Phil Foden: "Mason Greenwood, the best I've seen finishing wise"

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

shahzy

Ok I'm kinda getting scared of falling into overhyping. He doesn't need that, we don't need that, utd don't need that.

diarm

Phil clearly angling for a transfer across city. He knows Pep isn't the man to give him the minutes he needs and has his eye on boarding the Ole love train!

Havak

Pokemon master
Looking forward to seeing if these two lads can live up to the hype and combine well for England.

Greenwood just has that sharp-shooting ability that a lot of people just don't have. He can hit the ball harder than 99% of players without needing any pace already on the pass, he can just generate it himself even from tight situations with the ball almost at a standstill. It's harder to describe to people how truly difficult it is to just be able to put your foot through the ball out of nowhere and he can do it with both feet!

It's the kind of ability you just have or you don't, it can't be taught IMO. I can practice absolutely smashing the ball and trying to get more accurate with it but it would never get anywhere close.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Looking forward to seeing if these two lads can live up to the hype and combine well for England.

Greenwood just has that sharp-shooting ability that a lot of people just don't have. He can hit the ball harder than 99% of players without needing any pace already on the pass, he can just generate it himself even from tight situations with the ball almost at a standstill. It's harder to describe to people how truly difficult it is to just be able to put your foot through the ball out of nowhere and he can do it with both feet!

It's the kind of ability you just have or you don't, it can't be taught IMO. I can practice absolutely smashing the ball and trying to get more accurate with it but it would never get anywhere close.
Yeah just like Pokemon trainer, you are either born a winner or a loser like Ash Ketchum.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Greenwood
Saka Foden Sancho
Could be world cup winning level if they keep developing.

This is the most excited I've been for a potential future England side.

If only we could give birth to some quality CBs
We seem stacked at AM and out wide but don't have much in DM or CB.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Greenwood
Saka Foden Sancho
Could be world cup winning level if they keep developing.

We seem stacked at AM and out wide but don't have much in DM or CB.
Reminds me a bit of Argentina a few years ago. Crazy good options in attack but everything behind them is too mediocre to do well.

romufc

Considering he has played and trained with Aguero, it really is high praise. They seem like good mates, I assume because they have grown up together and been part of the England youth growing up.

Irrespective of the club, quality players will always appreciate each others quality.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
"Better than Aguero"

I have this imagination where Aguero stops Foden in the tunnel after a game and starts slapping him.

Luke1995

Can Greenwood be as good as brazilian Ronaldo was at 19-20 years old ?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Agree with Foden, right or left doesn't matter.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Dennis Law/Ruud Van Nistelrooy/Cristiano Ronaldo numbers will be a walk in the park for him if he stays fit and works hard.