Peterson, Harris, etc....

prath92

Jesus, does this guy ever lose a debate? I watched many videos of his arguments and I’m yet to see one where he is stumped, speechless or lost for arguments. I don’t share his views on many things but the guy is persuasive as hell. Even if he is debating with me on my life, I wouldn’t get into a debate with him.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Don't share his political views either, but he comes across as someone capable of making others understand why he believes what he does.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He's awesome. Some of the things he says I disagree with hugely, but watching him debate people is pretty special.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Some conservative smug twat.
You should listen to him. You might change your mind

You don’t have to agree with him, doesn’t make him a smug twat though, it’s a fairly typical response you see nowadays for anyone who dares not be a leftie

Tom Van Persie

No relation

You don’t have to agree with him, doesn’t make him a smug twat though, it’s a fairly typical response you see nowadays for anyone who dares not be a leftie
I respect a lot of people with conservative views I just can't stand him. Watched him on the Joe Rogan podcast and found him to be a bit of a knob tbh.

Boycott

I don't agree with a lot of what he says but he articulates them in a reasoned manner. And he's very good at pouncing when the debate reaches ad nauseam. I don't think it's much to do with him being a greater debater as opposed to the people he is debating not coming up with any solutions or arguments beyond fluffy soundbites.

prath92

I've only ever heard him talk about pointless topics.
Debate about race issues. Tbf the two BLM activists are more like the David Moyes of debaters especially the guy

Debate about minimum wage.

Drainy

He debates in a rational manner, but he mostly debates people who rely on emotional arguments. When a factual argument is made he is good at deflecting or minimising it so he can move on and appear like the hit didn't land.

prath92

So, this is how you’re gonna spend your Sunday OP :nono:
I was studying a few weeks ago and naturally got bored. Then I was browsing YouTube and came across the Piers Morgan clip and one thing led to another :p

prath92

I like when he schooled Piers Morgan but most of his views are pretty terrible.
Tbf Piers Morgan’s goto comeback on twitter is to correct people on their grammar. Not hard to school Piers Morgan even if he is speaking for the right cause

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Debate about race issues. Tbf the two BLM activists are more like the David Moyes of debaters especially the guy

Debate about minimum wage.

He seems intelligent but he's so committed to one predominate form of ideology that you can pretty much anticipate what his point will be.

Like a far less articulate version of Christopher Hitchens post 9/11.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Oh come on Randall, this is incredibly boring. It's ironic just how sensitive "the right" is to people from "the left" being critical of conservative public figure's character or persona.

It's completely subjective if someone finds him a smug twat. I think Maddow is an absolute irritant but I love her reporting, disliking someone doesn't have to be a partisan action.

Tarrou

Been following him on Twitter for a while, and I like listening to his arguments. He makes some really valid criticism of the left IMO but I think the key to him being good at debating is he never loses his cool - which is a powerful trait to have in these situations as Piers Morgan learned.

Sweet Square

The US is (If it isn't already) completely fecked if people take his political views seriously. At best he's a very unfunny comedy character

Also

Last edited:

Tarrou

^^ really enjoy Chapo Trap House - particularly how much they despise Hillary

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He seems intelligent but he's so committed to one predominate form of ideology that you can pretty much anticipate what his point will be.

Yeah, a lot of these types seem fairly adept, skilled debaters but most of the time it's because they'll selectively hone in on a certain area that suits them to argue, instead of branching out into wider things. And they'll tend to come up against fairly weak debaters.

Drainy

Yeah, a lot of these types seem fairly adept, skilled debaters but most of the time it's because they'll selectively hone in on a certain area that suits them to argue, instead of branching out into wider things. And they'll tend to come up against fairly weak debaters.
Ever hear Ben Shapiro debating Climate Change? He is awful at it.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Ever hear Ben Shapiro debating Climate Change? He is awful at it.
Not heard him debating, but in his Reddit AMA he states that none of the main surrounding questions concerning it have definitive answers, to which someone rightfully points out that even if we don't know when it's going to be catastrophic, we do know that it is going to be. Essentially Shapiro twists his argument on that one because he's unwilling to accept the fact that government interventionism on a grand scale is almost certainly needed to curb climate change. I'd assume he's just as bad when in a proper debate on the issue. Which highlights how he's one of those types who'll seem very good until you begin to challenge on stuff he's not comfortable talking about.

Drainy

Got a link? Should be funny to watch.
Can't remember the video but he basically said that the solution to sea level rises was 'move inland'. :houllier:

His main point was that economic risk of curbing carbon emissions wasn't worth saving the coastlines- he didn't even address the issues of fresh water shortages, damage to agriculture etc.

Cheesy summarised some of this other points.

prath92

Oh come on Randall, this is incredibly boring. It's ironic just how sensitive "the right" is to people from "the left" being critical of conservative public figure's character or persona.

It's completely subjective if someone finds him a smug twat. I think Maddow is an absolute irritant but I love her reporting, disliking someone doesn't have to be a partisan action.
On the other hand it’s also ironic when the liberals in various universities (like Berkeley this year) try to ban him from speaking simply because he says stuff that they don’t agree with. Like Shapiro says in a talk, this whole issue of people getting offended over inconvenient truths seem to be quite real.

Yeah he does have agendas like all but what I like about him over guys like Milo Yiannapoulos is that Milo is essentially like the guy who throws stones at a dog and then complains that the dog bit him. Shapiro is a more mild mannered guy who rarely loses his cool and even answers liberals in his talks at universities.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I like him but he seems like he's gotten a bit ahead of himself now and become a bit of a pedant at times. Picks easy and non-important arguments to fill out his highlight reel. He's got nothing on Jordan Peterson!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Jesus, does this guy ever lose a debate? I watched many videos of his arguments and I’m yet to see one where he is stumped, speechless or lost for arguments. I don’t share his views on many things but the guy is persuasive as hell. Even if he is debating with me on my life, I wouldn’t get into a debate with him.
Have you ever seen him debate without his posotronic chip ? Its not pretty.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I disagree with 90% of what Shapiro says and dislike some of his views, but I like to watch him a lot because he usually argues his point very well.

prath92

None of these are debates, in fairness. As I said, a lot of his views are stuff that I don’t actually agree with but it’s quite possible if he gets into a debate about these topics with someone he is most likely going to win. His views may be wrong (at least according to me) but he has a basis for every one of his views.

Charlie Foley

Ah come on. This outlook is a bit of a cop out. He DOES come across as a smug twat. I don't even think he'd disagree with that deep down.

On Shapiro himself, he's clearly quite a good debater, he's said himself there are times where he's wrong but his debating skills will win him the argument. If you watch a lot of his stuff though (I've watched a bit lately as he's far more tolerable than some others I'll get to) you notice some big hypocrisies, he'll argue a certain way depending on where it suits . And at times he over simplifies where the details will trip him up but he's hardly the only one. A lot of what I've seen of him is against college students who are just hopeless.

He's in a different league to Milo though, or that Spencer guy. They're two really rotten individuals. My issues with Shapiro are more when he turns a blind eye to stuff instead of actively trying to be a dick.

He's nothing on Jordan Peterson. Who's also an odd dude. But at least self aware. Shapiro I can't help but shake the feeling he's getting his own back for years of being bullied as a kid by showing up at schools and colleges to finally be the cool 'intellectual jock' kid he never got to be.

Oo0AahCantona

never heard of him before this thread and watched some of his debates, Dont agree with a lot of his views, but some of his grey area views are very persuasive, strong and entertaining debater.