Peterson, Harris, etc....

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Didn't realise this was a thread here, have become a bit obsessed with the 'Making Sense' podcast with Sam Harris. He has really interesting guests and the capacity to engage with them if not at their level, then near it which is incredible given how broad the topics are.

Do people not like him? I've heard worse things about Peterson.
I like his approach to discussing complicated subjects but he's a bit of a knob who's very difficult to listen to. From the very little I've seen that's only gotten worse as he's embraced the "Intellectual Dark Web" or whatever. Couldn't manage more than a few podcasts a year, even though I find the subjects interesting and think he creates a good space for most guests to speak in depth about them.

Charlie Foley

Heres your boy demanding that a musician invite him on stage at his concert to rehash a twitter argument

Jesus zombie Christ.

What a fecking loser.

Also laughing at “Greenwald is a drama queen” but Jordan “I once had a sip of cider and fell into existential dread for a month” Peterson and Ben “I made up a joke about slavery to get offended and stormed off a BBC interview because I’m a pussy bitch who can’t handle a normal conservative asking me questions” Shapiro aren’t :lol:

Tarrou

That book cover is way too terrible to be legit... Surely?
I found it on Amazon. Seems to be a compilation of things they’ve said in the media rather than a proper book. No idea what their level of involvement is and maybe it’s just a fantastically engineered piss take.

Whichever, it’s a significant leap forward in Peterson’s literary output as he emerges from the shadow of his “pull yourself up by your boot straps” era.

Last edited:

cyberman

Joe Rogan in general doesn't make sense. (I like some of the episodes though)
Spent an episode last night trying to convince his guest that 3rd highest average height in 1940 whatever was a thing.
So much conviction in his voice as well. Ali was having none of it

Suedesi

Joe Rogan in general doesn't make sense. (I like some of the episodes though)
To be clear, he's a good interviewer and gets some really interesting people on his podcast. I enjoy a number of them (for example his Bernie interview was great, as were his podcasts with Firas Zahabi, David Sinclair, James Hetfield, Jocko Willink etc). But he's not an intellectual of any sort.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
To be clear, he's a good interviewer and gets some really interesting people on his podcast. I enjoy a number of them (for example his Bernie interview was great, as were his podcasts with Firas Zahabi, David Sinclair, James Hetfield, Jocko Willink etc). But he's not an intellectual of any sort.
The easiest way to trigger Joe is with veganism.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
You know the right is going through a severe intellectual poverty when their go-to thinkers are people like Peterson.

Fridge chutney

Someone on Twitter explained Dave's logic in this case quite succinctly:

"to recap: he used to eat at the restaurant when it was activist against gay people. now that it's supposedly not activist against gay people, he no longer eats there."

Is Dave Rubin homophobic?

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
That was an excellent watch. Who is she? Very entertaining! I'll have to watch it a couple more times to take all the ideas in - a lot covered :)
It is very good, very entertaining. I think she's just as guilty of straw-men as she accuses Petersen of being though!

caid

Being entertaining definitely helps. She doesn't claim to be 100% right or unbiased which helps too.

stepic

just saw a video of Peterson supposively 'destroying' the lady in the audience arguing that personal responsibility won't solve things like climate change which involves the need for mass social, collective change. he literally didn't answer her point at all, maintaining personal responsibility is all you need; yet it was claimed he won the argument. huh? doesn't help that he comes across as a massive twat. why do so many people love this guy? do people just kinda get off on his sophisticated/quasi intellectual tough guy schtick?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
why do so many people love this guy? do people just kinda get off on his sophisticated/quasi intellectual tough guy schtick?
Because they dislike people like the lady who asked the question and he gives their silly opinions an image of intellectualism that isn't really there if you look behind the sophisticated words. They don't care about that part though.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
What a dumb fecking idiot Jordan Peterson is. Can't walk or talk after his brain got fried because of the alternative medicine treatment he sought out in Russia over the medical advice and treatment of doctors in Canada for his benzo addiction.

I'm surprised that his daughter's expert diet advice wasn't enough.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What a dumb fecking idiot Jordan Peterson is. Can't walk or talk after his brain got fried because of the alternative medicine treatment he sought out in Russia over the medical advice and treatment of doctors in Canada for his benzo addiction.

I'm surprised that his daughter's expert diet advice wasn't enough.
Really? That’s amazing :lol: