PFA Team of the Year

Kag

Very sensible and fair; exactly what mine would have been. Martinez in for Ederson, though.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Surprised that Son wasn't booted for Foden but otherwise as expected

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Wasn't Son's form very hot and cold this season?

Paddy B

Supports
Manchester City
Tough to choose between Cancelo and Walker.

Sylar

It's a very fair team

There will be arguments for one or two players but majority would agree with the rest I would say

Idxomer

Grealish instead of Son and the team would be near perfect.

Zen

He was one of the best players this year, and the team of the year is voted for by the players themselves.

Shows how much Spurs underperformed though, having two players in team of the year but finished seventh.
Or how bad they are behind their attack.... because Bale was hardly a slouch either in his minimal time.

jackal&hyde

I would have had Maguire in place of Stones. Foden and Grealish are over rated imo.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
No other defender, Dias aside, had been better this season, a few were roughly on his level, but it’s understandable that they’d award the one who was an important part of a league-winning defense.

Amazing early on and slightly poor near the end, but there have been no other attacker who had performed consistently good enough to deserve a certain inclusion. Foden only get into his, dare I say it, world class form late in the season, Grealish got injured after looking like a certain POTY contender in the first half of the season...

Overall, Son scored 17 and assisted 10, that’s a brilliant return. Although on sentimentality alone, I’d personally put Grealish ahead of him.

GledTheRed

Gundogan deserves it. His run of form, blew the title race open for city
Possibly yes although it was just a purple patch.

KDB the greatest midfielder in the history of the world scored 6 goals in a title winning team, so overrated.

izec

Son, Salah and KDB weren't great this year, compared to what you would expect. I think Grealish deserves to be in

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He was one of the best players this year, and the team of the year is voted for by the players themselves.

Shows how much Spurs underperformed though, having two players in team of the year but finished seventh.
Yet he only played 57% of all matches. How can somebody get into the team of the season who's barely just played half of all matches?
22 games or 1934min

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yet he only played 57% of all matches. How can somebody get into the team of the season who's barely just played half of all matches?
22 games or 1934min
Voting is usually done a couple of months ago and I think it was around then he was being rotated/rested for the games in the Champions League. Think it was also around that time when Fofana had been injured for a few games so it's a case of out of sight, out of mind while Stones was getting rave reviews.

De Bruyne is definitely the most questionable choice in that team though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Son is the biggest one where he gets overrated based on his goals and assists. He should not be in here.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
The only thing I had different was Maguire for Stones and Martinez for Ederson. But the players that were picked would've been my second choice. Other than that, there really is no arguing with the rest of the team. The "experts" over at ESPNFC were arguing over whether or not it should be Salah or Son. I don't know who they had in their other picks were, but it seemed obvious that the front 3 would be Son, Kane and Salah. No other pick would make any sense...

I havent watched every game but I thought he had been hot and cold this season.

I'd swap him for Maguire certainly. The last few games of ours showed his worth.

Judas

Open to offers
Ederson and KDB are very odd selections, picked on what they've done in the past and then being part of a winning team, more than how they actually performed this season.

Has to be Maguire in place of Stones. Stones looked good only when Dias joined. Otherwise he is an average CB.
What he did in previous seasons is irrelevant though. Personally I think Maguire has had a better season overall. That spurs game and sending off for England no doubt had a big impact on this.

MU655

Maybe, but I'm not sure how you could miss out the left winger that was both top scorer and top assister for his position.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Grealish missed 12 straight games with injury and then made cameo appearances in another two. It's hard to make it into team of the year when you miss a third of the season in one chunk.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Grealish missed 12 straight games with injury and then made cameo appearances in another two. It's hard to make it into team of the year when you miss a third of the season in one chunk.
Son missed a third of the season too.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Where is Foden?
He wasn't that good this year come on... He finished the year really strongly but for 2/3 of the season he was "pretty good, nothing extra". Few big CL performances the stand out with him probably this year. Great talent, but he's not one of the best English wingers right now, not yet.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I think the team is pretty fair

Grealish instead of Son and the team would be near perfect.
Aye I think this would be my one change.
I really like Mount and would probably put him in my personal one, but it’s hard to argue against the current side

I think that’s a fair point but I’d still have Grealish ahead of Son. Son was on fire early on, but I think Grealish was arguably the best performer in the league before his injury.

I can understand why his limited appearances would exclude him for others though.