run the game well? Especially if it's a laptop and isn't a dedicated gaming one? There was a pretty huge jump in hardware requirements between 2017 and 2018, especially when it comes to GPUs...

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
I'm sorry it didn't work, it seems that you always have to fiddle with PES, at least I had since 2014 or so. Out of curiosity, what are your specs and are you certain they are high enough to run the game well? Especially if it's a laptop and isn't a dedicated gaming one? There was a pretty huge jump in hardware requirements between 2017 and 2018, especially when it comes to GPUs...
My laptop isn't that special, but I believe it's still more than good enough: 8gb ram ddr3, i5-7200 2.5 x 4, Nvidia Geforce 920MX, etc.

But even if it's the laptop, I tried it on top specifications PC, and I have the same problem.

dove

My laptop isn't that special, but I believe it's still more than good enough: 8gb ram ddr3, i5-7200 2.5 x 4, Nvidia Geforce 920MX, etc.

But even if it's the laptop, I tried it on top specifications PC, and I have the same problem.
Graphics card is terrible, I would be surprised if it runs any modern game smoothly on high settings.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Graphics card is terrible, I would be surprised if it runs any modern game smoothly on high settings.
It's not terrible, but it's not special, as I said. It run pes 2017 on highest details, and ai also played the likes of Project cars on decent specs. But it's not important since I've tried it on PC(will post specifications tomorrow) and I have the same problem. I get same framerate and fluidity under lowest and highest settings.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
It's not terrible, but it's not special, as I said. It run pes 2017 on highest details, and ai also played the likes of Project cars on decent specs. But it's not important since I've tried it on PC(will post specifications tomorrow) and I have the same problem. I get same framerate and fluidity under lowest and highest settings.
That's the thing though, I could play 2017 decenly @1080p medium detal on a rig built in 2008 with dual core and 2GB of ram that is now gathering dust with some tweaking. 2018 would in all probability fail to start there even if I tried.

We used to play PES ocassionaly at my friend's place on a laptop with i7, 8GB and some sort of a dedicated AMD GPU (maybe 6670M?) somewhere in line with that nvidia you have. It was clear right away that there was going to be no chance whatsoever of playing 2018 there so from then on we only play on my desktop.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
That's the thing though, I could play 2017 decenly @1080p medium detal on a rig built in 2008 with dual core and 2GB of ram that is now gathering dust with some tweaking. 2018 would in all probability fail to start there even if I tried.

We used to play PES ocassionaly at my friend's place on a laptop with i7, 8GB and some sort of a dedicated AMD GPU (maybe 6670M?) somewhere in line with that nvidia you have. It was clear right away that there was going to be no chance whatsoever of playing 2018 there so from then on we only play on my desktop.
16gb Ram, i5-8400, Nvidia GTX 1050 on my PC, same performance like on the laptop.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Well yeah because as a football sim FIFA isn't very good and hasn't particularly attempted to improve in about 8 years. All you get is gimmicky nonsense.

PES is lightyears ahead in the gameplay/realism aspect and when they're charging people £50+ a year for these games the least they can do really is make an effort to close the gap.

It's similarly baffling why PES can't bring out a game with presentation that doesn't look like it's from the 90s, or an online mode that actually works properly.

Sgt.Major

@Amar__ Did you try the priority thing?

Anyways, recently I played FIFA just to complete The Journey and yesterday went to my mate to play PES, as we often do. We're at the same level, so it's always fun, sometimes I win more, next time he, then we're even... Last night he literally destroyed me. I got so used to idiotic behavior of the players in FIFA, dumb passes, moronic movement etc, that I felt like I'm playing PES for the first time in my life. Deleted FIFA immediately when I got home, feck that shit.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
@Amar__ Did you try the priority thing?

Anyways, recently I played FIFA just to complete The Journey and yesterday went to my mate to play PES, as we often do. We're at the same level, so it's always fun, sometimes I win more, next time he, then we're even... Last night he literally destroyed me. I got so used to idiotic behavior of the players in FIFA, dumb passes, moronic movement etc, that I felt like I'm playing PES for the first time in my life. Deleted FIFA immediately when I got home, feck that shit.
Yep, nothing helps.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
The transfers are killing me. I want to take on the challenge of taking United past Liverpool and City the Liverpool keep selling all their players. Into the first January window and they've sold Mane and Firmino. fecksake. Restarting.
I don’t mind the stupid transfers, I accept from the word go that it’s a ridiculous fantasy world.

I just love playing the game, even when I’m well beaten I have a good time.

Just needs more game modes and better presentation.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Anyone playing PES 2019 these days? Finally fixed the lag(updating Windows solved it by the looks of it), and started playing Master League.

My defence in Master League is ridiculous, I am playing with United and it's worse than United's in real life, I regulary conceede at least 2 goals every game, and I have the worst defensive record in the league(but also scored the most too). Included classic players so bought Solskjaer up front but not happy with him, for some reason he is the worst finisher out of him, Rashford and Martial. Also bought Scholes and he is great. Defending is seriously annoying, often it's so scripted it's incredible, I think they generally made some fixtures almost unwinable, sometimes their strikers hits the ball with incredible precision and strength it makes you break your TV, you just know they have to score because they make your defender slow in that situation too.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
If you mean PES 2020 then yes...except I stopped playing it for this reason. It's a really good game ruined too often by the lazy and obviously scripted AI.

I do think they've got most of our current players spot on though, which makes playing as United infuriatingly realistic. They just need to up Rashford's ratings a bit so you can occasionally use him to bail yourself out/punt the ball over the bar 10 times a game.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Still 2019., but I reckon the difference isn't that big. I am waiting for cracked 2020. version because I am not sure it will run smoothly on PC considering I had problems with 2 previous versions too, so I don't want to spend money for nothing.

Yeah, it's really annoying, but the most annoying thing apart from those finishes in the top corner from impossible angles with the likes of Grioud is when PES decided my defender should just stop running when one on one with opposition striker, and incidently it happens always before those wild finishes and shots when it's clear they turned the scripted AI on.

Gasolin

If you mean PES 2020 then yes...except I stopped playing it for this reason. It's a really good game ruined too often by the lazy and obviously scripted AI.

I do think they've got most of our current players spot on though, which makes playing as United infuriatingly realistic. They just need to up Rashford's ratings a bit so you can occasionally use him to bail yourself out/punt the ball over the bar 10 times a game.
In 2020 they need to up James speed, it's not even realistic... but yeah, I regularly lose online because of the lag + the players are just so bad... and I am probably not as good as the other players, who know.