Peterson, Harris, etc....

caid

she's alright at best lets be honest
You have a small and boring definition of beautiful.
She looks human which is a drastic improvement over the instagram reality weirdness that is the standard for most beauty magazines (which im definitely an expert on). I get that looking borderline malnourished is fashionable at the moment but i just think that shes a long way off being a particularly unhealthy weight which is where i'm inclined to say it starts looking unattractive.
Anyway if were judging i'd take her over the bitter, dried out husk of a skeleton that is jordan peterson. I'd need an epic amount of booze to sleep with him.

Halftrack

Furthermore, he could've just not said anything at all. So what if she's not to your liking, just move on.
People don't have to think everyone else is beautiful but going out of your way to tell the world how one specific person isn't is deeply strange.
Dude just farts outs every random thought he has on Twitter, he craves attention and will do anything to get it.

He's an odious cretin, and anyone who admires or respects him is a fecking moron.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Furthermore, he could've just not said anything at all. So what if she's not to your liking, just move on.
People don't have to think everyone else is beautiful but going out of your way to tell the world how one specific person isn't is deeply strange.
To be fair, this one specific person is on the cover of a highly awaited edition of a popular periodical where women are objectified. It’s not as if the cnut went searching out some random person & opined on her looks.

Andersonson

Dude just farts outs every random thought he has on Twitter, he craves attention and will do anything to get it.

He's an odious cretin, and anyone who admires or respects him is a fecking moron.
You not done calling everyone who has a different view than you an idiot yet?

Doesnt it get boring?

Halftrack

You not done calling everyone who has a different view than you an idiot yet?

Doesnt it get boring?
He's exposed himself as an ignorant, hypocritical and emotionally unstable moron on numerous occasions, he's got a loose relationship with facts and research, he's heavily promoted rehashed nazi propaganda in his rantings about "cultural marxism" (and was then shown to know nothing about Marxism in the debate with Zizek), he's a massive sexist... I could go on, but I think I've illustrated pretty clearly why anyone who admires or respects him would have to be an idiot. Or an odious cretin themselves.

Andersonson

He's exposed himself as an ignorant, hypocritical and emotionally unstable moron on numerous occasions, he's got a loose relationship with facts and research, he's heavily promoted rehashed nazi propaganda in his rantings about "cultural marxism" (and was then shown to know nothing about Marxism in the debate with Zizek), he's a massive sexist... I could go on, but I think I've illustrated pretty clearly why anyone who admires or respects him would have to be an idiot. Or an odious cretin themselves.
I don't agree with everything you sau here, and from what I've listened to, and read about him, he doesnt seem sexist at all. Maybe what he says goes over your head, I dont know. Or maybe you want some of his facts not to be true.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I don't agree with everything you sau here, and from what I've listened to, and read about him, he doesnt seem sexist at all. Maybe what he says goes over your head, I dont know. Or maybe you want some of his facts not to be true.
Unless you're one of the mole men this statement is impossible.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Which of his writings/interviews do you feel are good or useful ?

Andersonson

If you'd like you could check out his piece on equality of outcome. From someone who lives in Scandinavia I find his "findings" true. That being said, I havent read any of his books, just some pieces on his webpage and he did some appearances on Norwegian TV (NRK)

hobbers

To be fair his interview with Cathy Newman was a pretty good guide in how to shut down dishonest interview techniques and bad faith debating.

Though that was before he went off the deep end with benzos and meat.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
To be fair his interview with Cathy Newman was a pretty good guide in how to shut down dishonest interview techniques and bad faith debating.

Though that was before he went off the deep end with benzos and meat.
I've seen that one. I suppose you could say that was his high point (if you could call it that). Ever since then, he's really been in decline imo.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
You have a small and boring definition of beautiful.
She looks human which is a drastic improvement over the instagram reality weirdness that is the standard for most beauty magazines (which im definitely an expert on). I get that looking borderline malnourished is fashionable at the moment but i just think that shes a long way off being a particularly unhealthy weight which is where i'm inclined to say it starts looking unattractive.
Anyway if were judging i'd take her over the bitter, dried out husk of a skeleton that is jordan peterson. I'd need an epic amount of booze to sleep with him.
she is probably at a weight where a doctor would be advising her to lose weight from my eyes. i guess our definition of beautiful differs but then so does everyones

Raoul

Admin
Staff
she is probably at a weight where a doctor would be advising her to lose weight from my eyes. i guess our definition of beautiful differs but then so does everyones
Agreed. But there is a constant of what most of society agrees is attractive. Otherwise most fitness magazine, TV shows, and IG feeds would be bustling with overweight people instead of fit, healthy ones.

NotThatSoph

The Intellectual Dark Web strikes again. This guy is a biologist.

To clear up any confusion before it happens, that this guy is an idiot does not mean that everyone on earth who disagree with me are idiots. Some of them are probably not.

Mike Smalling

To clear up any confusion before it happens, that this guy is an idiot does not mean that everyone on earth who disagree with me are idiots. Some of them are probably not.
Clearly a neo-marxist plot.

Halftrack

He's not be virulent, foaming-at-the-mouth and hates women sexist, he's more the old-school "men are rational and logical, women are emotional and illogical" kind of sexist. And if he doesn't seem sexist at all to you, there's a good chance it's because you're a bit of a sexist too.

What are some of his "facts"? Far as I can tell, he's a layman on 90% of the topics he likes to ramble on about. Or are you suggesting that a guy that has no relevant expertise outside the field of psychology knows better than the experts in all these other fields?

He's a wordy dunce who became famous for being too fecking dumb to understand an amendment to an existing law, and has continued serving up hot takes in what has got to be the clearest case of Dunning-Kruger ever observed. People flock to him because he confirms their biases, not because he has any facts or truths.

Also, he gave himself brain damage to kick an addiction. Clearly something a genius would do.

Last edited:

nimic

something nice
Scout
That's not really a constant, given that it's changed.

Is he threatening to force-feed nuts to people with nut allergies?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

This is a parody account, yes?

SirAF

Ageist
If you'd like you could check out his piece on equality of outcome. From someone who lives in Scandinavia I find his "findings" true. That being said, I havent read any of his books, just some pieces on his webpage and he did some appearances on Norwegian TV (NRK)
For someone else who lives in Scandinavia I find Peterson to be full of shit.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
I still think the fact that he's deemed 'controversial' says much more about those making the claim and the 'current culture' we live in than anything else.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I still think the fact that he's deemed 'controversial' says much more about those making the claim and the 'current culture' we live in than anything else.
He's a 'complete' weirdo and grifter, and 'it' makes me sad that there are 'people' out there who take him 'seriously'

WPMUFC

Man needs actual therapy. His tendency to extreme lifestyle choices seem to be getting worse. I'm shocked he held down a university position as long as he did. Just goes to show how far you can decline, even from a mental wellness perspective, when you engage with the right-wing culture war.