Gaming PES 21

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You just can't be consistently precise enough with the stick on a gamepad for it to work for me. Same reason I don't like playing shooters with a gamepad instead of keyboard and mouse. Well, that and I play mostly online so it'd be a massive handicap there no matter what.

With manual shooting, I actually think you have less control than you do with advanced as well. Can't blast the ball low, for example.
I think a difficulty level between Superstar and Legend would be perfect.

Actually I'd say Superstar with defending made more difficult (once you get your chemistry above 90 its very easy to get clean sheets) and a bit more goals (for both sides) both be the perfect balance.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Lovely goal.

I thought I was great at PES until I gave manual passing a go. Nope, just can't deal with it. Simple passes are just too much of a nightmare for me.
Took me a while to get used to the passing but once I "mastered" it I can never go back to assisted.

Keep practicing! You wont regret it.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Gave it a go this afternoon for a couple of games. Physics just feel off to me in all recent football games (10 years at least), like players and the ball are floating around the pitch. Usually playing PES 4 on the same PC. Interesting contrast, Old versions the physics are much better even if the graphics are dated by modern standards.

Slide tackling is also a bit weird, picking up quite a few yellows. Need to get used to the interface and how to set teams up etc as well. Using an Xbox controller. Will try few more games of 21 and see how it goes.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Might try this manual passing malarkey, how do I set it up? Can you play online against manual only?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Might try this manual passing malarkey, how do I set it up? Can you play online against manual only?
When queueing for a 'ranked match' you can specify to queue for games against other people using the same pass assist level. Can't say I've tried it at full manual though, takes long enough to find a game with normal settings.

Berbasbullet

When queueing for a 'ranked match' you can specify to queue for games against other people using the same pass assist level. Can't say I've tried it at full manual though, takes long enough to find a game with normal settings.
Aaah okay, cheers!

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Gave it a go this afternoon for a couple of games. Physics just feel off to me in all recent football games (10 years at least), like players and the ball are floating around the pitch. Usually playing PES 4 on the same PC. Interesting contrast, Old versions the physics are much better even if the graphics are dated by modern standards.

Slide tackling is also a bit weird, picking up quite a few yellows. Need to get used to the interface and how to set teams up etc as well. Using an Xbox controller. Will try few more games of 21 and see how it goes.
Against people or the AI? Sliding against the AI is pointless, it reads your input.

Also a patch was released recently which seems to have...

- Improved reactions, leading to faster paced games (not a bad thing)
- improved physics, making long shots much better
- made top player difficulty harder, the AI is clinical in the box now
- made switching a bit trickier, owing to the faster pace and high chance your player will stand still for a moment when you switch to him
- made sliding harder to do just after switching (though see above as it's rarely worth doing)

Still a fine game with friends, not a fan of the CPU or randos myself

James_42

I love PES and still play it quite often, mostly co op games but whoever is responsible for the player ratings for United is clueless.

I only managed to get the standard Legend Scholes but his stats are so random, it's like the person that did the ratings had never seen him play a game before.

Which is odd since United are one of the partner teams.

V.O.

I love PES and still play it quite often, mostly co op games but whoever is responsible for the player ratings for United is clueless.

I only managed to get the standard Legend Scholes but his stats are so random, it's like the person that did the ratings had never seen him play a game before.

Which is odd since United are one of the partner teams.
The annoying thing for me about Scholes in PES is that at all of his cards have the 'orchestrator' play style (which I find useless), when he only started being that type of playmaker much later in his career. His oldest version in PES so far is 25 ffs.

Finally saved up enough points for that Bryan Robson IM card, who has the 'hole player' style, which is pretty odd again (though more useful than orchestrator, so got him instead of Scholes). Would have thought he'd be nailed on as a box-to-box player.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The annoying thing for me about Scholes in PES is that at all of his cards have the 'orchestrator' play style (which I find useless), when he only started being that type of playmaker much later in his career. His oldest version in PES so far is 25 ffs.

Finally saved up enough points for that Bryan Robson IM card, who has the 'hole player' style, which is pretty odd again (though more useful than orchestrator, so got him instead of Scholes). Would have thought he'd be nailed on as a box-to-box player.
I had the Robson card last season and it was excellent. Not sure if it’s exactly that one though.

V.O.

I had the Robson card last season and it was excellent. Not sure if it’s exactly that one though.
Yeah, so far so good! Love a good all-round centre mid and with the United boost his weakest stat on either side of the ball is still 80-odd, as well as being completely two footed and having a solid selection of player skills. :drool:

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Yeah, so far so good! Love a good all-round centre mid and with the United boost his weakest stat on either side of the ball is still 80-odd, as well as being completely two footed and having a solid selection of player skills. :drool:
Nice! I’ve got Rashford (101) with another 15 levels to go, Beckham (101) and Giggs (95) 11/22. All three are excellent, would love to get Robson and Irwin in there too. The Beckham card is by far my best, he’s just awesome at everything.

V.O.

Nice! I’ve got Rashford (101) with another 15 levels to go, Beckham (101) and Giggs (95) 11/22. All three are excellent, would love to get Robson and Irwin in there too. The Beckham card is by far my best, he’s just awesome at everything.
Snap on all of those too, I think my Rashford's about the same level as well. That card is nuts, pretty much Ronaldo with more pace. Also have Irwin at LB, Park at RB and Forlan up front (who is an absolute machine as well). The only United IM I have that I find a tad disappointing is Giggs.

Bit of a shame I'll never be able to get a full United side because of the lack of DM, CBs and keeper, but I can't see Konami buying any more licenses than those already in the game. Still holding out hope for a United version of Ronaldo and an IM Denis Law at least.

GueRed

I like this game. MyClub Online really is like fantasy football.

My go-to football game

Cant believe I've been playing ISS for 25 years now!

GueRed

Yeah. I dont think Konami know feck all about football.

They made Robson as a Hole player! He was a box-to-box animal!

I gave in and bought him though using my epoints in the epoints store.

Still a handy player to have, has been decent in the few games I've used him.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
The nice thing for me about Robson is that he’s a left footed CM with 4/5 weak foot and with his stats he made my midfield super balanced. I’ve not earned enough points to get him this year though and I’m using Bielsa or Pep anyway which both use DMs and AMs and I’ve got loads of them anyway.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Seriously this game is deadly. So many players have unique running, passing, shooting animations and even if they are an exact animation based on a specific player they try to make it close as possible.

Ping a 50 yarder with Scholes, Becks, Pirlo and they all have they all have unique animations, its dope.

Also check out this little 30 sec clip I recorded. Look how flowy the game becomes when you play on full manual!

During replay, look at how Bruno moves and calls for the ball to feet like he would in real life. Then look at the trejectory of my shot due to manual shooting. It looks so much better and you get much more power on your strikes.

I know Im sounding like some weirdo always mentioning it :lol: but be patient and its so rewarding. The ball reacts so much more realistically when on manual. Like I was gettin so burned out on football games till I gave it a whirl.

Ok. Im just gona use this thread to upload pes videos.

Berbasbullet

Seriously this game is deadly. So many players have unique running, passing, shooting animations and even if they are an exact animation based on a specific player they try to make it close as possible.

Ping a 50 yarder with Scholes, Becks, Pirlo and they all have they all have unique animations, its dope.

Also check out this little 30 sec clip I recorded. Look how flowy the game becomes when you play on full manual!

During replay, look at how Bruno moves and calls for the ball to feet like he would in real life. Then look at the trejectory of my shot due to manual shooting. It looks so much better and you get much more power on your strikes.

I know Im sounding like some weirdo always mentioning it :lol: but be patient and its so rewarding. The ball reacts so much more realistically when on manual. Like I was gettin so burned out on football games till I gave it a whirl.

Ok. Im just gona use this thread to upload pes videos.
I’m doing master league manual but honestly I can’t win a game at the mo, any tips? :lol:

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
I’m doing master league manual but honestly I can’t win a game at the mo, any tips? :lol:
Try, try and try again. I find the broadcast camera the easiest to pass the ball around but the angle for through balls takes a while to get used to.

What I did was start a Euro 2020 competition and see how far I can go each time.

Started on Professional, worked my way up to Superstar.

There is a guy on youtube called knightmd who has some good manual video

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Had a match with manual on Legend Difficulty.
I ain't going to go through that again anytime soon.

Berbasbullet

Try, try and try again. I find the broadcast camera the easiest to pass the ball around but the angle for through balls takes a while to get used to.

What I did was start a Euro 2020 competition and see how far I can go each time.

Started on Professional, worked my way up to Superstar.

There is a guy on youtube called knightmd who has some good manual video
Thanks mate, i might reduce the difficulty cos I keep losing :lol:

I’ll try your camera angle too and report back.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Thanks mate, i might reduce the difficulty cos I keep losing :lol:

I’ll try your camera angle too and report back.
Keep trying and its super rewarding. Ive started to win online games using manual and I cant go back to using assisted ever again.

Unless Im playing fifa as manual controls are shite on that game.

Berbasbullet

Keep trying and its super rewarding. Ive started to win online games using manual and I cant go back to using assisted ever again.

Unless Im playing fifa as manual controls are shite on that game.
I’ll keep you posted, I just had an hour on it and my best result was a 2-2 draw v Villarreal :lol: it feels much more realistic this way and feel like I properly have to work to get the ball around. One thing I find hard is taking on defenders so it ends up with me passing back and forth until I lose the ball.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
I’ll keep you posted, I just had an hour on it and my best result was a 2-2 draw v Villarreal :lol: it feels much more realistic this way and feel like I properly have to work to get the ball around. One thing I find hard is taking on defenders so it ends up with me passing back and forth until I lose the ball.
Flick the right analogue stick as someone is about to tackle you and the player will knock the ball to the side, resulting in evading the tackle or a free most of the time.

Or, flick the left stick, try to sell the defender, and double tap sprint to knock the otherside of him. Pes uses moment based dribbling so try shoulder drops (release left stick, then flick left or right, depending on shoulder) and look for a reaction from the oppo player. You'll start to pick up on certain animations and such.

Also. Youtube. Its what I did. I always thought pes's dribbling system was overly convoluted but when you start to understand the mechanics its brilliant . Except for the input for stepovers. Ugh.

Berbasbullet

Flick the right analogue stick as someone is about to tackle you and the player will knock the ball to the side, resulting in evading the tackle or a free most of the time.

Or, flick the left stick, try to sell the defender, and double tap sprint to knock the otherside of him. Pes uses moment based dribbling so try shoulder drops (release left stick, then flick left or right, depending on shoulder) and look for a reaction from the oppo player. You'll start to pick up on certain animations and such.

Also. Youtube. Its what I did. I always thought pes's dribbling system was overly convoluted but when you start to understand the mechanics its brilliant . Except for the input for stepovers. Ugh.
Aaah I see, I’ve tried the right analog stick but is completely random for me. :lol:

I think I’ll have to do the YouTube and see if that helps, thanks for the advice!

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Which difficulty do you play on?

Berbasbullet

Are you on the playstation? I just did an amazing move all one touch with cavani being very unlucky in the final shot, you’re right it’s so much more satisfying when you string a few passes together.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
I have my own team in a European PES 11x11 league on PC.

If anyone from here is interested in joining, please let me know and I can get you in for a couple of friendlies before the league starts.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I have serious problem of scoring goals in Master League. I am seond in the premierleague with United at the moment, but only 5-6 teams have scored less goals than me. It's my second season, I am slowly improving, but it's really annoying how hard it is to score goals, especially against lowed placed teams that just defend.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I have serious problem of scoring goals in Master League. I am seond in the premierleague with United at the moment, but only 5-6 teams have scored less goals than me. It's my second season, I am slowly improving, but it's really annoying how hard it is to score goals, especially against lowed placed teams that just defend.
Depends a lot on how you set the team up and having players that suit how you play. I was generally getting to 60+ goals in the league even in the first season but mostly by knowing in advance what set up worked for me and what players to buy/use.

Even then there's still the odd games you just aren't allowed to win. For example every single one against Liverpool. For some reason this game thinks Origi is the greatest footballer of all time.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
@golden_blunder if you're up for the challenge, I highly recommend switching to manual shooting. It's much harder but frees the physics up massively and you can score some absolute crackers.
Found this fun until I realised I could now score the Arjen Robben curling far corner goal about 3 times per game with any half decent winger.

Generally found this game gets less fun the more you play it. Although still favourable to Fifa which was just immediately as boring/exactly the same as the last fifa.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
After a break from PES started two new MLs - one with United and our new signings and 21/22 kit, and the other with Norwich.

They shouldn't start you off with such a low team chemistry. Makes the first season or two pointless (especially with original ML players but even with actual line up at times).