Gaming eFootball PES 2020 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Android, iOS)

Woodzy

Anyone playing a ML with United? The rate that Luke Shaw pulls up with an injury is hilarious :lol:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Anyone playing a ML with United? The rate that Luke Shaw pulls up with an injury is hilarious :lol:
Ha he’s my only injury.

How often do you get injuries? I always felt that injuries are too rare and I actually wouldn’t mind and injury crisis here and there.

Art Vandelay

Nearly 16-17 of the PL are set up to play with a deep defensive line as well which doesn't really happen. I'd recommend everyone to change that. I'll now have to do this for La Liga as well given I'm planning to start with a ML in that league as it'll take time to get used to the new game and that'll ruin my United save.

Any suggestions for ML teams? Who are you going for?
I started with United and was playing one with Kawasaki Frontale while I waited for the update. Getting players with Kawasaki was fairly easy, with United it's a nightmare. Plenty of players to sell at United though, hoping to get rid of Pogba and his massive wages next. So I've money but can't spend it.

I've still been getting in behind teams despite the deep defensive line. I think they eventually change tact and push up.
How are the transfers in ML? Have they fixed it so you don’t see ridiculous transfers?

Can still recall united playing Carrick in goal as they sold all their goalkeepers
Not noticed anything too crazy. Salah is on the bench for Barca though. Spurs have signed another striker and put Kane on the transfer list.

I've seen Kane, Bale, Bruno Fernandes and Marcelo transfer listed, yet when I try to buy them they are key players they don't want to sell. Then they lowball me with bids despite asking for three times as much for inferior players. It's gone a bit Football Manager.

I've not had him injured at all, but I try not to overburden him. I take him off when he gets tired and don't start him if he's not 100% and I can avoid it. I also curb my use of attacking fullbacks as it Travellers your fullbacks.

JP77

Anyone play MyClub? Just trying it any tips for beginners?

Is it best to sell your useless players ASAP?
Ok so I was doing ok in the demo and I’m about 4 online games in and lost all of them (this is my first go on pes) bought a new manager 4222 with possession style and all our defence but don’t think it suits me - he was quite expensive too! Seem to be passing it around for the sake of it. Just got done by someone who pressed me all over and as some of my team are a bit shit I just got done.

I got griezmann beloti Rice, and most of the originals.

Any suggestions?

I enjoyed the demo and was doing well with United..
Some small tips, some that have already been mentioned well in here:

• Team chemistry is one of the biggest keys in the game. You'll start off with awful chemistry and have to build it up. The more games you play with the same players under the same manager, the more the players begin to adapt to the style and the more chemistry they build. This is why SIM mode is sometimes good in myClub, you can run it to build chemistry just like you would playing normal games in myClub. The crucial thing is that as you get new players, some of them won't fit the chemistry and styles of your manager and will have to learn and adapt to his style. Quite a cool thing really and quite realistic. You can see what styles players and managers have and make a judgement on who fits where and what players work best under certain managers.
  • On the subject of managers, don't go crazy and spend huge on a big name manager thinking they're going to make you amazing. My advice on this is to try some of the cheaper managers. Test out different ones with different formations and styles. Find ones that you like and then see if there's any big name managers that have a very similar style. There's nothing worst than wasting a load of coins on a Jose Mourinho to then find out his style is awful for the way you play and the players you want to use.
  • Slowly build up a good base of players. It's always good to have players to come in and rotate and also always good to be able to build numerous teams. You don't always have to focus on having just one team. The more the better.
  • SIM mode can be a good way to earn GP. It's what a lot of the hardcore players call 'farming'. They'll usually use a high chemistry team of cheap, low rated players to farm GP in SIM. Either that or you can use your terrible players that you're going to discard anyway. Run down their contracts in SIM and then either discard them or use them to train other players. Also, it's good to have a low level team like this for SIM. Run a SIM game every now and then to give your main team a rest which ultimately saves stamina charges that you'll be using on the players you use on a regular basis.

There's probably loads more tips. I'll post some more when I get time. Certainly experiment though. And never be afraid to change it up with managers and players if things go bad. I've had teams and managers that have been amazing, gone on an unbelievable streak and then out of nowhere struggled. Sometimes the best thing to do in those moments is change to a new style and system. Find what works best for you. Defitely don't quit early if you struggle. Once you get the hang of some of the shortcuts and ways to start improving stuff you'll get your foot in the door and improve. You'll go through days of wanting to rip your hair out because nothing is going right. Don't quit on those days because the next day you could be flying and everything goes your way.

Final day at work tomorrow then my week off. I can finally pick it up on Sunday!!

Art Vandelay

I'm thinking about knocking it on the head until there's some sort of patch. Transfers are just pointless at the minute. 99% of the time they are demanding a release clause that's lower than what you're paying, not that the club will negotiate anyway.

Woodzy

I'm thinking about knocking it on the head until there's some sort of patch. Transfers are just pointless at the minute. 99% of the time they are demanding a release clause that's lower than what you're paying, not that the club will negotiate anyway.
I really don’t think that’s something they will patch. In fact, it is likely by design. Konami like to ‘gamify’ things, the way release clauses work is for that exact reason unfortunately.

Art Vandelay

I really don’t think that’s something they will patch. In fact, it is likely by design. Konami like to ‘gamify’ things, the way release clauses work is for that exact reason unfortunately.
It's rendered my ML season largely pointless. I sold a bunch of players that I cannot replace as no one will negotiate with me, the very rare ones that will are asking for £49m release fee when I'm buying them for £60m. Not that they even worth anywhere near that. It just feels broken. If it's by design then it's one very odd choice.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
One thing that is always crazily disappointing to me is how the game developpers have let the FKs be so so easy to score from whether you're playing, playing against a human opponent or the CPU. I mean who is the genius who thinks the rate at which the FKs are scored is fine ? Absolutely stupid for me.
I counted that the last 10 FKs on the edge of the box against the CPU have all been goals. That makes no sense whatsoever. It's making the game borderline unplayable for me

NJM78

Bought PES again this year. Having played Fifa for the past two years. I’m struggling though and only playing on top player level with the default ML squad playing in the Championship.

Am I just shit at this game now or is it harder than previous games? Just cannot get space to score and every other long range shot I take gets miraculously blocked by a defender. Getting very frustrated now by the slow response of my players but do not want to lower the game difficulty.

Played a few exhibition games on top player, as United though and won them both quite easily.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'm gonna quote to you what Chris Davies a member from the www.evoweb.co.uk site posted, this is regarding a facebook Konami set up to receive direct feedback from the fans so please check it out, like the comments from the user proevonetwork as it is regarding the physicality/fouling system of the game that we want back. You can even write what you want improved too.

https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/want-more-fouls-in-pes-2020-then-please-like-these-posts.80862/
Hi guys,

There's a couple of multi-community posts that have just been made over on the PES dev Facebook page, with the aim of getting Konami to add fouls back into PES 2020 - one for each "thread" on the page.

If we all go onto this page and post separately, each individual post will get one or two "likes" and sink to the bottom. The only way we can make our voices heard is to shout the same thing at the same time - i.e. all liking the same posts. Then Konami will be able to see it's a shared problem.

Take a look at the following and if you agree with them, please "like" the posts on Facebook, and importantly, share the links so that others can "like" them too.

Click here to see comment #1

Click here to see comment #2

Thank you.
Not sure if it will help in the end but it's just a "like" so I feel like we should and could contribute to it

mancan92

Yeah pretty much every game he pulls up at about the 70 minute.

For me 4 games into the season he pulled up 3 times once he couldn't continue at all and was out for 10 games.

mancan92

It's rendered my ML season largely pointless. I sold a bunch of players that I cannot replace as no one will negotiate with me, the very rare ones that will are asking for £49m release fee when I'm buying them for £60m. Not that they even worth anywhere near that. It just feels broken. If it's by design then it's one very odd choice.
Have you tried dropping the signing difficulty on ML?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yeah pretty much every game he pulls up at about the 70 minute.

For me 4 games into the season he pulled up 3 times once he couldn't continue at all and was out for 10 games.
Glad to see players injured at least.

Just started a ML with Espanyol with R. Carlos as manager. Told them that top 13 rather than top 6 is what we should aim for. I like aiming for the stars.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
My PS4 is whirring like a mofo during PES. Any idea what I can do to alleviate it?
No idea but mine does the same. No idea what PES does to it but at the start of every game it sounds like it's preparing to launch itself to the moon. Was the same with last year's PES.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
As someone who's been mainly a fifa player should I make the switch to pes?. I don't spent any money on my fut but does pes offer a better experience and what is their my club like?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Bought PES again this year. Having played Fifa for the past two years. I’m struggling though and only playing on top player level with the default ML squad playing in the Championship.

Am I just shit at this game now or is it harder than previous games? Just cannot get space to score and every other long range shot I take gets miraculously blocked by a defender. Getting very frustrated now by the slow response of my players but do not want to lower the game difficulty.

Played a few exhibition games on top player, as United though and won them both quite easily.
It's a very difficult game when your players are shite and takes a lot of getting used to.

Even playing as United I wouldn't say is easy. Half of the dumb stuff I was moaning about earlier in this thread seems to miraculously happen a lot less when I use different teams to them.

amolbhatia50k

What transfer frequency have you all gone for? I went for fairly high and it seemed alright although United did sell Martial to Barcelona for 70 million and City sold Ederson to Liverpool.

amolbhatia50k

I feel I'm going to have to play another ML with a better team to balance out my espanyol career which is going to be hard work.

thepolice123

As someone who's been mainly a fifa player should I make the switch to pes?. I don't spent any money on my fut but does pes offer a better experience and what is their my club like?
You don't have to spend a single cent to build a superteam on Myclub.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I quite like the fact that it’s a demonstrably different game to last year.

It’s also hugely frustrating as I have to kind of learn to play it all over again.

Does anyone know when the Classic option files are out? They’re my favourite ones. Especially now we’re a licensed team, we should have some decent classic players (like Liverpool did last year)

amolbhatia50k

You don't have to spend a single cent to build a superteam on Myclub.
I don't really care much for multiplayer but I just got Ramos, Pique, Ronaldo, Son, Inaki and Nacho all in my opening 'gift' agents. Bit much IMO.

Art Vandelay

Have you tried dropping the signing difficulty on ML?
No I was afraid that would screw it up more. I started over and went for very large budget. It's largely the same except I'm ridiculously rich and can actually afford to activate release clauses. It's the only way for me to sign players, except Casemiro as they were willing to sell him.

So I've signed: Reus, Casemiro, Hummels, Sancho, Gaya and I activated Mbappe's release clause which was like £372m even though I'd have preferred Kane or Lewandowski. Spurs wouldn't sell Kane despite transfer listing him. It's not ideal, I'd prefer more of a challenge but it's either this or not being able to sign anyone.

Sold Martial, Matic, Mata, Rojo, Romero and have a bunch more transfer listed.

Reus has been probably the best signing, he's scored or assisted in every game playing as an SS from the left. Greenwood is on one of those hot streaks young players get so has been starting every game, Mbappe been's forced onto the wing and Rashford benched to give Greenwood minutes. He's getting goals and assists every game too.

thepolice123

I don't really care much for multiplayer but I just got Ramos, Pique, Ronaldo, Son, Inaki and Nacho all in my opening 'gift' agents. Bit much IMO.
Tbh they don't really count for much once you play 5* in Myclub. Soon everyone will have overpowered featured players which are stronger than the average black ball. You need a combination of an OP team, a manager that suits your playing style and good skills. The good thing with PES MyClub is that they let you build whichever teams you like. Last season I had teams across all levels.

NJM78

No, just standard. If you work out a fix, please let me know (and I'll do likewise for you).
It has quieted down after playing for an hour or so plus I turned off interne access on ps4 and it seems to make less noise now. I don't play these games online anyway.

NJM78

It's a very difficult game when your players are shite and takes a lot of getting used to.

Even playing as United I wouldn't say is easy. Half of the dumb stuff I was moaning about earlier in this thread seems to miraculously happen a lot less when I use different teams to them.
I think I will stick to it and hopefully adapt but my initial games have been a struggle and I don't think I will be reaching my top 8 objective!

Love the game, it's just frustrating at times and my biggest problem right now is the closest player to ball not reacting to it and just walking away or stopping completely whilst it selects a player further away.
Not sure whether this is a problem for most.

SparkedIntoLife

It has quieted down after playing for an hour or so plus I turned off interne access on ps4 and it seems to make less noise now. I don't play these games online anyway.
Ah OK. I actually turned my PS4 internet on to download the updates (I hadn't connected for ages since before changing ISPs). Maybe it was downloading lots of other updates and causing the whirring. I'll check but thanks for prompting my mind to the possibility.

Art Vandelay

They've taken a novel approach to making Liverpool and City hard to play against. Against Liverpool not one 50/50 decision went my way, I wasn't allowed to tackle them at all.

Against City I ended up rage quitting because my midfield was completely over ran. Now you might think this is normal against City and they were tactically outclassing me. Which I wish was the case. No, we were over ran because Pogba my CM decided to go and stand up front for 60 minutes of the match until I subbed him. Literally just fecked off up front and never tracked back once. He was stood beside Mbappe the entire time. He also didn't move much off the ball either. He just bolted past everyone at every kick off and stood there. He came back for the occasional goal kick but then went right back to standing in the channel between Mbappe and Sancho.

siw2007

The Pes Universe file requires a password to access the files, the password is shown on the download page.
Went back to PES Universe to find that password and its not displayed anymore.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Going through this too, to the stage that I am far better online than I am offline.

The AI are just always way too organised and the pace I have in my front 3 doesn’t do anything to be honest.

As it’s so hard to take the computer on I just find I am drawing 0-0 or nicking a 1-0 win from a goal luckily deflected in from my fullbacks overlapping.

RedMist99

I'm new to my club so looking for some advice around signing players.

I'm wanting to sign Joao Felix through scouting. I currently have 4* support striker and 4* Spanish league scouts. The obvious choice would be to get a 4* Portuguese nationality scout at the auction to ensure I have 100% chance of the scout getting him. However, the GP cost is always extortionate and it seems like its a bit of a gamble as it's an auction and there's a lot of waiting around. Is there another way to do this that I'm not aware of?