Peterson, Harris, etc....

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
What’s he even trying to say with this one?
Easy. Get women out of the workplace. Enforce monogamy and the nuclear family. Make church attendance mandatory and abortion illegal. Bring back The Red Scare.

Then everything will be swell.

NotThatSoph

What’s he even trying to say with this one?
He's comparing trans people to people who self harm, and points out what he sees as a contradiction in how the wokes view the two groups: If you accept trans people's gender identities as valid, and view transitioning as a good thing, then you should also accept that some people identify as someone for who self harm is the right choice and you should view them hurthing themselves as a good thing.

Or something.

Eriku

I see Peterson is being disciplined and told to go through social media training due to him being unprofessional and bringing his field into disrepute with his tweets.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canad...wcm/3d83e23b-6058-48f8-8c34-d0a103bc843c/amp/

Not sure what to make of this one. I can see why the faculty would be unhappy with the way he’s putting his opinions across, but at the same time I’m not sure it’s enough for them to be threatening to take away his right to practice.

Here’s big Pete’s thoughts on supposedly bringing the field into disrepute:

Jordan Peterson said:
"I think I've done demonstrably more than any psychologist has ever produced to increase the prestige and trust of the practice of psychology around the world,"

NotThatSoph

He's usually been qualifying his climate denialism a bit, but now with Daily Wire I guess that's not profitable anymore.

tomaldinho1

He's usually been qualifying his climate denialism a bit, but now with Daily Wire I guess that's not profitable anymore.

Most annoying thing about him is that he seems to think he's an expert in so many fields of science, he's got one area he's well versed in and yet he's so active in so many others. I remember an article from a biologist ripping apart one of his points on lobsters and their social hierarchies being like humans basically because he'd misunderstood a basic point in the evolutionary tree but if millions of people hear his idea and only a few thousand read the article, you end up with a large weighting of misinformed people.

Bebe

He continues to get worse. As if the temperature of the earth 600m years ago has anything to do with how viable the current temperature is for supporting human life.

Lemoor

He continues to get worse. As if the temperature of the earth 600m years ago has anything to do with how viable the current temperature is for supporting human life.
Trilobites would still be thriving, if it wasn't for the woke moralists.

Sweet Square

Saw it get mentioned on twitter that Peterson tries to do climate denialism by using “data” whereas most conservatives will just say climate change isn’t real because of God.

Other have mentioned Peterson lack of a belief in God before but it is still weird to me that the most popular right winger in the West, is an atheist who works at a Canadian university.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Saw it get mentioned on twitter that Peterson tries to do climate denialism by using “data” whereas most conservatives will just say climate change isn’t real because of God.

Other have mentioned Peterson lack of a belief in God before but it is still weird to me that the most popular right winger in the West, is an atheist who works at a Canadian university.
And of all places in that Liberal party stronghold of Toronto.

RedDevilQuebecois

As a hockey fan and a Canadian, that situation drives me nuts. That thundercnut should be nowhere near my country.

Sweet Square

And of all places in that Liberal party stronghold of Toronto.
Look Peterson may well believe the masculine man of western history is getting destroyed by evil feminine energy but……where else in Canada can you get so many nice multicultural food treats and growing property prices!?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

the more i read from right-wing people the more sympathetic i get for stalin.

Tarrou

given its Alberta thats likely advice for walking on ice right?

edit: i checked the link, yeah it is

Mike Smalling

So, Steven Crowder is getting divorced. Now obviously a divorce is not something to make fun of, especially not when kids are involved, but his own announcement and the subsequent look back on his former comments are really revealing.

This is just a small part of the clip, where he starts out by bemoaning the fact that no-fault divorces are legal in the state of Texas. He later continuously goes on about how his infant children are not to blame which is a bit weird, and rounds it off with a glorious line about it is his own fault because he "picked wrong". Way to own up.

Someone then did a bit of digging and found some tweets that were clearly written while the divorce proceedings were ongoing. Fascinating stuff.

And then to top it all off his ex-wife shares a video clip of him verbally/emotionally abusing her, while she was 8 months pregnant. Link.

This is a guy with a pretty sizable platform made up of mostly young men. I don't think it can be overstated how much damage this kind of nutjob can do. At least his wife is pretty much guaranteed to get full custody based on that video.

Tarrou

saying "my beliefs don't matter" because the law permits your wife a divorce is seriously fecked up