Peter Crouch retires from football

Whiskey Red

Supports
Liverpool
Peter Crouch might be one of those rare footballers that transcends football rivalry, don't really know anyone that does not like him.

Good luck in retirement you lanky twat.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The evidence you don't actually have to be a self obsessed narcissist twat to do well as a footballer.

His partnership with Van der Vaart was quite special. I think 95% of VDV's goals at Spurs were assisted by Crouch.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
The man with legs the length of two legs.

I remember when Peter Crouch had his breakthrough and was called for international duty. Man what a wild ride. Great man, great career.

Good luck in retirement Peter! (I naturally assume he reads the caf on the daily)

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Thoughts go out to his family at this horrific time.
RIP Crouchy.
See you on MOTD soon

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Loved the guy at Spurs, always gave it his all and is an overall likable guy.

I sincerely hope he stays in football as a pundit as I genuinely believe he would be great at that.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
He’s bound to get picked up as a pundit somewhere.

Dan

His recent book is well worth a read if you haven’t already.

Matt007a

Great guy. Never let the fame go to his head and remained grounded throughout his career. He's also very funny.

His international goals to games ratio is really good. A very accomplished player at his peak.

Hopefully we'll see him on TV doing some punditry work.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Seems like a great guy, a pretty good footballer aswell.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
A great option to have in a squad and a lot better with his feet than people give him credit for, as others have said seems a really nice guy too, hope he stays in football.

Amarsdd

seems like a cool dude and has really good stories in his podcast

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Stayed out of all stupid controversies. Liked him in tottenham never actually hated him when he was with pool.. Top bloke. Good luck you weird looking.. thingy.

Chipper

Adulterer.
06/07 season, Crouch coming on as a sub at Old Trafford "Freeeeeeaaak", "Does the circus know you're here?" :lol:

Didn't mind him as a player, really. Enviable goalscoring record for England and fairly good all round. Not so keen on him as a personality like others are, but everyone has their own opinions.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Won't forget when he signed for us and it took him forever to score his first goal. A full 24 hours without scoring, 19 games spanning over 4 months and then his first goal against Wigan Athletic was the flukiest goal you'll ever see. It went down as an own goal but got it turned on appeal, and scored another goal anyway. :lol:

Thought he wouldn't last long after the drought but he scored some great goals for us, notably the Galatasaray goal, Besiktas 8-0, and the 'perfect hatrick' against Arsenal.

Definitely think he'll go in the Jungle now come November.. fill that footballer spot they have for ex pros.

Devil81

Currently in the states on holiday, I've bought Crouchies book for the flights and have to say it had me in stitches on the way out here.

Funny guy, enjoy your retirement.

Holocene

Won't forget when he signed for us and it took him forever to score his first goal. A full 24 hours without scoring, 19 games spanning over 4 months and then his first goal against Wigan Athletic was the flukiest goal you'll ever see. It went down as an own goal but got it turned on appeal, and scored another goal anyway. :lol:

Thought he wouldn't last long after the drought but he scored some great goals for us, notably the Galatasaray goal, Besiktas 8-0, and the 'perfect hatrick' against Arsenal.

Definitely think he'll go in the Jungle now come November.. fill that footballer spot they have for ex pros.
Mentioned that on his podcast. Brilliant.

I've never been a huge Crouch fan, but I decided to listen to his podcast anyway. I highly recommend it, really funny in parts and comes across as a decent bloke.