Phil Foden - What Is His Potential?

jesperjaap

He is a fantastic young player. The intelligence, calmness, technique, balance, maturity at his age is exceptional and despite the hiccup with England, he appears to have his head on his shoulders.
Saying that I can agree with others saying about B'Allon Dor possibly not happening. SOunding cliched, he is probably not flashy enough, he does everything simply and unassuming. Cant help but appreciate his technique, but how many similar players have actually won it...Modric springs to mind, but I cant think of many.
Still far too early to say how far he can go and compare him to England greats, I mean look at the early Jack WIlshire and demise, he was also a fantastic young player, but I would say ability wise he is probably the cream of the crop and with the likes of Bellingham, Greenwood and several others, that is some accolade in itself.

Stig

I think he will be about the same standard as Michael Owen but win more trophies by virtue of being at City when they are top dog.

simplyared

Lad from Stockport living the dream! Playing for his idol club under the best coach in the world. His development has been insane. His movement and ball control is second to none. Sky's the limit!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think he will be about the same standard as Michael Owen but win more trophies by virtue of being at City when they are top dog.
Ballon d’Or level? ;)

What’s most impressive is that he’s probably City’s best big game player in attack, De Bruyne aside. Especially now Aguero is gone — Mahrez and Sterling as good as can be, never truly give you hope they’ll pull up trees in a big game. Jesus is hopeless most games, let alone the most important ones.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Whenever he is on the pitch, you get the feeling that he could win you the game out of nothing. There’s not many player over the years that could do that. So I guess he is something.

Paddy B

Supports
Manchester City
Ballon d’Or level? ;)

What’s most impressive is that he’s probably City’s best big game player in attack, De Bruyne aside. Especially now Aguero is gone — Mahrez and Sterling as good as can be, never truly give you hope they’ll pull up trees in a big game. Jesus is hopeless most games, let alone the most important ones.
It's such a shame to see Aguero finishing his career at City so lamely...I suppose all his injuries finally caught up with him. Over the last few months you certainly cannot put Mahrez in the same boat as Sterling. Mahrez has had several brilliant games and scored crucial goals whereas Sterling has largely been poor.

TheGame

Been a while since we've seen such a technically gifted English player, Scholes was the last one I remember. He wouldn't look out of place in that great Spain team with their style of play. Real exciting prospect. Just hope the national manager knows how to use all of these talents together.

thepolice123

Amazing that he has already played 115 games for City. Felt like this was his debut season. :eek:

In the same period, Bailly played only 100 games for us. :houllier:

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
He's a cnut, attention seeking again with this trend of covering his mouth talking to Haaland again. He knows it will be in the papers.
Imagine being this desperate to hate a kid that you make up absolutely any excuse out of nothing- pathetic.

passing-wind

He's the best young English player at the moment. Is a level above both Saka and Greenwood. Mason would have a shout if he was more prolific this season but he's still a striker for me playing out of position. Lots of Haaland vs Mbappe but Foden certainly isn't far outside this topic of conversation.

Bugs Bunny

Supports
Manchester City
It's good to see many Utd fans recognising how good Foden already is and how good he can become.

It's only natural to underrate players of rival clubs (sorry, I'm guilty of that with Rashford by the way!) however Foden has genuinely got the potential to be one of the very best in the world for City (hopefully for ever!) and for England.

Danny Roberts

He's gonna be a world class player in the next year or so if he isn't already. Needs to keep his head down though and only bang the Icelandic birds when protocol allows.

Sir Marcus

Exceptional talent but anyone thinks that he is already better than Rashford needs their head testing.

mav_9me

Imagine if this was Rashford or Sterling. Arrogant tweet by CL star as he seeks to shift blame on to his social media company.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Imagine if this was Rashford or Sterling. Arrogant tweet by CL star as he seeks to shift blame on to his social media company.
I don't think any kid would use the handshake emoji to be honest.

Screams of a "PR" team.

Ananke

I hate having to admit that I find him brilliant to watch.

Lad from Stockport living the dream! Playing for his idol club under the best coach in the world. His development has been insane. His movement and ball control is second to none. Sky's the limit!
From Stockport myself, so Foden's story/development is really something to admire.

Sir Marcus

I'm genuinely surprised you find it so controversial.

Rashford is brilliant to be fair and shown a lot more than Foden has in my opinion.

Take it less as a slight on Foden and more of a compliment to Rashford who gets an unfair deal on here.

I wasn't surprised that my comment prompted the usual suspects who spend all their time disparaging Rashford for some strange reason.

keithsingleton

Imagine being this desperate to hate a kid that you make up absolutely any excuse out of nothing- pathetic.
The only one desperate is him. Hush hush hush, wink wink wink. Let's whisper so the press can talk about us. Get my drift. If you don't like what you read you know where blue moon is, fcuk off back over there

Davicho

His future is playing as a left CM in a 3 man midfield, where he wil be top 5 in the world for about 10 years.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
The only one desperate is him. Hush hush hush, wink wink wink. Let's whisper so the press can talk about us. Get my drift.
Absolutely ridiculous sentiment. They cover their mouths so that lip-readers can't go to the press to make unnecessary stories out of what they're saying- I thought everyone knew that. People like you, who'll turn any tiny detail into a big drama for no reason at all. It's been standard for a long time now.

Suggesting it's because he wants attention is absurd. He just scored the decisive goal in a Champions League quarter final. Everyone is talking about that, absolutely nobody is talking about him having a conversation with Haaland afterwards.

Plenty of United players have done it in the past- I suppose they're all attention-hungry cnuts too?

BarcaSpurs

I remember when he absolutely needed to leave City to salvage his career.
Mental to think back to this narrative given he's now a regular and it took him until the old age of.... 20

People need to chill out when 18/19 year old talents aren't straight in to the first team.