Phil Foden - What Is His Potential?

maurinho

Supports
FC Porto
Wonder if he’ll get tired of the intermittent playing time at City. United should try to steal him and give him a bigger role

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Wonder if he’ll get tired of the intermittent playing time at City. United should try to steal him and give him a bigger role
He's played the second most out of all the wingers there. Only 218 minutes less than Grealish.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He's played the second most out of all the wingers there. Only 218 minutes less than Grealish.
Aye they consistently rotate a lot, have done for years. Don't think most of their attackers tend to mind it if they're being featured regularly enough.

Wilt

Just turned 23.…

5 x Premier League
2 x FA Cup
4 x EFL
1 x Champions League

Reminds me of Cryuff

acnumber9

Just turned 23.…

5 x Premier League
2 x FA Cup
4 x EFL
1 x Champions League

Impressive?
It would be more impressive if they couldn’t achieve that success without him. I’d say they could’ve.

Walters_19_MuFc

It would be more impressive if they couldn’t achieve that success without him. I’d say they could’ve.
I'm one of his biggest critics, mainly because I think people tend to overrate him, but I feel he did really well when he came on for De Bruyne in that 8/10 position, which is the position I'd like him to see him play.

You are probably right in what you say, though, and that's credit to Pep, in that he has a flawless system that doesn't really rely on individuals. Again, Haaland was anonymous yesterday, De Bruyne went off, Walker didn't start, etc, but they still found a way.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
He turned 23 just a few days ago, people forget he's still a young player. He's had a fragmented season too with injuries and surgery.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He could replace De Bruyne long term, IMO. I reckon De Bruyne is already too much injured for Pep's liking, and I have no doubt he will be looking for replacement no matter how good he is.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
He could replace De Bruyne long term, IMO. I reckon De Bruyne is already too much injured for Pep's liking, and I have no doubt he will be looking for replacement no matter how good he is.
De Bruyne getting old
Gundogan and B Silva probably leaving

He'll have his chances to lock down a position in City's midfield.

simplyared

Crime having him on the bench! Pep as good a manager as he is has got that wrong. Its a big tactical mistake imo but luckily for him he has enough in the squad to get away with it.

Last edited:

RuudTom83

He is a decent player, but he had to do very little for a lot of his trophies...1st premier league medals came with 3 starts in the league, the 2nd from 11 starts.

I wish the medals were a little more limited or required a set number of appearances to earn them...it's almost laughable that Kalvin Phillips is a treble winner.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
He is a decent player, but he had to do very little for a lot of his trophies...1st premier league medals came with 3 starts in the league, the 2nd from 11 starts.

I wish the medals were a little more limited or required a set number of appearances to earn them...it's almost laughable that Kalvin Phillips is a treble winner.
Kind of like David May

whitbyviking

De Bruyne getting old
Gundogan and B Silva probably leaving

He'll have his chances to lock down a position in City's midfield.
said something similar in the thread last night; Gundogan and Silva look like they’re out and they leave a massive hole, not sure if Foden will fill either of them. Think he’d only replace De Bruyne as you say, and he’s not going anywhere fast.

Actually think Foden would be better off leaving as don’t seem him being a regular starter for 2-3 years.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
said something similar in the thread last night; Gundogan and Silva look like they’re out and they leave a massive hole, not sure if Foden will fill either of them. Think he’d only replace De Bruyne as you say, and he’s not going anywhere fast.

Actually think Foden would be better off leaving as don’t seem him being a regular starter for 2-3 years.
Silva's been "leaving" for the last 3/4 years yet he's still there!

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

Why?

If Guardiola buys 3 midfielders this summer yes he should be off

Blood Mage

Needs to add consistency to his game, but when he's good he's very good. Him and Bellingham are the two most talented English players of this generation.

simplyared

He's one of those players who's very good on the eye. Bucket loads of natural talent. Still only 23 and well on his way to world class level. Probably there by the end of the season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Southgate will just stick him on the left and he'll probably be underwhelming like in the World cup.

I think in time he'll have a Scholes like transition to deep midfield although more as a tempo 8, Pep has said as much although probably won't actually happen under his management.

He'll be at Man. City rest of his career I think.

Wilt

Impressive. Putting it bluntly, IMO he’s better than anyone currently at Utd.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Southgate will just stick him on the left and he'll probably be underwhelming like in the World cup.

I think in time he'll have a Scholes like transition to deep midfield although more as a tempo 8, Pep has said as much although probably won't actually happen under his management.

He'll be at Man. City rest of his career I think.
Maybe.. but he could also be out the door for next season if we get thrown outta the league.
I do think PHil is one of the guys who would stick by the club if we get thrown to championship but if the punishment is harsher he'll be gone.