PES 2020 x Manchester United

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I have more fun playing the PES game, even when the games end 0-0, I still feel I have accomplished something. Whereas the FIFA game, even when the score line is 4-3, I feel less satisfying. But the lack of licensing of PES does bother me a lot.

lawliet354

No. Just. No.
I have Fifa18, Fifa19 and PES18 and PES19 installed on my PS4. I have played Fifa for years until I started playing PES17 and upwards.
There is one thing you absolutely cannot claim to be superior in Fifa over PES and that's physics of the ball, players, passing and shooting. At least not in te latest versions of both games.

Fifa appeal is in its pick up and play ease of use. You can ping passes around like iniesta. PES takes a bit more thought to getting around the pitch and pinging passes like you do in Fifa you are likely to misplace one.

In PES the ball actually bobbles and bounces alot when performing passes. In Fifa the balls skids alot like a hockey puck on an ice rink. There is nothing realistic about that. Also in Fifa, the players have very little back lift when passing or sometimes shooting.

PES doesnt have licences but then again it doesnt need to because it simulates the game of football better than Fifa and that's where a football game should have its focus. On how it actually plays.
When even Fifa Esports players are getting fed up with the game then you know the series is in trou le and Konami has steadily been putting out great PES games for the last 5 years.

Its not long before people start to realise that licences and official kits are not everything in a football game.
Agree with pretty much everything you said. I briefly switched to FIFA around 2012 - 2015, then the gameplay felt stale and get back to PES since then. Everyone will always have their preferences, but no way, absolutely no way that FIFA is more realistic than PES, people saying this either never play football or they're talking about PES around 2012-2015 that I agree was really shit and not realistic at all.

I have more fun playing the PES game, even when the games end 0-0, I still feel I have accomplished something. Whereas the FIFA game, even when the score line is 4-3, I feel less satisfying. But the lack of licensing of PES does bother me a lot.
You can always download the online patch, but I can understand that it will always be a bother to people that you can't just put the disc in and play and get all clubs properly named like FIFA

future2future

What about the license? Will they still be Man Utd in Fifa? Because Juve has an exclusive PES contract so they will be called Piemonte Calcio in Fifa 20 :houllier:

RedMist99

I don't understand why people keep mentioning the licensing being such a big drawback for PES when a simple option file grants all kits, badges, competitions

Nick7

What about the license? Will they still be Man Utd in Fifa? Because Juve has an exclusive PES contract so they will be called Piemonte Calcio in Fifa 20 :houllier:
Yes, United will be in Fifa 20 as United. Fifa has a deal with the Premier League as a whole, it does not with Serie A.

Sambob

I would never play another Fifa game due to just how bad its got with those terrible card packs, so im over the moon about this, can finally play a football game that features a licensed Utd side.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
What about stadiums? doing a Premier League season in PES and playing every game in the same 3 stadiums is shit.

It’s these little touches that keep simulation Career Mode players like myself staying put with FIFA.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Imo pes went downhill when the ps3/360 were released. EA transitioned well into the new generation whereas PES was clunky, awkward and lacking in the features gamers had come to expect of the new generation. It hasn't recovered since then.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Imo pes went downhill when the ps3/360 were released. EA transitioned well into the new generation whereas PES was clunky, awkward and lacking in the features gamers had come to expect of the new generation. It hasn't recovered since then.
Yep, ISS Pro was THE GAME back in the day. I think the gameplay of the modern ones has always been OK, but the lack of naming rights has always let itself down, some people just can't get passed that and don't want to mod.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Yep, ISS Pro was THE GAME back in the day. I think the gameplay of the modern ones has always been OK, but the lack of naming rights has always let itself down, some people just can't get passed that and don't want to mod.
The early pes games on ps3/360 lacked a full edit mode which had previously. It was even easier to obtain files and transfer them to consoles but Konami limited the feature. This really hurt the series Imo. PES lacked licenses on ps2 but if you got the mod there was very little FIFA could offer over PES.

Moreover, the online modes in these games were poor, EA really innovated their online modes and this has kept people coming back.

Seven Seas Sardines

The gameplay of PES5 and 6 were miles ahead of their FIFA equivalents (06/07). It was PES2008 that turned PES into an arcade game of pinball and FIFA became superior. I stopped playing games and started travelling the world after that so I have no clue as to the better gameplay 2009-2019.

redshaw

Well done McTominay.

Probably the one player you could bank on staying back when they started the designs.

Chairman Steve

I thought this was a photoshop job on social media like they made him a meme or something. Was the front cover taken to a public vote or did Pro Evo legitimately choose him?

Good on him I guess, if not surreal... Hope he backs it up now this coming season.

Raven96__

Supports
Real Madrid
Not a fan of pes tbh, still feels robotic and clunky, and lacks licenses.

Fifa isnt great either.

thepolice123

Played PES alot this season and while online matches are abit of a mess, the iconic legends are awesome. I have Robbo, Becks and Scholesy. All great players to have. Becks is probably the best midfielder in the game and his crosses are insane. Only gripe I have is they had Robbo as a "hole player" instead of "box to box".

DamoK

Played PES alot this season and while online matches are abit of a mess, the iconic legends are awesome. I have Robbo, Becks and Scholesy. All great players to have. Becks is probably the best midfielder in the game and his crosses are insane. Only gripe I have is they had Robbo as a "hole player" instead of "box to box".
Great game. I've swapped to Pes since about Fifa 17 which was the game that killed Fifa for me. Got Robson Yorke and a full Manchester United team for my club including a maxed out greenwood and Rashford. I really want Irwin but I can't get him haha. Anybody interested in playing some my club co op on PS4?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Don't mind, just saving all these tweets here.

I’ve never properly played PES, but I also think FIFA is dog shite. However this little clip here looks awful. How is that current gen?

Nick7

I’ve never properly played PES, but I also think FIFA is dog shite. However this little clip here looks awful. How is that current gen?
That’s a fairly bad video of it. The game looks better when playing. Set pieces and celebrations are notoriously shite in it though, everything about them look wooden.

Hoof the ball

Absolutely insane. One guy used the Nesa24 modded camera tool and is individually re-creating all stadium specific TV camera angles. He did this one for the Bernebau. It's bang on; scarily realistic.

@carvajal pretty spot on?

Gasolin

Absolutely insane. One guy used the Nesa24 modded camera tool and is individually re-creating all stadium specific TV camera angles. He did this one for the Bernebau. It's bang on; scarily realistic.

You mean the camera effect is realistic, or that he is reproducing the goals as they have "happened" in real life?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

Wow, really good. The public is so realistic, if that's what you mean.
I haven't played football games in years, so I don't know how good it is compared to that.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Is having a two year cycle and the current game is getting an update. PES2022 will be built on Unreal Engine from the ground up for the next gen as I understand.

RedMist99

It's a great decision IMO.

Production will have defo been interrupted by Covid so no point in rushing out a half baked product. Also, history has shown us that the first editions of sports games on new consoles are generally shite. Much better to spend the required time to get it right on the next gen, especially if they're using a new engine.

I haven't checked the link, but is there any indication of price for the update? Too much to expect it to be a free update? :angel:

Gasolin

It's a great decision IMO.

Production will have defo been interrupted by Covid so no point in rushing out a half baked product. Also, history has shown us that the first editions of sports games on new consoles are generally shite. Much better to spend the required time to get it right on the next gen, especially if they're using a new engine.

I haven't checked the link, but is there any indication of price for the update? Too much to expect it to be a free update? :angel:
https://www.engadget.com/pes-2021-s...be exclusive Euro,pre-order it starting today.

Not free, but only $30 in the US. $35 with the club edition, but 20% discount apparently if you have PES 2020 and order from there (maybe something will pop up?).

Gasolin

Has anyone managed to preorder the United version with the discount? I get an error... for PS4.