Gaming eFootball PES 2020 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Android, iOS)

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Bought PES again this year. Having played Fifa for the past two years. I’m struggling though and only playing on top player level with the default ML squad playing in the Championship.

Am I just shit at this game now or is it harder than previous games? Just cannot get space to score and every other long range shot I take gets miraculously blocked by a defender. Getting very frustrated now by the slow response of my players but do not want to lower the game difficulty.

Played a few exhibition games on top player, as United though and won them both quite easily.
That's what I'm doing too. Game is tough which makes any goal scored that much appreciated. Goios, Casteldine, Hettich, Giorza and Erikson are my MVPs

gaz1185

Went back to PES Universe to find that password and its not displayed anymore.
Did you download the file last week / on launch? If so, they were password protected then, re-download the file and it shouldn't have a password protection on it anymore.

KingCantona87

Been smashing the ML with United and default players, very enjoyable so far but the levels of utter bollocks playing at Top Player difficulty at times where Barnsley score a 45-yard worldie with a CB happens far too often. A big problem of mine is drawing games. Out of 16 or so matches, I've drawn 10 of them. Often with the AI scoring in the 96th minute when only 2 minutes of added time has been added.

While I would say 75% of the goals I concede against the AI are my own fault, some of the time it feels like you are a mere spectator and have no way of stopping some of the AI moves

mancan92

Been smashing the ML with United and default players, very enjoyable so far but the levels of utter bollocks playing at Top Player difficulty at times where Barnsley score a 45-yard worldie with a CB happens far too often. A big problem of mine is drawing games. Out of 16 or so matches, I've drawn 10 of them. Often with the AI scoring in the 96th minute when only 2 minutes of added time has been added.

While I would say 75% of the goals I concede against the AI are my own fault, some of the time it feels like you are a mere spectator and have no way of stopping some of the AI moves
My advice is when you feel the game getting away from you a little bit. Throw in a cinical foul or two and it will slow down the ai momentum. I know it feels bad to do so but thats part of football. It often knocks them out of the rhythm.

siw2007

Did you download the file last week / on launch? If so, they were password protected then, re-download the file and it shouldn't have a password protection on it anymore.
Yeah I downloaded the file on launch. Ive deleted it and re tried it and it has extracted perfectly. Thank you very much for your help here. Is there a quick way of removing the current option file on PES so I can upload this one??

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Pes world have released their kits. For some reason it’s only installing ones without sponsors? Anyone know why? I had to go with the smaller files for some reason?

thepolice123

I'm new to my club so looking for some advice around signing players.

I'm wanting to sign Joao Felix through scouting. I currently have 4* support striker and 4* Spanish league scouts. The obvious choice would be to get a 4* Portuguese nationality scout at the auction to ensure I have 100% chance of the scout getting him. However, the GP cost is always extortionate and it seems like its a bit of a gamble as it's an auction and there's a lot of waiting around. Is there another way to do this that I'm not aware of?
4* Rabona. I don't know if the game will drop 4* Portugal or Rabona. But auction is probably the fastest surest way. These two scouts will cost a bomb. Joao Felix is one of the most sought after players in the game.

Berbasbullet

Pes world have released their kits. For some reason it’s only installing ones without sponsors? Anyone know why? I had to go with the smaller files for some reason?
Anyone know why it only let me install the smaller ones? Almost like I didn’t have enough memory?

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I played a cup competition with United and the squad went back the old version. I had Lukaku in the team again. What did I do wrong?

kouroux

I once played vs WBA and Kieran Gibbs scored a crazy late, he cuts inside from the left, stops, feints going back to the left just to go the right and hit a power shot that hit the top bins with his right foot, I'm very open minded but there is no way he'll ever do that in real life :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Okay so finally got ML underway - two of them, one with Espanyol and the other with Milan. First impressions.
  • The game looks magnificent and is a big visual upgrade over last year.
  • Love the new camera angle
  • The slower and more methodical pace is a welcome change. I've still scored some lovely counter attacks so there is variety.
  • Transfers - it appears they're much improved. Been using 'high frequency' and 'normal difficulty' and there don't seem many bizarre moves. Also, signing players isn't easy but I guess it shouldn't be.
  • The new physics engine is brilliant. I love how scrappy and unpredictable some of the play is compared to 2019.
  • I need to get better. I'm playing superstar from the get go and dribbling is difficult. Finally won a few games with Milan by more than a goal (4-0 and 2-0) against good teams too. So hopefully I'm getting used to it. On the other hand, my Espanyol team has scored 6 goals in 12 Gamez :lol:
  • There's an animation where your player hits a cross field pass to the flank, where he backs off before making the pass ala Beckham. Love that.

gaz1185

Yeah I downloaded the file on launch. Ive deleted it and re tried it and it has extracted perfectly. Thank you very much for your help here. Is there a quick way of removing the current option file on PES so I can upload this one??
No problem at all :)

The quickest way to remove files is: Edit Menu > Import/Export > Delete Images, then on each section of the files you've already uploaded (Strips and Emblems, maybe more) check 'Delete All Images' and click OK.

RedMist99

4* Rabona. I don't know if the game will drop 4* Portugal or Rabona. But auction is probably the fastest surest way. These two scouts will cost a bomb. Joao Felix is one of the most sought after players in the game.
Thanks for the response mate.

I manged to get a 4* gamesmanship after two days of trying at the auction. Cost me 43,000 but i can now get Joao Felix!

NJM78

I have come to the conclusion that I hate it. So many bugs and the AI for the computer is amazing whereas my team mates AI is shocking. Such a frustrating game doesnt mayter l what level team you play against either. Just had enough with never winning a foul but giving away one every challenge I poke a toe into or one of my team mates just ignoring the ball as it rolls past them just because I'm controlling another player. Surely the system should give you immediate control over that closest player. Fifa sucks balls but as I only play against computer and not online Fifa is definitely more enjoyable than this.

Brophs

The One and Only
It's fairly unplayable online isn't it? The button lag is quite shocking.
I haven’t played PES for a few years and online PES for a few before that, but has it been this way since then? My abiding memory is of much being promised every year about the online modes and then a few days after release they give the “Sorry, guys, we’ll fix it next year” spiel.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
I haven’t played PES for a few years and online PES for a few before that, but has it been this way since then? My abiding memory is of much being promised every year about the online modes and then a few days after release they give the “Sorry, guys, we’ll fix it next year” spiel.
Not for me, it's been working fine the last 2 years.

Ole90+3

This is the first PES where I've played more than one game online since maybe PES 6. It seems to have regressed. Shocking stuff from Konami really. Everything is at a snails pace. Can't get any rhythm going at all in the games. Just a collection of random animations.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
This is the first PES where I've played more than one game online since maybe PES 6. It seems to have regressed. Shocking stuff from Konami really. Everything is at a snails pace. Can't get any rhythm going at all in the games. Just a collection of random animations.
Are you playing My Club? It could be because your team chemistry is low.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
When you say working 'fine', can you expand on that? What is 'fine' in your opinion?

I apologise if that comes across as snidey but I'm genuinely curious. Can you get any sort of rhythm going in online match ups?

Maybe I'm doing it all wrong.
I could count the amount of laggy games I've had on one hand in the past 2 years. I was always a Master League/Become a Legend player because their online was so bad but the last 2 years I've played mostly MyClub.

No complaints this year either, I'm not sure what may be happening on your end then.

Ole90+3

I could count the amount of laggy games I've had on one hand in the past 2 years. I was always a Master League/Become a Legend player because their online was so bad but the last 2 years I've played mostly MyClub.

No complaints this year either, I'm not sure what may be happening on your end then.
It's mainly the input lag. You have to instruct your players to pass/shoot very early on otherwise they take an extra touch. I'd expect this from lowly rated players but you're playing with an 86 Bruno Fernandes, or 94 Harry Kane you'd expect a bit sharper reactions.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
It's mainly the input lag. You have to instruct your players to pass/shoot very early on otherwise they take an extra touch. I'd expect this from lowly rated players but you're playing with an 86 Bruno Fernandes, or 94 Harry Kane you'd expect a bit sharper reactions.
Yeah that's gonna be pretty frustrating. The button responsiveness for me is a little slower than a game against the cpu but I wouldn't say its bad, maybe it could be a server issue or something.

Berbasbullet

Anyone having issues with kits? It only will let me import so many strips in the bigger file size? Anyone know why?

JP77

Input lag games are the absolute worst. You'll get them no matter what from time to time. I've had a couple so far in myClub but quite a few nice smooth games too. I refuse to match up with anybody under the three bar connection, always back out if it's 2 or below. There's another issue when it comes to Pro as well where even sometimes when the connection is good your team is sluggish and makes it feel like there's a slight lag.

As a last resort you can always try port forwarding for PES. I had to do it about two years ago and it helped some of the connections when I did. Can't guarantee it will with you but thought I would mention it.

siw2007

No problem at all :)

The quickest way to remove files is: Edit Menu > Import/Export > Delete Images, then on each section of the files you've already uploaded (Strips and Emblems, maybe more) check 'Delete All Images' and click OK.
Finally done it! It couldn’t upload 108 files on one go but I managed to do it in blocks of 20.

thepolice123

Some tips for first time players who are struggling:

Do not try fanciful dribbling. Even if you are using Mbappe or Messi do not try to force dribbling past defenders. It works in Fifa but it will never work in Pes and in an actual football game.

Go for the simple passes. Always. They nerfed the long through ball this year. It is not as accurate as before and can be pretty difficult to pull off.

Play according to your manager's tactics and style. If your manager is possession based. Keep possession and go for the slow build up. One thing I found out is that my team generally plays better if I follow the manager.

Defending in Pes is unlike Fifa where the X button does all the work. You need to position the player and only make the tackle at the right time. Force the attackers out wide. Cut passing lanes and block out spaces. Do not go after the ball, go where the ball will go.

Overrall, this game is not Fifa. Playing it like how you'd play fifa will get you thrashed in Pes. Keep the game simple, play it like how the professionals play in real life. Off the ball movements and positioning are the key things in this game.

kouroux

Okay so finally got ML underway - two of them, one with Espanyol and the other with Milan. First impressions.
  • The game looks magnificent and is a big visual upgrade over last year.
  • Love the new camera angle
  • The slower and more methodical pace is a welcome change. I've still scored some lovely counter attacks so there is variety.
  • Transfers - it appears they're much improved. Been using 'high frequency' and 'normal difficulty' and there don't seem many bizarre moves. Also, signing players isn't easy but I guess it shouldn't be.
  • The new physics engine is brilliant. I love how scrappy and unpredictable some of the play is compared to 2019.
  • I need to get better. I'm playing superstar from the get go and dribbling is difficult. Finally won a few games with Milan by more than a goal (4-0 and 2-0) against good teams too. So hopefully I'm getting used to it. On the other hand, my Espanyol team has scored 6 goals in 12 Gamez :lol:
  • There's an animation where your player hits a cross field pass to the flank, where he backs off before making the pass ala Beckham. Love that.
I like that, a little touch but that makes it look so realistic. I also like how they twist their bodies to control a bouncing ball that's behind by flicking their leg upwards. I managed to pull of a beautiful assist by feinting a shot (dragging the defenders out of position) and passing it through to an attacker who hit it first on the post and in

Woodzy

My biggest tip if you’re playing ML is to be mindful that your team is going to be trash until the team spirit gets higher.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
My biggest tip if you’re playing ML is to be mindful that your team is going to be trash until the team spirit gets higher.
Always the case. But this year I am struggling with scoring goals and get shots on goal (as is my opponent to be fair) on superstar mdoe. I think I'm improving on my Milan save (won recent matches 4-0 and 2-0!) but my Espanyol season is funny. Some 8/9 goals scored in 18 :lol:

kouroux

Always the case. But this year I am struggling with scoring goals and get shots on goal (as is my opponent to be fair) on superstar mdoe. I think I'm improving on my Milan save (won recent matches 4-0 and 2-0!) but my Espanyol season is funny. Some 8/9 goals scored in 18 :lol:
I did start with superstar and once I went through something like 4 goals in 10 games, I lowered the level :lol: Now I've gotten much better at the game's mechanics that I score more and create better / more chances, not long before I switch it back up

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Is it any better though? Do clubs actually want to sign you? Is it more interactive?
I'm not seeing much new features about it since the last time I played it tbh, I've only completed my first season & I'm still only at 77 overall rating. I just got selected for international duty for the fist time last night so i'm not expecting any clubs to come sniffing until maybe the coming winter transfer window.

TheHeya

Some tips for first time players who are struggling:

Do not try fanciful dribbling. Even if you are using Mbappe or Messi do not try to force dribbling past defenders. It works in Fifa but it will never work in Pes and in an actual football game.

Go for the simple passes. Always. They nerfed the long through ball this year. It is not as accurate as before and can be pretty difficult to pull off.

Play according to your manager's tactics and style. If your manager is possession based. Keep possession and go for the slow build up. One thing I found out is that my team generally plays better if I follow the manager.

Defending in Pes is unlike Fifa where the X button does all the work. You need to position the player and only make the tackle at the right time. Force the attackers out wide. Cut passing lanes and block out spaces. Do not go after the ball, go where the ball will go.

Overrall, this game is not Fifa. Playing it like how you'd play fifa will get you thrashed in Pes. Keep the game simple, play it like how the professionals play in real life. Off the ball movements and positioning are the key things in this game.
So how do you suggest dribbling past players? I can’t for the life of me pull of any tricks.

thepolice123

So how do you suggest dribbling past players? I can’t for the life of me pull of any tricks.
Dribbling is a major issue and extremely difficult this year. Its virtually impossible to kick and run past a defender. Do not attempt to power past the defender they'll just rugby shoulder tackle you to the ground. I suggest practicing some simple tricks in training before attempting it in the actual game.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool

This is a great explanation of how you can use super cancel to your advantage. Its tricky and I'm still getting to grips with it but when you get it right you get to feel all smug

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Bursts of speed as you run into the ball usually get you past a player if they're tight to you or coming towards you. Problem is half the time it also results in your player controlling the ball into their own face or just fumbling into the defender a further 20m up the pitch before the game let's you regain any control.